I'm sure that will offset all the sugar and alcohol intake today;)
Hehe. I had the same idea to somehow fight the alcohol and food overconsumption. However, did not work as expected (or did it?!). It was quite hard to row 5k today. So I punished myself a bit: did a slow 5k warmup at 2:10 pace at average. 10 minutes pause where I discussed a few things with my wife and afterwards a ranked 5k „move fat lil‘ boy“ row with a 2:02 pace. That was a bit tough... now back to more food and red wine 😅

Got another 5 km done this morning.

Got another 5 km done this morning.
Great work! Keep at it.
After no booze yesterday I feel more or less recovered. Therefore did a 10k intervall training by going 2:30min at 90% and 5min at 60%. Felt quite nice and not too much exhausting.

35F7481E-B379-43DE-84D4-C18E0B596E1B.png
Did the medium workout of the day from Concept2 today. Holy cow... those Intervall trainings are definitely not easy to do.

Happy new year to everybody!
The Virtual Team Challenge is underway and I am very pleased to say that team THP is holding up quite well. We already rowed 32km throughout the last 3 days and therefore are placed on a honerable place of 545 participating teams.
5350DC70-2EB8-4F4C-A058-F75E1AEDCB7D.jpeg

to be fair: the teams in front consist of nearly a hundred rowers and only overall meters count for the placements.
Good job to my fellow team members - keep on rowin‘!

Reactions: KEV
Looks like rowing and my back don't get along. I had instructors check my form and it was fine. Lower back has been an issue through the holiday. I will take a few off then see what's up.

Happy new year to everybody!
The Virtual Team Challenge is underway and I am very pleased to say that team THP is holding up quite well. We already rowed 32km throughout the last 3 days and therefore are placed on a honerable place of 545 participating teams.
View attachment 8986196

to be fair: the teams in front consist of nearly a hundred rowers and only overall meters count for the placements.
Good job to my fellow team members - keep on rowin‘!
Finally got back to rowing in January. School starting back up was a lot busier than expected, but put in 6000 m tonight. I'm going to try for 10k tomorrow - but we'll see how that goes.

Knocked out another 10,000 m this morning. My goal is to average 35k a week.

And I just realized that I had my damper setting at 10 all this time. I think I should be rowing with a lower setting - at least according to all the stuff I've been reading/watching.

Knocked out another 10,000 m this morning. My goal is to average 35k a week.

And I just realized that I had my damper setting at 10 all this time. I think I should be rowing with a lower setting - at least according to all the stuff I've been reading/watching.

Tonight I did a pilates workout followed by a 10 minute rowing workout and it seems like a great combo. I've found a YouTube channel that has a ton of different rowing workouts and I've been enjoying it a lot so far. It's nice to have a little variety to keep me engaged.

Another Concept2 fan. Would like to get one for at home now that I don't have membership at a gym that has a Concept2 (another brand, but they are not the same).

5k yesterday and 7.5 km today. Yesterday was HIIT .

Love this and do 2 x week at gym, and also doing a cycling class today at gym. Between two get my lower body workout compliments with workouts on upper more.

Finally able to get back to the gym and start rowing. I just sent an app to the team on C2.

I've never done any formal rowing before. I have done some workouts here and there. The Navy is going to let us row 2k for our next fitness test if we want to, so I'm going to try and build that to see if I can get to 7:30 to max that.

I've done a couple Dark Horse beginner workouts this week and hope to continue with those 3-4 times a week.

Last edited:
Finally able to get back to the gym and start rowing. I just sent an app to the team on C2.

I've never done any formal rowing before. I have done some workouts here and there. The Navy is going to let us row 2k for our next fitness test if we want to, so I'm going to try and build that to see if I can get to 7:30 to max that.

I've done a couple Dark Horse beginner workouts this week and hope to continue with those 3-4 times a week.
Good luck! So the goal is 2k under 7:30?

7 more 5km workouts & a 10 km row in the last 2 weeks. It’s getting easier to go faster & pull harder

Good luck! So the goal is 2k under 7:30?
Just checked, and the max points for my age group is 7:25. Definitely moving. We'll see if I can get there. At the earliest, I'll have to take the test in July.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

February totals as of today: 84.85 km rowed.

Not quite the 100 km/month I'm shooting for, but not too far away. One more day left to hit that number!

Last row of February done this morning: 11 km in 60 min - that brings the monthly total to 95.86 km.

I think the cost of the Concept 2D is really paying off! It's getting a lot easier to row hard without breathing hard. HR is up & I'm sweating, but the perceived effort is pretty low - especially since I'm usually watching TV while I row lol!

I am still at it ... with Model E whether for 15 or 30 minutes almost every day. Had the second covid vaccine and that left me fatigued for a couple of days.

New month. Starting the beginner Pete plan tomorrow.

Got my 5k in this morning. Interested to track my improvement with this plan.

New month. Starting the beginner Pete plan tomorrow.

Looks interesting, I'll have to check his stuff out.
In the meantime I'm just rowing. Steady pace, but the pace keeps picking up.

This morning I did 6,274 m in 30 minutes (with some pauses to play with the TV remote, etc.) This is about 25 meters/min faster than a month ago. And the thing I notice most is the perceived effort feels lower. I feel as if I could carry on a conversation with someone at this effort level - but when I pause, I can feel that I'm breathing hard & sweating, so...maybe I'm going harder than I think lol! Time to wear a HR monitor I guess.

Looks interesting, I'll have to check his stuff out.
In the meantime I'm just rowing. Steady pace, but the pace keeps picking up.

This morning I did 6,274 m in 30 minutes (with some pauses to play with the TV remote, etc.) This is about 25 meters/min faster than a month ago. And the thing I notice most is the perceived effort feels lower. I feel as if I could carry on a conversation with someone at this effort level - but when I pause, I can feel that I'm breathing hard & sweating, so...maybe I'm going harder than I think lol! Time to wear a HR monitor I guess.
I'm hoping that the structure of the program keeps me hooked.

Keep up the good work! Improvement and commitment are all that matters.

3 for 3 so far in March. Another early morning 5k

Back