Inesis Golf Shoes

Thrillbilly Jim

Raised On Hose Water And Neglect
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
Has anyone ever worn Inesis golf shoes before? I have never heard of them before today. Another forum put them on their "Most Wanted" list. They were ranked 1st in every category except looks. They aren't the prettiest girl at the dance. But, at $80 a pair, they seem like a great bargain.
https://www.decathlon.com/collections/golf

I was wondering the same thing. I ordered a pair to try today. I feel like you, they seem like a bargain and they don’t look bad to me at all in the pictures online. And they offer free shipping and no taxes since I’m not in Ca.

I went with the white/blue.

ad6b67dd-b436-4b51-9fa8-e83b48dfb89d_large.jpg

Let me know your thoughts! I'm really interested in a spikeless shoe. FJ, Adidas, and Puma was what I was interested in. Might have a new horse in the race!

I’ll definitely follow up. It seems like that list made the shoes popular and/or Decathlon doesn’t carry many of each size. This morning when I ordered pretty much every color/size was in stock. Now the majority are out of stock.

My favorite spikeless so far are the Under Armour Performance SL. My second choice is the Footjoy Pro SL. I have wide, flat feet (size 13) and I’m a larger guy at 250 pounds (give or take). The soft mesh style spikeless shoes that some brands offer are terrible for me. They offer no real support and little traction for my foot build and body weight.

Never heard of them, and probably won't try them as they're not appealing to me. I'd rather wait and get shoes I like on sale for $80

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Never heard of them, and probably won't try them as they're not appealing to me. I'd rather wait and get shoes I like on sale for $80

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Understand that completely. The review makes these seem amazing!

Has anyone ever worn Inesis golf shoes before? I have never heard of them before today. Another forum put them on their "Most Wanted" list. They were ranked 1st in every category except looks. They aren't the prettiest girl at the dance. But, at $80 a pair, they seem like a great bargain.
https://www.decathlon.com/collections/golf

Lol I read that yesterday too!! These intrigued me but when I checked out the website they seemed cheap to me ..... I ended up ordering the Athalonz shoes on that most wanted list

Learn something new every day. I know of Decathlon. They are a sporting goods chain based in Europe. Clearly this is their house brand. I think they have stores in the Boston area.Shoes ook pretty good.The midsole is very similar to one used by New Balance on their running shoe line. Keep us in the loop once you wear them. You will be ta trend setter!!!

I like the color options and that spike pattern is interesting!
c0a36253-8636-44e6-abc0-89ee5d0a941a_1024x1024.jpg
606a9044-589c-44ed-ab1f-9583858cb965_1024x1024.jpg
560eff39-68b3-441f-aab8-eb4756d0d89d_1024x1024.jpg

Had I not just bought new spikeless shoes (that also placed highly on MGS' ratings) I would be all over these. The look is decent, and I rather like the way the grip is laid out.

I like the color options and that spike pattern is interesting!

The model in your pictures scored lower in the stability and elements sections. It was lower in the comfort, but only slightly (a 1st vs a 2nd). The elements make sense since it's not a waterproof shoe. However, the stability has me a little concerned because of the mesh material. But the lower surrounding material looks more stable than an all knit shoe upper. So I might be willing to give that model a shot if the others work out well for me.

The spike pattern is interesting to me as well. I know it got great reviews for traction (in both models), but there are a lot less nubs than on my UA Performance SL and Footjoy Pro SL shoes. Both of those make/models have nubs covering essentially the entire sole. The Inesis models are patterned more like a spiked shoe (only with nubs where the spikes would be).

As for the colors, they aren't ugly to me, but they could be better. I'm not big on neon colors. But it's used sparingly enough that it's not off putting, at least to me. Maybe if the sales of these take off we will see some additional options.

ETA - they also offer a super cheap $20 pair that may be good for a quick 9 in the cart or range days, but it's only in sizes 7.5-12:

https://www.decathlon.com/collectio...ens-golf-shoes-spikeless-100?variantid=$20.00
f56c30082a1f4c59b57bcff45505ec5f_1024x1024.jpg

I really like the grey colorway. Its pretty nice. Hmmm.

Mine are out for delivery today. I'm thinking I should have ordered more than one pair because my size in the other colors are still out of stock. I'm curious as to how long it will take to restock since they were probably caught off guard with a surge in sales thanks to the award. I think I want the black/gray version or the dark navy (black?).

Hmm, those are definitely different. Not bad looking, but not great either to my personal eye. Looking forward to the thoughts.

Hmm, those are definitely different. Not bad looking, but not great either to my personal eye. Looking forward to the thoughts.

I’m with you, but thought for the price they were worth a try.

The looks of the Waterproof Grip model sort of remind me of much of the Sketchers golf shoes. The Dry Grip knit model reminds me of some of the Puma golf shoes.

I've had Decathlon walking shoes before (Quechua brand) and they were excellent, and very reasonable. I'll be trying to get a look at these for sure.

The shoes were on my doorstep when I got home yesterday. I guess part of why they can save some money is the shoes don't come in a marked shoe box. They were just laying inside the box that was used to mail them. They were linked together with a rubber cord like shoes you'd get at Wal-Mart.

My first thoughts looking at the shoes were that the white I ordered are pretty plain looking/bland. They could use a little more color or an accent or two and they'd look much better. The tongue is super thin, which had me concerned for comfort. The tongue is also stitched to the upper of the shoe to help with it's waterproof rating. I prefer tongues that are stitched like that because they don't move around during use. Which I think is important in athletic shoes, even on shoe designs that are not meant to be waterproof/resistant. I asked my 12 year old if they looked like "old man" shoes, and he said no. So I got that going for me, which is nice...He suggested maybe changing out the shoe strings to black or a blue similar to the color on the sole to give it a little more accent/color.

xBluIY1.jpg

EL6rB2c.jpg

1eEgP6B.jpg

I got a size 13. I'm typically either a 13 or 12-12.5 Wide, depending on the brand. Decathlon did not shoe a wide option.

Here they are side by side with my Under Armor Performance SL (size 13), previous model Footjoy Pro SL (size 13), and current model Footjoy Pro SL (size 12 wide). There is also a picture of the tongue thinness/design. The Inesis shoes are almost the exact same size as the UA 13's and FJ 12W (Footjoy runs big).

ogVDwQx.jpg

sOZdwNK.jpg

XXFvhQT.jpg

Here is a side view of the Inesis and the current Pro SL. I think they are pretty identical in shape/design.

zaD3oAK.jpg

I was able to wear them to play a few holes yesterday and then spent two hours on the range with them last night. My first thoughts on wear/comfort were that the soles are probably the softest/squishiest feeling soles I've ever felt in a golf shoe. It's almost a concern to me because they feel similar to some memory foam soles I've had in shoes before that did not hold up well over time. I could also feel the round circle sections of bottom of the shoe. I couldn't actually feel the rubber spikes pushing through on the bottom of my feet, just the outline of the circle the main spikes are within. I guess it is similar to wearing spiked shoes where you can sort of feel the areas where the actual spikes are (at least on some make/model spiked golf shoes). It may also be due to the spike design being fewer and spread out when compared to the other spikeless designs I'm used to.

During use I felt like the upper was secure and kept my foot stable, though no necessarily more than my other make/model golf shoes. The traction was also great, despite having less rubber spikes than my other shoes. I actually like the Inesis design better because the turf/grass falls out of the spikes more easily than my other shoes. I usually have to use a matt to drag my feet on to get most of the turf out of my other spikeless shoes, and it came out of the Inesis on its own while walking back to my car after leaving the range.

So after my first day of use, I think the award/ranking for these shoes was spot on. If they hold up comparably to my other make/model shoes they are definitely a value.

I also reached out to Decathlon as was advised that the white shoe be restocked in the next week or two and the other colors are expected to be restocked some time in June. If these shoes are still holding strong by then I will order the black/gray color as well.

4a0254ce-46dd-4d56-8b80-cc7d1db8923e_1024x1024.jpg

Anymore thoughts on these yet?

A suggestion from a guy who has spent over 25 years as a rep in the running shoe business. Take the factory insoles out and find a good replacement insole. Implus, Spenco, Pwer Step and others all make insoles that will help you not only with comfort but with your gait cycle as you wear these for 18 holes.

Anymore thoughts on these yet?

I’m still really enjoying them. I usually rotate out my shoes from day to day to keep them dry and fresh on the inside. But I’ve been wearing these daily to see how they hold up over time.

If they hold up over time I think they will live up to the award of best value in a golf shoe. The next closest thing would be a previous season shoe on sale/clearance.

I plan on wearing them most days between now and whenever the restock happens. If everything is good then I still see myself buying the black/gray version. Possibly even the dry grip model in either blue or gray.

Two weeks into wearing these almost exclusively when I golf and I'm still enjoying them. I still think the sole/insert is very comfortable and soft, but probably too thin because I don't like how I can feel the pressure from the "spike" areas on the sole. It's not an issue since I typically ride when I play, but walkers may have something to complain about there.

I've check the site and if the white were restocked, they still don't have all of the sizes. It looks like some sizes are in stock there weren't for a while though. I'm still planning on purchasing the black when available.

I guess this is a pretty big company and international as I bought some golf balls in Brasil a couple of years ago and this was the brand name. At the time I thought they were just some kind of knock off but they were actually a good ball and cheap. I think I still have a bag of them around here somewhere.

I’m still liking the Waterproof Grip version of these. I was actually wearing them on the course this afternoon when the notification came through that some of the sizes/colors were back in stock. So I went ahead and ordered the black pair. They must have only received 1 size 13 in black because that size shows out of stock again (at least at the moment). Hopefully I will have my second pair by late next week.

My black pair came in. They are still more white than any other color, but they look decent.

h6Ick74.jpg

LQ8mwMw.jpg

w9DLN8y.jpg

@-CRW- How have these shoes held up over the season?

Back