In need of some thoughts and prayers

PingRhoda

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey ya'll,

Here over the past year we've had some issues with my wife's health and in need of some prayers. For a little history behind this, Shortly before we started dating back in 2004, she had a seizure while at school. The root cause of this was never found but her health did improve for the most part. Back in 2008, we were blessed with my daughter how is now about to turn 3. We did have some issues during the pregnancy and believed most of the issues were caused by her anemia (a condition which basically means the body is not getting enough iron). She never really got back to 100% from this but her health did improve for a little while after the pregnancy. Then about this time last year, she started getting daily migraines which would knock her on her butt to the point where the most she could do was just lay down to try to ride it out. My wife is very stubborn and refused to see a doctor until nearly passing out at work a few times in one day, Finally convincing her to see the doctor. After many tests and doctors visits. We finally found that she has Neurocardiogenic Syncope and Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS).

For those of you who do not know, I'll give a brief idea of both conditions.

Neurocardiogenic Syncope is an issue with the nerves around the heart that help to control blood flow. A common issue is the blood will pool in the limbs causing numbness, tingling, light-headedness etc. This can cause the person to pass out due to the lack of oxygen from the lack of blood flow. (For more information http://www.cccgroup.info/neurosyn.asp)

Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) is something that I am still trying to grasp. This is in the simplest explanation that I can find a decrease in the flow of blood to the brain by about 44%-60% when changing positions i.e. sitting to standing up. (for more information see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postural_orthostatic_tachycardia_syndrome)

Right now, we're in the beginning stages of an International adoption. We're concerned about whether or not to go through with the adoption with her health having gotten progressively worse over the past year. And no cure being available at this time for either condition.

The doctors have also suggested that she not drive for atleast 6 months which would put us down to 1 income. Her job was just part time but still loosing that extra bit would be putting a burden on us. And Disability is not available until you're out of work for 6+ months.

We would greatly appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers through this whole ordeal. I will definitly be sure to update as we receive more information. Thanks

UPDATE: Page 3
So a quick update regarding my wife's condition. She has not been doing well since I posted this up originally on Monday. Earlier that day, she had an episode at work. She felt light headed like she was about to pass out so she squated down in the Vault at the bank. She then passed out and either had a seizure or tremmors. She has been under close attention from myself and my mom since this happened. Monday night she fainted again while helping my 2 year old daughter on the potty since we are going through potty training. My mom caught her before she completely passed out and my dad helped her to the couch to lay down. We have been making her take it easy for a while and my mom is caring for my daughter so we can allow my wife to relax.

Right now she's getting 2-3 hours of sleep each night. She gets to sleeping good and either feels like her body is trying to pass out and she wakes herself up trying to fight it or the tremors happen again which wakes her up. She isn't walking to much or being on her feet much because she gets to feeling bad again. We spoke with our adoption agency yesterday and filled them in on everything that has been going on. They informed us that they felt it best if we discontinued the process which we did as of yesterday. This has hit my wife the hardest as she was looking forward to this. As was I, I just knew that we had other things to focus on before we went through with this. Then this morning, I went to pick up her car from her work today and advised them of her condition. On my way back from this she gave me a call. She had spoken with her HR about FMLA and they advised they don't offer and Short term or long term disability. So she had sent her manager an e-mail turning in her 2 weeks notice with medical leave so she won't be there during the 2 weeks.

We have an appointment on Monday the 18th with her cardiologist. Not sure what all if anything can be done. Just ready for her to get on that road to recovery as opposed to just hovering. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. We greatly appreciate them.

Last edited:
ouch theres no word which can help or ease what your going through so i wont bother blabbing on but i will say a prayer for you and wish you and you family all the best and hope everything gets sorted.

Prayers and love.

-Denny

Lots of prayers and love sent your way.

Taylor

Tap tap taparoo

Sorry for your troubles. Many a prayer and thoughts coming your way. Wish y'all the best.

Hopefully everything gets better, all of THP will have your family in our thoughts.

Lots of prayers and good thoughts sent your way. Stay strong.

Prayers lifted and please do keep us posted.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Our thoughts and best wishes go out to you, your wife, and your family.

Hopefully everything gets better, all of THP will have your family in our thoughts.

Said quite well and I can't really add more other than my family also hopes for the best for you and yours.

Our families thoughts and prayers are with you, hang in there.

Thoughts & prayers go out to you & your wife

My prayers and thoughts are with you and yours.

My prayers are with you.

I wish you and your family the best, PR. Stay positive!

PingRhoda-I will certainly pray for you as I also have a wife that has many health problems that have disabled her. I feel for you friend-hang in there!

Thoughts and prayers coming your way!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thoughts and prayers man. That is a tough situation

Your Wife & Family will definitely be in my prayers everyday .Hope it all works for you guys.

You got it buddy. Good luck with everything.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

My thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Lots of thoughts and prayers heading your way.

Matthew 18:20: "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them"

Back