Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It takes brass tacks to jump into the putter ring, and Indi
Golf clearly already has those as illustrated by the fact that they founded
their company around the release of a non-conforming wedge design that drew a
lot of reactions across the industry. One thing is certain about Indi, they
will never cut corners or sacrifice quality, so when they bring something new
to the table, I’m always eager to take a closer look.

Fortunately, I was able to do just that by spending time with the new Indi putter designs, the Ramone and Allison.

1-2.jpg

Quick Take

Honest to goodness unique shapes in a market flooded with
carbon copies. Not only unique, but good, very good. Putters that somehow
manage to eschew the typical feel and feedback that come with using aluminum as
a base material, they will blow minds in terms of sound/feel. At times though,
the line between classy and clumsy is crossed when...

Continue reading...

Great write up @Jman, thanks as always. I wonder if the weight is the reason the aluminum feels better than other aluminum's or if it is something else they did with it? I know feel is often sound so maybe they did something there. Anyway that black and blue is dope and I kind of like the busy branding on these for some reason. It reminds me of the back of a car with bumper stickers in a good way.

Nice review, @Jman - I really like the Allison putter and it sounds like Indi got more right than wrong with these. That price is going to hold them back, maybe, but like you said they can’t win on price

Really like the Allison! Looks like a lot of forgiveness in a mid-mallet shape. The $449 price...😳!

Man, I thought more would read, and read all the way to the end....;)

Solid write up, thanks. The face on that Ramone is sharp 😎

Man, I thought more would read, and read all the way to the end....;)

Oh I am fully ready to review and provide some long term feedback on the Ramone 🤙

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
The look just doesn't suit my eye, but that price would honestly turn me off even if I could see them in stores near me

Oh I am fully ready to review and provide some long term feedback on the Ramone 🤙
Well there is one that read it all the way. :cool::p

Some fun things coming with these as far as two lucky THP’ers will go. Really believe that in hand these will break a lot of preconceptions all the way down.

I’ve rolled a lot of putters, a lot that use aluminum, none have ever sounded/felt like these.

Last edited:
Very nice review @Jman !! I am even more excited to get my Allison in that I was before. And the fact that you are going to share the love with a couple forum members is awesome!!

Excellent review James! I really like the looks of the Allison and am very pleased that the head weight is only 350 grams. Love the fact that they do not feel like other aluminum putters. I have tried a few in my time and did not really care for them. Sounds like these check all the boxes, except the affordability one.

Oh, and I would certainly volunteer my services to review the Allison!

I really like the looks of this line. For a first foray into the market, it is a strong showing that I really enjoyed rolling.

Excellent review James! I really like the looks of the Allison and am very pleased that the head weight is only 350 grams. Love the fact that they do not feel like other aluminum putters. I have tried a few in my time and did not really care for them. Sounds like these check all the boxes, except the affordability one.
Totally agree, the weights they have hit here are surprising given the profiles, and that’s the beauty of the base material of course. But I’m like you, the feel is a make or break with these types of materials.

Price is an interesting aspect, I will say the company does seem to run some percent off sales which helps it be more palatable.

I really like the looks of this line. For a first foray into the market, it is a strong showing that I really enjoyed rolling.
Yup, a lot can go wrong in a first leap into putters, the balance between wanting unique and getting people to try it is a fine line, and I’m honest when I say I think Indi did as good of a job as anyone I’ve seen as far as that goes.

Yup, a lot can go wrong in a first leap into putters, the balance between wanting unique and getting people to try it is a fine line, and I’m honest when I say I think Indi did as good of a job as anyone I’ve seen as far as that goes.

That is the biggest thing. Visually different enough to catch eyes. Something that is in place for a differentiator and then a product that works. On the surface it appears as though Indi Golf has hit most of those marks.

Nice write up. I can't say that the shape of either of them suit my eye. And that is a pretty hefty ask at $450. But, I dig the heel and toe weight setup. I am looking forward to seeing THPers thoughts on them when they get a chance to test them out.

This is a great write up. It is right on par to the putter I had thoughts would be a great build. Price point is less than a top driver, and the putter gets used twice as often...….Good stuff.

Nice write up. I can't say that the shape of either of them suit my eye. And that is a pretty hefty ask at $450. But, I dig the heel and toe weight setup. I am looking forward to seeing THPers thoughts on them when they get a chance to test them out.
Its like I said in the article, with price, it’s a tight rope where most times a company just can’t win. Too high and people ball, too low and they call the product cheap. It’s hard on a company for sure.

Its like I said in the article, with price, it’s a tight rope where most times a company just can’t win. Too high and people ball, too low and they call the product cheap. It’s hard on a company for sure.
Right, you don't want to de-value your product. But, they're going up against some pretty well established brands. I am no economist and I did not sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night. Time will tell how the market adopts the brand. As you mentioned in your article, accessibility will be a hurdle too. I don't know what their retail presence will be. But, if golfers can't try a product of that price out before spending that kind of money, it'll be tough.

Right, you don't want to de-value your product. But, they're going up against some pretty well established brands. I am no economist and I did not sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night. Time will tell how the market adopts the brand. As you mentioned in your article, accessibility will be a hurdle too. I don't know what their retail presence will be. But, if golfers can't try a product of that price out before spending that kind of money, it'll be tough.
The other thing lost in this though is inventory, a company like this is not going to have the inventory of an odyssey or a taylormade, because of that it’s sometimes easier to stay in that more boutique price margin, less to sell therefore less concern about what the price is.

The other thing lost in this though is inventory, a company like this is not going to have the inventory of an odyssey or a taylormade, because of that it’s sometimes easier to stay in that more boutique price margin, less to sell therefore less concern about what the price is.
Very good point.

Enjoyed the write-up and I LOVE the unique look of the Allison! Intrigued after the way James described the feel off the face for these vs other aluminum putters. Price is definitely premium, but if these ever show up retail, I'd give it a shot for sure. I think many overlook Indi Wedges and they were great wedges IMO.

Nice write up. The Ramone is really got a nice look to it, love how the blue alignment lines draws your eyes into it . Can't wait to hear what THP'rs think of them.

Definitely even more intrigued by these and really liked the end of the article. :cool:

Back