Interesting Golf Cart Stat

Papatortuga

Reaction score
Handicap
I saw this picture today on Twitter and I thought it was really interesting. It outlines the paths driven by golf carts one day at a course. I wonder how many miles total were driven. I knew courses took a beating but this kind of shocking to me

F5626B50-1BE9-43BC-BBC1-1BDC77BF51E3.png

That looks way less shocking than I thought it would. People stayed off the par 3's and greens at least.

Should have thrown some blood red in that picture for effect or something. It's too tame.

That's because people play army golf.

I find it hilarious when I'm standing on the fairway, look behind me and see a squad of golf carts rolling along. Course I played yesterday had a 5some behind me with 5 carts. It was quite the scene.

There were 6 carts in the 9some we played through today, and I feel like that group alone could color in the course chart.

Looks like everyone is taking the scenic route. :ROFLMAO:

Really puts things into perspective! Nice to see people kept off the greens at least!

I find it hilarious when I'm standing on the fairway, look behind me and see a squad of golf carts rolling along. Course I played yesterday had a 5some behind me with 5 carts. It was quite the scene.
In general I would say that's ridiculous - but is the course enforcing any kind of social distancing at this point? one per cart? I never ride solo unless I go play solo...and when I do that, I'll often just rent a pull cart and walk.

In general I would say that's ridiculous - but is the course enforcing any kind of social distancing at this point? one per cart? I never ride solo unless I go play solo...and when I do that, I'll often just rent a pull cart and walk.

Yep, only solo carts at all courses around me right now. Although I have seen people try to game the system by paying for one cart and one walker, waiting until they get to about hole 3, then the walker hops in the cart - courses are charging at least $20 per cart.

Why are there so many carts directly surrounding the greens? Do we assume that’s ADA carts?

I’m pretty sure the blue line is the path of one cart. You can definitely tell when they were looking for their balls a few times with the circles they made haha. What was crazy to me was that there were spots on the course that were completely filled in yellow

Judging the proximity of the houses to come of the cart lines, they better have some shatter proof windows or have The Window Guys on speed dial.

Those couple holes would terrify me from the tee box unless there was some screen up protecting the houses.

The other thing that pops is most of the FW’s are almost fully colored in. Must be better golfers than me. I’d help color some. Some as I was crossing back over. Some, the wrong ones. Maybe a couple that are geographically correct.

Back