Indoor Setups: What’s Yours?

My 9.5’x13’ indoor green at our “up north” cabin complete with the flagstick from my 2nd hole in one.

9FB256A7-7F06-4429-AEC9-61F40FFC89FA.jpeg

Last edited:
What clearance mat did you go with? Look forward to hearing your feedback as I was looking at those mats recently. Is that the rubber backed or urethane backed perfect reaction?

The rubber backed for both the Perfect Reaction ( 3'x5' ) and the Fairway Mat ( 11.75" x 46.5" ). I plan on using the 2 open sections for ball holders. The Perfect reaction is much firmer like a tie cut fairway and the Fairway mat is bit more shaggy like a first cut off hte fairway. Ball sinks in maybe a 1/4" deeper.

Will give some impressions when I hit off of both later.

yeah, you just made a whole lot of THPers jealous. Damn fine setup. I like that you even have the holes

We finished building the home two years ago and it was fun to plan - my wife thought I was crazy but having known my golf fanaticism since we dated in high school, she knew I wasn’t going to give up on having a putting green in our dream retirement home. The holes are metal and regulation depth set into the concrete so they make a nice sound. My college son and his buddies like to play drinking games on the putting green along with beer pong so it actually get used often! I just ordered some kiln dried silica sand to speed up the Stimp up hopefully to about a 10-11 and make it putt even better. I won’t tell her and see if she notices, lol.

Mock up of my new hitting mat setup is done. Have to do some painting and attaching and she'll be ready to go. Darker strip has a little more give and is more like a light rough hit. Lighter/larger is more tight fairway style and will accept a standard tee for driver. I set it up so I can hit off it in either direction. Driver/ fairway wood practice will be done with the trays to the back side of swing ( ball coming at the camera ) and irons can go either the same way or rotate 90 degrees and have the trays in front of me ( ball going to the left of the picture ). It will be a single unit all on 3/8" plywood that I can hang on a wall in my garage or shed when not in use.

20200402_221431.jpg

Old picture, small changes since taken, but basically the same. Unfinished walk-in attic space, enclosed in plastic. SkyTrak and Fiberbuilt. Gets the job done. Plans to eventually get it finished into an actual room with walls and insulation etc. but it's way down on the priority list.

View attachment 8934024
I have almost the same set-up, but in the backyard. Just purchased a Skytrak and Fiberbuilt mat. My cage is arriving on Sunday and ordering a laptop stand.

My putting green is in the top lefthand corner.

If anybody is going to invest in a launch monitor, mat, and cage of some sort. Act quickly, because they are not essential business. Took me 2 weeks to finally get a 10x10x10 cage ordered with tracking #.
4245CD27-32A3-40CD-B273-59F810EBB961.jpeg

Last edited:
I hit 253 golf balls yesterday.

Im sore as hell.

I love this. Time to bust out the camera again today though....

I hit 253 golf balls yesterday.

Im sore as hell.

I love this. Time to bust out the camera again today though....

Let me know if you find a way to stream from camera to PC or TV, thats on my to-do this weekend. Was going to put together a PowerPoint on why we needed a barn-sized shed with a full sim, but wife shut that down in the initial planning stages.

Let me know if you find a way to stream from camera to PC or TV, thats on my to-do this weekend. Was going to put together a PowerPoint on why we needed a barn-sized shed with a full sim, but wife shut that down in the initial planning stages.
Hahahaha, that ppt would have been epic!

If you don’t mind me asking what did that cost you total for both. ?

also does that net tear down easily ?
Too much. ;)

Ordered through pro putt systems, package is up on their site. Worth the cost to me though because it’s not only year round but for my writing job it will be a blessing.

It’s pipe that pops apart, easy to break down, but 20 pieces.

Too much. ;)

Ordered through pro putt systems, package is up on their site. Worth the cost to me though because it’s not only year round but for my writing job it will be a blessing.

It’s pipe that pops apart, easy to break down, but 20 pieces.
Ok thanks

I added my PuttOut and PuttOut May and mirror in the garage with the Tour Strike and Net Return setup.

WHY did I wait so long to do this? I can now hit as many golf balls as I want without my wife getting mad at me for having to go to the course to get review work done!

I added my PuttOut and PuttOut May and mirror in the garage with the Tour Strike and Net Return setup.

WHY did I wait so long to do this? I can now hit as many golf balls as I want without my wife getting mad at me for having to go to the course to get review work done!
Does the Net Return work as advertised? It's the perfect size for my needs...that price tag though

Does the Net Return work as advertised? It's the perfect size for my needs...that price tag though
100%. I didn’t get the mat with it that serves as almost a path for the return, but 80% of my shots end up right back on my raised platform mat and I just have to stick a foot out to stop it.

I’ve been surprised it actually works that regard. And it’s sturdy.

Ok thanks
Making something like that is an investment for sure but the parts are surprisingly durable and the mats don’t really wear out quickly, so there isn’t much capital required after buying. Just new golf balls for when you wear them out or crack them.

Making something like that is an investment for sure but the parts are surprisingly durable and the mats don’t really wear out quickly, so there isn’t much capital required after buying. Just new golf balls for when you wear them out or crack them.

I get it.

For me though I just can’t see beating balls into a net if I can’t see the flight at least on a monitor and I just don’t have the funding for something like that. My worry is I’d develop some bad swing habit and just engrain it over and over again hitting into a net.

Once things get back to normal the range will open again. in the meantime I’ll just beat my foam balls in the yard and chip and pitch real balls.

So I'm keeping an eye on LM's, SkyTrak included. Am I crazy, or are they selling used in eBay for way more than the cost of new? They're around $2k right? Seeing just the base unit going for up to $3k right now used. I suppose everyone and their mother's are looking to set up at home hitting area.

So I'm keeping an eye on LM's, SkyTrak included. Am I crazy, or are they selling used in eBay for way more than the cost of new? They're around $2k right? Seeing just the base unit going for up to $3k right now used. I suppose everyone and their mother's are looking to set up at home hitting area.

Wow! Looks like units direct from SkyTrak are on back order until 5/1. I guess people just can’t wait.

Just ordered this matt in 3’ x 5’

C6347D76-6C1B-4CB6-AADC-E7EAAAE8BD1D.png

Spent far too long getting my GC2 setup on my indoor stabilized and level, as well as aligning the whole thing to get rid of the constant left miss I’m seeing. Alignment sticks for the save.

Back