In which season do you enjoy playing golf the most?

Your favourite golf season to play?

• Spring

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Summer

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Fall

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Winter

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • All

Votes: 13 16.3%

• Total voters

camden_kid

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I'll add winter just out of completeness and all, but do you have a preference?

Where is the all option?

Summer. It’s when I’m done coaching soccer and get to focus on golf. Also that’s when most of my golf trips are able to take place.

I'm a big fan of everything except winter. It doesn't get too cold here so it's not the temperature that bugs me, but the grass goes dormant and the courses are not as visually nice as in the other 3 seasons. Summer doesn't bother me much since the courses are usually in better shape here.

Summer for me. I don't like golf in the cold!

I love Fall and I love Fall golf!

Summer -- especially late in the evening (play until dark)

Spring for me. I love seeing good greens that are not all beat up from play. The course is greening up, all the flowers are blooming.

I like to play all of them but fall would be my favorite as it's still warm but a little cooler than summer time.

Fall! I can deal with the leaves as long as it isn't blazing hot

I think I’d say spring if I lived somewhere hot but living in England I have no choice but to say Summer 🤣.

Summer in PHX. Lower prices and only nut jobs like me out after noon in 115 heat. Much better pace!

Each has their own pros and cons but I would have to choose the fall.

Spring - Courses are saturated, and in tough shape... and then the black flies and skeeters come out....but at this point, I am itching to get out and play.
Summer - Courses are in top notch shape, but it can get hot and humid up here which can be brutal. I pack enough SPF50+ and liquids to get me by.
Fall - My ideal temps....warm enough to wear shorts and short sleeves but cool enough you aren't sweating bullets. Only downside here is losing the sunlight.
Winter - You're funny....play on a golf simulator or don't play at all for 5-6 months.

Fall for me. Although late Spring is not bad either. I prefer it when it’s not cold or wet.

Summer. Not even close. I'd rather be sweating profusely than be even minimally chilly.

~Rock

I love this time of year when the course conditions are near peak. I love the fall when the air is cooling down and leaves are changing.

But summer has to be the best. Almost 14 hours of daylight. Hard fairways & firm greens. And the cold beer just tastes that much better...

I went with all, but reality is that we can't play year-round up here. Peak golf season is definitely summer for us, but there's something about spring golf where you're just getting back into it and extra excited again, and also with fall golf where all the work you put in during the summer is paying off.

I will golf whenever it is playable but my favorite is in the fall before the leaves fall.

Fall, up until the time change. It is not as hot or crowded and I can play later in the day still. We play year round but during Standard time in the Winter it gets dark too early.

Spring, before it gets too hot for me.

I had to pick Spring because the excitement to get back out to real golf after the long winter is so much fun. My preference is to play in 80+ temperatures, so Summer would be the ideal time for me to play golf.

All of them because of where I live. We play year around out here.

Now if I have a favorite time of year to play, it's probably mid June to the end of August. It's so darn hot, that after the early morning rush, the courses are basically empty, and the green fees tend to be lower.

I only dislike weather that keeps me off of or closes a course, ie: hurricanes, tornados, blizzards, temps below 32, etc.

I have winter golf pants and other cold weather gear, but the first round in shorts is always nice. That and Autumn golf when the leaves change...

I like to golf. What was the question again?

Back