Indoor Setups: What’s Yours?

Nice! Lots of potential there. Get after it!
Unfortunately the weather has kept that long grass wet. Doesn’t cut as well but it looks like the next couple days are bringing opportunities. ;)

Ya'll are going to make me spend money...My next door neighbor has a SkyTrak based sim bay, but...social distancing. I have a 3 car tandem garage as well, but my intended sim space has been filled with snowblowers and bicycles. Go figure.

What are the go to putting mats here in different price ranges? Maybe I should do a search... :D

I was looking at these as they seem to have a good variety of indoor, outdoor and indoor/outdoor mats.

Those look good as well

My TrueStrike mat shipped (y)💪

That looks yummy. Pricey but it looks like it would be a great setup.
Went with it because I don't want to end up with golfers elbow on a cheap mat.

Went with it because I don't want to end up with golfers elbow on a cheap mat.

That's exactly what I am concerned about. What size did you go with?

That's exactly what I am concerned about. What size did you go with?
Went with the single.

Pricey, but, the reality is I'll now be able to do my data collection fro reviews at home and I'm SO excited about that, so its worth it.

I had hoped to have a Perfect Putt Putting mat for this downtime before the season.... sadly an Instagram scam ended up with me without a mat.
My old setup is still in the garage in the cold, mainly because it sucks.

I've been using a cheap $5 putting cup on the carpet floor, while also trying to teach the 2 year old how to putt.

I for the life of me cannot get the pressure putt down!

Potty Putter Toilet Time Golf Game

Optishot 2 and a cheap home setup. It’s ok. Optishot accurate sometimes. A pain to set up, still don’t have it right. Driver always a slice, real life straight. Everything outside in. It’s kinda fun but wouldn’t do it again. Let’s me practice but don’t count on accuracy.
5B7E88B2-8FB0-412A-A1CA-24FA9DD9AF76.jpeg

I for the life of me cannot get the pressure putt down!

I struggled with it as well. So I went and bought an Odyssey Triple Track Ten. I’m much better at it now! :LOL:

I have this, it's nice, but the grass makes the ball sit up almost like a tee. Picture a ball sitting on a broom for grass or a lot of those "brush tees"
That's a bummer. But its from costco so if it really doesn't work well for me I'll take it back. I don't abuse their return policy but do like that they have it.

Foresight GC2/HMT, JNPG or FSX2018, not missing golf here :p
0327201243.jpg

Old picture, small changes since taken, but basically the same. Unfinished walk-in attic space, enclosed in plastic. SkyTrak and Fiberbuilt. Gets the job done. Plans to eventually get it finished into an actual room with walls and insulation etc. but it's way down on the priority list.

20181012_134007.jpg

Last edited:
Went with the single.

Pricey, but, the reality is I'll now be able to do my data collection fro reviews at home and I'm SO excited about that, so its worth it.

Couldn't go mega fancy like someone we know :D but I ended up getting one of these. Also ordered one of their clearance strips of a different type and I plan putting them both on a custom sized plywood base so I can have a couple of different textures to hit from depending on what shots I am trying to practice.

The Fiberbilt Flight Deck is a good option to have a quality hitting surface for not a lot of money. You'll need a stance mat though. If you have farm / fleet type stores around horse mats (yes, you read that correct they are heavy duty rubber suitable for a horse to stand on) work very nicely.

My setup is not that great, but works very well for hitting foam balls and birdie balls. I can hit real golf balls, but the possibility of it getting around the cage and damaging the garage has gotten in my head and I'm spooked. Foam balls it is.

2x horse mats with an Emerald hitting mat on top are almost the exact same height as the Flight Deck.

20191105_171456 by dthrog00, on Flickr

Dave

Seeing as we can't get out, the PuttOut mat has been rolled out this morning for a bit of practice

20200328_112917.jpg

Back