Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Title tells it.

What’s your indoor practice setup? Could be putting, full swing, chipping, sim, Net, whatever.

I figure as it looks more and more like we will be closing more and more courses in this pandemic this might be something on the minds of many!

All I have for indoor is a cheap putting mat. I don’t have a place to set up anything else inside due to ceiling heights. If worst comes to worst, I will hit balls in the backyard either into a hitting net I own or just hit them in the woods and go pick them up. Honestly though, even if the courses near me close, I will probably just drive to the one 5 minutes down the street and walk with a push cart.

• Staff
After a massive garage cleaning this past week I moved on my order of a standard True Strike golf mat and a Net Return hitting net. Will be perfect for me to start being able to get some data at home for reviews.

Also have a Tour Links green indoors and will be putting my PuttOut green in the garage as well now.

I have the Putt Out putting mat with the Pressure Putt trainer. So glad I got it this past Christmas. I would have used it any other winter, but not as much as I have been this year, and now into the spring. Really happy to be able to take some time and roll a golf ball right now.

In garage I have a hitting cage with an impact screen. 8'x8'x5' i think (maybe 10'x10'x5') I have enough space for irons and wedges. Fairways I can hit but starts feeling cramped. Driver I cant swing due to a support cross beam in the garage.

I have a stance mat and 2 hitting strips.

I have a GC2 but honestly dont use it as much as I thought I would since I dont have FSX or a Projector yet.

I also have a well putt putting mat and a putt out.

I want to get fsx and a projector for sim golf. While the courses are still open in the area my wife has said I'm not playing anymore.

I just have that cheap 9 foot Putt-A-Bout par 3 matt. Does the job in upstairs hallway.

Nothing inside for me either other than a 48' long run where I can carpet putt or chip foam balls. The only tall ceiling is in the living room so unless the virus takes my wife that ain't happening. I do have a big backyard to work on pitch shots and I used to hit the occasional full shot from it out into the woods. The issue with that is that they have to clear my boat garage and then also carry my neighbor's out building. I bladed a nine iron right through the wall of my boat garage a couple years ago so I don't try it anymore. I do have an SC200 monitor so maybe I'd buy a net for the yard? I'd just hate losing the feedback from watching the shots fly though.

Last edited:
Title tells it.

What’s your indoor practice setup? Could be putting, full swing, chipping, sim, Net, whatever.

I figure as it looks more and more like we will be closing more and more courses in this pandemic this might be something on the minds of many!
Lots of eight foot putts from my putting mat

No indoor setup... yet. But I do have a pitching area set up off my patio with a mat, and 3 distance targets set up.

A 15’6” x 5’9” indoor putting green. The left side of it is raised for breaking putts and I spend at least an hour a day on it during the winter months. I had access to two indoor simulators at our club and was using them 3-4 days a week until COVID 19 shut them down.

2421BD26-08D1-4168-9564-25F56A2F718E.jpeg

Just swingin the Orange Whip in the garage. Have a putter next to my office desk and occassionally get up to roll a couple of balls across the rug.It adds a bit of fun to a tedious routine.

A 15’6” x 5’9” indoor putting green. The left side of it is raised for breaking putts and I spend at least an hour a day on it during the winter months. I had access to two indoor simulators at our club and was using them 3-4 days a week until COVID 19 shut them down.

View attachment 8933425
Very sweet setup tahoebum.

I have a basket full of foam balls, the distance in the living room is perfect for chipping. My High schooler has been setting up different locations to chip to as practice. Sometimes the dogs laying in the middle of the floor provide a good "obstacle" to chip over :oops:. They're so used to it, they don't even flinch. (PSA: No animals were harmed in the process of chipping practice :LOL:)

Last edited:
In my shop I have a small variety of clubs, gobs of balls, practice net, laptop, 65" big screen TV for youtube and maybe future simulator, SC 300 launch monitor, large mirror, range mat, and putting area. It works out great and has really helped my game.

I don't have one, but I live on my course so if it ain't snowing or pouring rain I can practice whatever I want anytime.

I have a cheap putting mat that lets me do 8 foot putts.

Went with the cheapest SkyTrak setup I could build that wouldn’t destroy my wrists. Rukket net and CCE mat. Old laptop with nothing except SkyTrak and TGC 2019 software
2123D8D6-F479-4896-9955-7F9C5BC8120F.jpeg

Have one of these for putting
1585053414117.jpeg

Nothing inside. I have a Rukket net and a cheap 4x6 mat outside to work on my swing. Trying to find a decent phone tripod so I can video my swing and make adjustments. If I want to see ball flight I have about 100-125yds of open space to the hill behind the house so I can get a decent idea of what irons and wedges are gonna do

For now, just an 8x2 birdie ball putting green. It’s not my favorite but it does the trick for the time being.

30$ Amazon special putting surface.

Been staring at the perfect practice or putt out mats all week.

Don't mind the mess of my garage but I went with a Rukket mat and hitting pad, a Skytrak unit and either hook it up to my laptop when I'm using the driving range feature of the TV when I'm playing a WGT round. I need my setup to be easily portable so I can bring my vehicles back in. Sometime soon I planned on building a better hitting mat that's portable also.

23D78127-CAFE-4AF6-94EF-7A534418539A.jpeg
View attachment trim.24A0987D-A00B-46F6-96F5-10B0D9009802.MOV

I just have a well putt mat. It gets it done.

I don't have one now and wish I did, but I don't think I'll hurry to buy something now to have during the interim, I'll just wait and hope that my home course stays open, the golf course at least!

I need a skytrak a net and a mat asap!

I have an old optishot somewhere around the house, guess I'll need to set it back up...

Back