Review Indi Golf Putters Review

Just ordered the Black Allison. Have never ordered a putter I have not tested....Even went to a golf shop in Chesapeake which had Indi as a club choice...Got there and was advised no Indi putters...and I took a few swings with a TM Spyder X..hit 3 putts made 3....dropped 3 more balls down, made 3 more. Bought it....Ugh It rolls pretty nice but....I had thoughts that a high moi putter like Allison would be special....went Black based on all the input above....Loved the 1putt coupon. Thank You for advising. I'll report back once have utilized a few times. Had been gaming an Axis 1 and loved the balance....But I use my putter often off the green and at times put a pretty big swing on it. My hope is Allison will be a better performer in that regard, as well as more stable on short putts.
I know it's a little late now, but I'm within a couple hour drive to the NC/VA border. I'm always down for a road trip (the wife might not like it too much) and would have brought the Ramone with me.

Same goes to anyone within a couple hours of Eastern NC. If you want to try out the Ramone in black, I'm game and will meet you (preferably on a Friday).

I know it's a little late now, but I'm within a couple hour drive to the NC/VA border. I'm always down for a road trip (the wife might not like it too much) and would have brought the Ramone with me.

Same goes to anyone within a couple hours of Eastern NC. If you want to try out the Ramone in black, I'm game and will meet you (preferably on a Friday).
That is very kind, I was all about the Allison. I have a good bud/actually two who live in Wilmington...One plays out of Pine Valley the other outta Cape Fear. From your posts you seem to be loving the Ramone. Enjoy.

Took the Allison out for a round today. It was bright and sunny and I kind of regretted it when that glare off the putter slapped me in the face on the first green. The only time all round I could actually see the flange alignment lines was the few times when my shadow was cast over the putter head. But, even with that, I made several nice putts with it so I absolutely will not complain about that.
It amazes me that finishes like this make it past research and testing. You would think someone would realize it could potentially be a problem on bright days.

Following is based on past 3 days of working with the Allison putter and my current gamer Spider X and a little background.....
My Allison arrived Wednesday. I played in the am and arrived home to the box. Took it out to the putting green at Riverfront. My putting has always been good. But I am a tinkerer and have gone thru too many putters to even comprehend. I have a Scotty Futura of the original type....It's like 25 years old. It is butt ugly but it keeps crawling back into my bag. About 5 years ago I picked up an Axis 1 Umbra and that and the Scotty have dueled back and forth....So I got the idea to build a putter...A block of aluminum. With a mallet. Heavy weights on outside. rolled bottom on front. Then I read the Indi review and that putter the Allison looks much like the putter I thought about building. ...So let's get to work. I really wanted to try out the Allison first...Went a looking and found a Golf Connection store which advised Indi was a club offering...Hopped in car got there and no Indi's. Mgr said sorry we are independent and not per se associated to the website...So a TM Spider X was sitting there...picked it up and rolled 6 balls in...So I bought it. It's nice but a few weeks later I still had that pang in my gut for the Indi...So I sold a few clubs...and what the heck ordered the Allison. 34 inch same as the Spider X...Got the Black finish....So Wed/Thu I had what I call a putt off...I spent 4 hours total knocking around long lags....15 footers and the crucial 4 footers...Initially I found it difficult to get the Allison to the hole on the longer putts. It just seemed like I needed to give it a little extra swing. But wow the shorties it is strong. That moi keeps the slight mishits on track. So I hit 6 90 foot putts with each and the Spider X was slightly better....This after spending a good hour with each putter acclimating to the stimp and all...Then I went to a 24 set of shorties and again Spider X was a clear winner...21 out of 24 with 3 lip outs vs 18 of 24 with 2 lip outs. I go out to play tomorrow and I'm gonna bring both and hit both every putt. I'll be playing solo and will have the time to.

Couple points....The Spider X has a great leather like Super Stroke grip and that amazing KBS putter shaft. It's a nice head cover too. On the Allison even with the $450 price tag they have a mark up for grip choice. I have had so many different grips....I did swing by a Dicks and went thru the choices Indi had and came away with a great feeling with the Red Pro Choice Golf Pride grip...It feels nice and I enjoy the way my thumbs mold into it. It has a standard shaft and the head cover is OK, but just OK. The Spider X I laid out $350 for. and with the discount code 1putt for the Indi Allison was basically the same....Never in my life have I had that much tied into putters....

First pass if I had to choose the Spider X is staying in the bag. The Allison is a really nice putter but is coming up a hair short. My guess is if I put the KBS shaft and the Super Stroke grip on the Allison, it would be the gamer right now...A few more sessions will take place...Either which way my guess is the 2nd place finisher will be sent away.
The long center line stripe on the Spider X....I have a grey with white really lines you up well. The Allison with the black with two blue lines at ball width are nice but not as precise.

So played today and utilized both putters. My enjoyment of the Allison is increasing. It is so solid on the inside 6 foot putts. A true confidence is instilled. It was decent on the long lags...which happen often with me as I use my putter often to chip per se...While the Spider X was better on long lags...The Allison knocked in the longer 2nd putts more often than the Spider X knocked in the shorter putts....After first round playing with both slight advantage Allison.

I will post this now and follow up once or twice more...But I play basically Mon to Fri so next rounds and putt offs not till Monday.

Following is based on past 3 days of working with the Allison putter and my current gamer Spider X and a little background.....
My Allison arrived Wednesday. I played in the am and arrived home to the box. Took it out to the putting green at Riverfront. My putting has always been good. But I am a tinkerer and have gone thru too many putters to even comprehend. I have a Scotty Futura of the original type....It's like 25 years old. It is butt ugly but it keeps crawling back into my bag. About 5 years ago I picked up an Axis 1 Umbra and that and the Scotty have dueled back and forth....So I got the idea to build a putter...A block of aluminum. With a mallet. Heavy weights on outside. rolled bottom on front. Then I read the Indi review and that putter the Allison looks much like the putter I thought about building. ...So let's get to work. I really wanted to try out the Allison first...Went a looking and found a Golf Connection store which advised Indi was a club offering...Hopped in car got there and no Indi's. Mgr said sorry we are independent and not per se associated to the website...So a TM Spider X was sitting there...picked it up and rolled 6 balls in...So I bought it. It's nice but a few weeks later I still had that pang in my gut for the Indi...So I sold a few clubs...and what the heck ordered the Allison. 34 inch same as the Spider X...Got the Black finish....So Wed/Thu I had what I call a putt off...I spent 4 hours total knocking around long lags....15 footers and the crucial 4 footers...Initially I found it difficult to get the Allison to the hole on the longer putts. It just seemed like I needed to give it a little extra swing. But wow the shorties it is strong. That moi keeps the slight mishits on track. So I hit 6 90 foot putts with each and the Spider X was slightly better....This after spending a good hour with each putter acclimating to the stimp and all...Then I went to a 24 set of shorties and again Spider X was a clear winner...21 out of 24 with 3 lip outs vs 18 of 24 with 2 lip outs. I go out to play tomorrow and I'm gonna bring both and hit both every putt. I'll be playing solo and will have the time to.

Couple points....The Spider X has a great leather like Super Stroke grip and that amazing KBS putter shaft. It's a nice head cover too. On the Allison even with the $450 price tag they have a mark up for grip choice. I have had so many different grips....I did swing by a Dicks and went thru the choices Indi had and came away with a great feeling with the Red Pro Choice Golf Pride grip...It feels nice and I enjoy the way my thumbs mold into it. It has a standard shaft and the head cover is OK, but just OK. The Spider X I laid out $350 for. and with the discount code 1putt for the Indi Allison was basically the same....Never in my life have I had that much tied into putters....

First pass if I had to choose the Spider X is staying in the bag. The Allison is a really nice putter but is coming up a hair short. My guess is if I put the KBS shaft and the Super Stroke grip on the Allison, it would be the gamer right now...A few more sessions will take place...Either which way my guess is the 2nd place finisher will be sent away.
The long center line stripe on the Spider X....I have a grey with white really lines you up well. The Allison with the black with two blue lines at ball width are nice but not as precise.

So played today and utilized both putters. My enjoyment of the Allison is increasing. It is so solid on the inside 6 foot putts. A true confidence is instilled. It was decent on the long lags...which happen often with me as I use my putter often to chip per se...While the Spider X was better on long lags...The Allison knocked in the longer 2nd putts more often than the Spider X knocked in the shorter putts....After first round playing with both slight advantage Allison.

I will post this now and follow up once or twice more...But I play basically Mon to Fri so next rounds and putt offs not till Monday.
It took me a couple rounds to get used to the Ramone and it might take a little for you to get used to the Allison. Like you, I’m not a fan of the align marks, but over time you actually get used to them. Once you figure the putter out, man does it start to feel good.

Since my last post I have played 6 times. Twice I carried 2 putters with me and twice each I gamed the Allison and the Spider X. Playing and putting is just different than practice putting….The redundant hitting of putts practicing the Spider X and Allison were near identical in results. On the course, well the Allison shined. It is so stable that my confidence with those 4/5/6 footers is so high. My stroke can be a tad off but the extreme sweetspot covers minor problems. It is also very strong with the big swings of long lags. It is in the bag for now. The Spider X is a very nice putter but it requires more precision. At times my stroke has that precision....But not always. So we are gaming the Allison and candidly because of the THP forum reviews.

So we are gaming the Allison and candidly because of the THP forum reviews.
That’s awesome! I’m glad to hear that the Allison is working well for you. The black finish seems to be the way to go with the Indi putters.

Since my last post I have played 6 times. Twice I carried 2 putters with me and twice each I gamed the Allison and the Spider X. Playing and putting is just different than practice putting….The redundant hitting of putts practicing the Spider X and Allison were near identical in results. On the course, well the Allison shined. It is so stable that my confidence with those 4/5/6 footers is so high. My stroke can be a tad off but the extreme sweetspot covers minor problems. It is also very strong with the big swings of long lags. It is in the bag for now. The Spider X is a very nice putter but it requires more precision. At times my stroke has that precision....But not always. So we are gaming the Allison and candidly because of the THP forum reviews.
I told you all.
;)

I had the Ramone out yesterday for another 18. I can definitely tell the difference in feel and sound with off center hits but there is almost zero performance loss in how the ball rolls. It’s a little hard to explain, but with the off center hits if feels and sounds almost like your hitting a rock when you strike way out on the toe. But the way the ball rolls is still VERY nice even on extreme heel and toe shots.

So I think I’ve finally got this putter figured out. To be honest it was probably more of a “the indian and not the arrow” deal, but I digress. After having the Ramone for several months now I’m finally confidant with the alignment marks. We’ve had some good rain this week leaving greens slower than normal and the morning dew didn’t help much either. Distance control was a not an issue at all, even with slower than normal greens. I would say that today 85-90% of my putts were in the center of the face and man, did they feel good. With the added confidence I now have in the putter I am seeing far less three putts, only one today, and now am using it as my primary when I’m on the fringe instead of trying to chip.
@Jman thank you for this opportunity for giving me this assignment for a long term review. The more I play, the better I get, and in turn the more confidant I become in my putting game.To have a high quality flat stick joining me along the way has made this way more fun!
To the rest of THP, if you have any questions that I can answer please ask!

I have been playing often and using the Indi Allison. All of my recent golf has been on public courses with average green speeds in the 9 arena. Yesterday was my first round where I played truly spectacular greens with it. I played Kinloch in VA, standardly rated the best course in the state, and the greens were running near 12. My game was a solid B, not great and average leaves were a little longer than average....but I one putted 7 times and had no 3 putts. I had 6 greens where my first putt was over 40 feet. Distance control was superb.

Back