In The Rough 2022 Bag

InTheRough

Course Botanist
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 16.2
After much pondering and whinging, I've settled on the bag. I don't have the newest, latest and greatest because I don't have the money to spend on that, so I bought stuff from two years ago that was still in the store... NEW. Quite honestly I couldn't tell much difference. The Asterisk denotes the change.

Driver: 10.5 degree TM Sim Max*
FW: 5W (19.5 degree) Cobra F9
Hybrids: Cobra SZ 21* & 24*
Irons: Cobra F9 One Length 6i - GW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 52* & 56* & Smart Sole C* (yes, it's a chipper)
Putter: 2011 Odyssey White Ice Dart 48"

WITB_2022_APR.jpg

How do you even play with clubs that are soooo old!?!?

I’m kidding!

My bag’s age is about the same as yours. I’m not knocking the new stuff but I haven’t seen a big enough improvement lately to constitute spending that kind of money on new clubs.

I don't know. Maybe I should upgrade to the stronger lofted LTDx One Length irons. I'd only have to buy the 7i - GW, but I could see a gapping problem with the GW (47.5 degrees) and my 52 degree wedge. I could add a CBX2 48 degree wedge to cover that gap because we know how hot the faces are on those irons, and then I'd have new gear. Now if I really wanted to make golf easier... I could pick up two Sim 2 Max Rescues in 6 and 7 to replace my 6i and 7i. I could do that during the summer. Order direct from TM. They have Speed pocket and Twist Face. How could I go wrong? And they have that blue to match the blue on my irons. Fairway bunkers begone! Unfortunately, that would probably reduce the number of rounds I'd get to play.

Solid bag….congrats on the new sticks! Have fun in 2022.

Back