Injuries on the golf course?

Took a ball in the shoulder blade from someone that apparently didn’t know how to scream “FORE.” Not a serious injury, but hurt like hell and my shoulder blade was black and blue for a week. Suffice it to say, it was not a fun round from then on.

I was playing with my usual foursome a few weeks ago. 2nd Tee, one player preparing to hit. I'm walking across the far back of the tee box, checking yardage with my Arccos app on my phone. Another player (unbeknownst to me), was practicing his swing. He's 6'4, 230, and young. Lots of power in his swing. He hit me square in the abdomen with his follow through. Really took the breath out of me. Being a Trauma Nurse, I considered what may be going on inside (ruptured descending aorta, perforated bowel, etc.) I was able to finish the round, albeit a bit sore. I got home, took off my shirt and my wife freaked out. She insisted that I go to the ER, reminding me that I'm on blood thinners (oops, forgot about that). Carried a very nasty bruise for a few weeks. On the "up" side, I was thankful that he hit me in the abdomen and not a rib or my face.

Back