Insperity Championship---Special Event

Jank

I'm just a golfer, I suppose.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
http://www.pgatour.com/2012/tournaments/s615/04/11/GreatsCompetition/index.html

This event is going on after the last players tee off at the Insperity on May 5. Very cool event, I think it'd be awesome to see pros/legends play a scramble. And you can't beat the free entry

Spoiler
THE WOODLANDS, Texas (April 11) -- Insperity Championship patrons will have a rare and perhaps final opportunity to see Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Lee Trevino compete in a special competition Saturday afternoon of tournament week at The Woodlands Tournament Course.

The tournament has created a Greats of Golf competition that will include the 'Big Four' along with Don January, Miller Barber, Gene Littler, David Graham and Dave Stockton.
On Saturday, May 5, this powerful and entertaining group of the game's greatest players will tee off following the last tee time of the official competition. These nine players will play in threesomes and will play an 18-hole scramble format.
"We wanted to do something special for the fans this year and when these gentlemen agreed to participate in this relaxed but competitive format we were ecstatic and so were the players," said Executive Director Bryan Naugle. "This is an incredible opportunity that perhaps will never be matched again."
This group includes five World Golf Hall of Fame members, has a combined total of 256 PGA TOUR victories, 46 major championship titles and 141 Champions Tour wins.
The Insperity Championship offers FREE grounds only admission tickets courtesy of Insperity, The Woodlands Development Company, Woodforest National Bank and HP. The grounds ticket also includes free parking and shuttle service.
For updated information on all aspects of the Insperity Championship, fans are encouraged to visit www.insperitychampionship.com.

Lock if posted

Back