Indoor Golf League?

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
So a lot of us here in the Northern states this time of year have to deal with the cold, winter months and the weather that it brings. During this time, a lot of our games go into hibernation. Most of us don't have the luxury of having indoor golf simulators in our homes to keep our game sharp over those winter months.
So one of the local golf courses in my area has really modified their clubhouse. They have recently renovated the clubhouse & added a bunch of golf simulators. I was thinking of joining up in the Indoor Golf League come January. Just to keep my game sharp & to meet other golfers in the area. I figured no matter the weather, if it was on a weekly basis, it would make myself go & practice more over the winter months. Otherwise, the clubs would probably sit in the Nut Cave and gather dust.

Indoor_Golf_League.jpg

So would this be something you guys would do if given the opportunity? For those of you that have simulators in your homes, you should start a golf league like this. (y)

Incidentally, this club has 3 hitting bays & offers timeslots in order to play by the hour. At $50 per hour! I guess you get to play as many holes as you can in an hour? Otherwise, that's a bit much :eek:

Playing a winter indoor league now. Very enjoyable. This is my first simulator experience. The chipping has been the hardest part to sort out. I am more visual with chipping and wedges than distance programmed. The other adjustment is playing courses at near sea level vs. our 5000'. 5% carry difference seems about right, although I see less difference with wedges. Putting is stupid, and we've moved to auto-putt with 8' gimmie range. We play our 3rd match this week. So far this is shaping up to be a fun winter for golfing; love it.

I play the OGT league. A couple thousand guys. Lots of fun. Keeps my swing sharp during the winter.

I think you should sell off a few of your surplus sets, invest in a SkyTrak setup, and start the @golfinnut indoor league.

I used to do one with O'Carroll and we had some good times. The price got a bit out of control and that prevented me from continuing.

I used to do one with O'Carroll and we had some good times. The price got a bit out of control and that prevented me from continuing.

The price was only high because you 2 drink beer like it is water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you should sell off a few of your surplus sets, invest in a SkyTrak setup, and start the @golfinnut indoor league.
You gonna build the addition on my house??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You gonna build the addition on my house??

Put it in your garage. You think those are made for cars?

Put it in your garage. You think those are made for cars?
Yeah no. I care more about Camaro

I suck at indoor golf. (This week) so stupid
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I played in one for a few years. It was fun. Like @GoldenBuff was saying, the short game part of it kind of sucks, but it was fun I only quit doing it because without fail, our "tee time" for the week would coincide with a pow day.

I was in one for 3 years. It was fun but we had to play twice a week. It got to be a little much. The prize money was kind of nice since we finished first or second all three years. Last year we just play once a week and that was fine.

The range I go to has a winter Top Tracer league. Seems pretty neat, just don’t have time to play in it.

I'm in the simulator golf tour online. Play 2 rounds a week on that.

I also run a league with my buddies in my home, with GSpro, and a GC2. After 4 rounds at 2 courses to establish online handicp. We play 1 round a week. We have weekly net and gross winners. Being we're Canadian, I tried to play quite a few Canadian courses. Here is our schedule;;

Capture sch.PNG

First time trying this so it may be different next year. :)
And we end playing Augusta the week before the Masters starts so should be cool.

All rounds are streamed on our discord channel, so everyone in the league can watch live if they want, and chirp a little, lol.
Then all rounds are uploaded to youtube. Figured this would be cool, and a way to settle disputes if its all recorded.

Last edited:
I play on two indoor leagues. I love the pace of play, no time spent chasing balls. The short game part leaves a bit to be desired, with no real feel for distance on short shots and putting but it beats the heck out of watching TV.

I played in an indoor league for a few years. Stopped when covid hit and haven't rejoined since. Probably should rather than hitting balls into a net in my cold garage. But I prefer my mat set up over theirs.

I love that there are indoor leagues for people in cold weather areas, and it feels like I get an invite to one just about every day right now. I am not a big fan of the video game golf, and I'd end up with a whole different bag for it, so best not to go down that road. I can see how that would go with the wife. :LOL:

I'm in the Northeast but I've never felt the urge to do any indoor golf or any indoor leagues.

I’m a big fan of screen golf, love playing in leagues throughout the winter, while purists sit around and grouse about the weather. Used to feel the same about indoor softball. Perfect? No, but there is something satisfying about driving to the course in the middle of a snowstorm knowing that you’re still going to be swinging it. 🏌️‍♂️

Back