In which season do you enjoy playing golf the most?

Your favourite golf season to play?

• Spring

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Summer

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Fall

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Winter

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • All

Votes: 13 16.3%

• Total voters
Fall.

My game is usually in good shape and the weather is finally back to an enjoyable temperature. A bonus is the course conditions are usually at their best.

Fall golf in my area is spectacular. The temps are moderate and the courses tend to be in their best conditions at the time.

We get lot of indian summers here and so it creates awesome views and fun golf. Love it. But I will play when ever I can. I struggle with cold golf though.

Fall it is usually perfect weather and beautiful scenery with the trees turning their fall colors. It makes me wish I could walk and carry my bag again.

Last edited:
Spring for me. Nice and cool, fall with all the leaves on the ground I tend to lose more balls.

In Texas, Spring is my vote. Its not blazing hot yet, and we still have sunlight into the evening hours.

i had to go winter

No, the course is not in great shape but it is mostly empty and it is such a joy to get out of the house and walk a 3 hour round. we play any time the weather is 40 or better, dry and low wind.

Spring. You have the excitement of getting back on the course, get to put in the work on the range getting the swing back, and that first day it's warm enough to wear shorts is always special. In the summer, people complain about the heat or are gone for vacations. In the fall, tailgating at football games takes priority.

Plus, you always have the excuse "It's only March/April, my game will be in prime condition come June."

Spring and early summer is the best...as in right now.

Spring is great because humidity is low, temps are decent, and the bugs aren't out yet.
Summer is ok except for hot/humid days. Somewhere halfway through summer bugs start coming from everywhere and like to attack me even when they leave others alone.
Fall the temps are great, grass is still green, bugs are hit and miss, but once the leaves start falling finding balls gets difficult.
Winter, sure indoor sims are fun. Hitting balls outside in the backyard and waiting 4 months for the snow to melt to see where they landed is a test in patience.

It really depends on the area.

I'll add winter just out of completeness and all, but do you have a preference?
Fall for me because it seems like everyone here in Ohio would rather watching football and the courses are pretty empty. I always check when Ohio State, the Browns' and the Bengals' kickoff time is and plan my golf to get to the course about 30 minutes after the game starts.
Im usually able to get out as a single and get around the course pretty quickly. I love it.

Summer. I like it hot!!!!

I guess spring just nudging out the fall.. summer is too muggy here but If I can get out early or late enough it's not that bad

Summer. It's hot as hell, the courses are empty, play is fast, and green fees are cheap when we travel to other courses! Fall is a close second, when it starts to cool down and before the snowbirds (and their crowds and 5-hour rounds) arrive for the winter.

Last edited:
I voted for Fall, despite the problems with leaves.
I would have voted for Spring, except for allergies and wet weather.

Fall here in Ohio. No doubt. I just hate what's next.

In Ohio, Winter is out because of the cold and snow. Summer is a tough one because of the heat. I usually play my best in the fall but leaves are a pain for finding balls. I think Spring has the best weather but I'm trying to shake off the winter rust. This is a tough one. I'll go Spring since it technically lasts until June 20th.

I had to go all seasons. There is something I love about all of them. In the spring I am excited to be shaking off the rust. Summer is the peak of the season and there is nothing like chasing the sun down on a summer evening trying to squeeze in as many holes as you can as the sun sets. In the fall my course plays firm and fast which presents a new challenge. Finally there is nothing like stealing some extra rounds in the winter carrying your bag when the course is empty.

I love them all.

I'll golf in almost any weather here, but fall is the best.
Winter can be iffy weather and nice weather brings out the snowbirds
Spring brings out the golf tourists, usually groups of guys that drink too much on the course and afterwards.
Summer golf is hot and humid if your tee time is after 9AM, although ocean courses get a good early evening breeze.
Fall - cooler weather (70's and 80's) tourists have gone home and snowbirds haven't arrived.

Summer. It is strictly a weather thing for me. I don't mind the heat, even when it gets to be 100° or more. However, rarely does it get that hot before we finish since we tee off around 7:00AM every weekday. The ball travels farther in warmer weather and we see less rain thus fewer rounds canceled because of it. It also tends to be less windy.

2nd choice would be the fall here in North Texas. Less wind and rain than in the Spring and cooler temps than the Summer.

Back