Interesting article about Sand Hollow Golf Resort

oumagic

‘24 NFL Experience at Ballyhack
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.2
This was the article about Sand Hollow that made me really want to be picked for the Morgan Cup. I wanted to play in a Morgan Cup since I first joined and read the recaps, but the course is what really moved the needle for me prior to this signup. The article mostly focuses on the scenic back nine and includes some beautiful photography.

I know that there have been some THP’ers that have played here and there are some older course reviews in the forums that I also read after this one. But I just wanted to share this article. Check it out and if possible, view the pictures on something bigger than your phone.

Here is a picture from the article; it is a pic from their nine hole links course. Photo credited to Brian Oar
F5A6C024-C48C-42FA-A637-11BF38FB92B8.jpeg

Beautiful area. I like seeing golf articles with geology information. I very much appreciate the design approach. Course looks fantastic. And those large very much not flat greens! This will be a great experience to follow.

I have never played their links course. I need to fix that.

I’m really biased toward Sand Hollow, as it was the first course I played in the area, and it’s tough to top. The stretch of holes on the back 9, starting at 11 is simply amazing. The good news is that I get to go back in a few weeks!

I’ve heard nothing but good things about that course. Going to play it this year with some really good people. Can’t wait.

I am very excited to play there. Thanks for the article.

Thanks for posting. I'm sure I'll probably read the article a couple hundred times before heading to Utah in May.

To say I am a bit more nervous to play here would be an understatement :LOL::LOL:

I too read this article, and some of the pictures they included were stunning. You would have to keep telling me to hit my shot, because I think I could get lost in the beauty of the landscape a time or 10. Can't wait to see all the pictures from the Morgan Cup participants!

Sand Hollow is fantastic........BUT.....If you are going.....Get the RZR and cruise the dunes....It's insane

That place looks amazing. Seems like my golf bucket list keeps getting longer rather than shorter.

I can't get enough of looking at this course. The contrast from the red rocks/dirt to the lush green is stunning!

I can't get enough of looking at this course. The contrast from the red rocks/dirt to the lush green is stunning!
Sand Hollow is fabulous....but in Mesquite...Wolf Creek is Sand Hollow on steroids.

This will be an awesome follow, 'great Choice on the Venue @JB

Sand Hollow is fabulous....but in Mesquite...Wolf Creek is Sand Hollow on steroids.
We may bee looking to play a round in Mesquite the day before the event. Is this course open to the public and somewhat affordable?

I looked it up and it looks fantastic!

Stunning view.

We may bee looking to play a round in Mesquite the day before the event. Is this course open to the public and somewhat affordable?

Wolf Creek is a little pricey. But if you get a deal it can be doable. Here is the posted prices from their website:
May 11 - May 17, 2020
Rack $175 / Twilight $140*

Just to be clear....Sand Hollow as a golf course is probably a little better than Wolf Creek.....But Wolf Creek is absolutely unique and the landscape is unearthly....I refer to it as playing golf on Mars....Ha

What a beautiful place. We may need to rethink any drinking on course. LOL!!!

Thanks for the link to the article. That back nine is something special. I can't wait to see it person.

man, the slope of the fairways and greens is nutty! Now I really want to take a trip up there!

Pictures were outstanding.

Review was a great read.

This is why desert golf is my favorite golf.

Pictures were outstanding.

Review was a great read.

This is why desert golf is my favorite golf.
Other than looking for balls in the desert and sage or off cliffs it's awesome!! ;)

Well you're not supposed to go there. Desert golf makes it's so much easier, only hit to the literal green areas.
If I could do that, I wouldn't be called an amateur. Well....I probably still would but my handicap would be lower.:p

This course looks amazing and would be so much fun to play. Looking forward to the following and seeing all the pictures.

I've playes Sand Hollow a couple of times and was very impressed with the course. Would love love love to go back.

Back