Indoor Simulator Build with Skytrak/Gc2

I can't wait to put one of these in my next house. The wife is a golfer too so she's already on board.

My Fiancee is addicted too. We are building a simulator in my outbuilding, as a Christmas present to each other. Can't wait.

I'm guessing you're not married?

No I'm not, lol. I do have a living room already in the basement, and this one was just sitting there, soooo why not make a sim/165" tv

Great job. SkyTrak is on my short list.

I did get mine new, but you can get used or refurbished ones at less than half the price. If you do source a used one I would try get one that has the simulator program "Jnpg" (Jack Nic. perfect golf)already loaded, as you cannot get a new subscription for skytrak as trackman bought jnpg, and only previous subscriptions get grandfathered in. And IMO jnpg is superior in almost every way to The Golf Club (TGC).
Cheers.

Last edited:
The whole thing with JNPG is one reason I haven't already bought one. I don't understand why Trackman wouldn't continue selling it to other users without a Trackman; seems like they're arbitrarily shrinking their customer base.

The whole thing with JNPG is one reason I haven't already bought one. I don't understand why Trackman wouldn't continue selling it to other users without a Trackman; seems like they're arbitrarily shrinking their customer base.
Ya its just skytrak I believe as well. You can get it for gc2 or anything foresight still. Doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Ya its just skytrak I believe as well. You can get it for gc2 or anything foresight still. Doesn't make sense to me.

You can still get it with the gc2. You can buy a used Skytrak and transfer ownership on JNPG.

Looking forward to seeing you on the tour Shifty.

a5571777299a86729360ec79faec7b90.jpg

You can still get it with the gc2. You can buy a used Skytrak and transfer ownership on JNPG.

Looking forward to seeing you on the tour Shifty.

a5571777299a86729360ec79faec7b90.jpg
Hopefully by this weekend. Hopefully. Nice set up btw!

Just bought a used touchscreen monitor. Was cheap so I possibly could upgrade in the future, but will see how it works. This will save a lot of time, and hopefully be very convenient.
00e4795cea8d9dd380c076e25a8e9bba.jpg

Set up my computer and xbox in corner of the room, and set up my fibrebuilt mat. Getting there. The chair behind the mat has to be moved when shooting. That's where I am planning to put 2 comfy theatre chairs with fold up seat and arms.

1bed3fe2a8f28efb8a1954eb09bb276a.jpg
6e69866b480bb6fe1a1bfe0503fdf90b.jpg

Just a test to make sure skytrak app works

Wash my logo balls (helps for reading the ball on the skytrak)

Should be able to play a fun round to test after work today.
5fd4acf772009044de017d6b90283e85.jpg
80a1631af50d6f11375df3137727916a.jpg

Awesome Shifty! Loving the progress updates.

Installed a trolley so I can putt off the forward Mat and hit off the back one. Fibrebuilt mat is great but hard to putt off of thus the trolley. Until I think of a better Way.
fbfcf59b4e56458be97778ac4dacde43.jpg

This is so sweet. Would love to see a video of you playing an entire hole with the putting and everything! Thanks for the updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man this is so awesome! My wife would laugh me out of the house if I tried it in our current house but one day...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I've joined the Ogt "online golf tour" on Jack Nicholas Perfect golf, so videos will be coming.
This is so sweet. Would love to see a video of you playing an entire hole with the putting and everything! Thanks for the updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got my touch screen monitor. Will install tonight. So much easier for the sim than using keyboard and mouse!
6623586e691b45c8695e2c6649c6511f.jpg

If I lived in Canada no question I would have one of these.........no question at all.

Looks awesome SHIFTY......have fun with it

Man. I heard someone won the lottery, didn't realize it was a THPer!

Seriously though, thats awesome! Enjoy it enough for all of us!

Looks great Shifty.

I will definitely my own simulator one day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If I lived in Canada no question I would have one of these.........no question at all.

Looks awesome SHIFTY......have fun with it

Ya, I love golf so much it came down to, either build this, or move somewhere I could golf 12 months of the year. I have a great job, with people that are my friends not just co-workers, so hard to leave a place like that. So had to build this to keep my golf addiction going, lol.

Ya, I love golf so much it came down to, either build this, or move somewhere I could golf 12 months of the year. I have a great job, with people that are my friends not just co-workers, so hard to leave a place like that. So had to build this to keep my golf addiction going, lol.

Oh no doubt......totally on board with that.

Know it doesn't look the best but have blankets up temporarily, as my mother is making me the side curtains and top baffles for Xmas . Don't want broken windows, lol.
Probably won't see those for a month, and need something to protect from bad shots.
7528ae3b917749fb08ab5d38c0222339.jpg
49295417685c8f127c87de918cf39c1d.jpg
ac76b4b288c0cd28fa3597737de06833.jpg

Those moving blankets will do a nice job. I am looking forward to seeing your feedback after you play it a bit.

My buddy got his hands on an old golf simulator. I can't remember the brand but it's 20 years old or so. It is a complete package with the screen that you hit in to and the sides, he has it in a big heated Building. He is looking to upgrade the computer and monitor. What do you recommend He get?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is awesome! I really want to do this, but have no ceiling height anywhere. Even my garage is a 9' ceiling. So I guess if I ever want to do it, I'm going to have to put an addition to my back garage.

Back