intergrity. i always thought there was more of it amongst golfers.

meanie

Reaction score
Handicap
A bit of venting.....I have found many lost or dropped clubs or head covers or things around courses in my time. every time I check with the group in front on me to see if it Is theirs or I turn it in to the club house. I have left wedges next to greens and had them returned to me as well. there has always been a high level of integrity at the course.....

I bought a new Cobra Fly Z+ the first week of January. I had wrist surgery on January 7th and never got to swing it. I am now to the point that I can. I went to the range today and was felling pretty good. Then suddenly CRACK!!! I broke the dang thing right where the adapter and shaft meet. That sucked. I put the head in the head cover and sat in on top of my bag. hit my remaining balls(not well, a depression fueled swing is no good) and left. got to my car and my head cover and head were gone. must have dropped them. walked back to where I had been hitting and the same guys were there. none had left, no new guys showed up. asked about it and got the "we haven't seen anything" response. it was a straight 30 second walk to my car. if It dropped I would have seen it when I headed back. its been 4 hours and no one has turned it in to the pro shop. someone now owns a sweet Godzilla head cover and a brand new fly z+ head. that's crap. I can finally swing, have a golf trip at the end of April and have no driver because someone just can't be an honest person. the worst part is that after paying for surgery and my trip in April I cannot afford to replace it. I guess I'm one of those hybrid off the tee kind of guys now.

Some people are awful.

Has anyone else had any crappy stories like this?

That really sucks and shame on the low life that swiped it. I would not dream of not turning in something found and have found some sweet stuff over the years. Fortunately, I have not experienced losing anything like this.

I think I would have raised a bigger stink on the range. If I was positive that I didn't place it somewhere and forgotten about it, I would have been more forceful.

People suck. On the off chance did you check the bottom of your bag if the openings are big enough for it to fall to the bottom?

A bit of venting.....I have found many lost or dropped clubs or head covers or things around courses in my time. every time I check with the group in front on me to see if it Is theirs or I turn it in to the club house. I have left wedges next to greens and had them returned to me as well. there has always been a high level of integrity at the course.....

I bought a new Cobra Fly Z+ the first week of January. I had wrist surgery on January 7th and never got to swing it. I am now to the point that I can. I went to the range today and was felling pretty good. Then suddenly CRACK!!! I broke the dang thing right where the adapter and shaft meet. That sucked. I put the head in the head cover and sat in on top of my bag. hit my remaining balls(not well, a depression fueled swing is no good) and left. got to my car and my head cover and head were gone. must have dropped them. walked back to where I had been hitting and the same guys were there. none had left, no new guys showed up. asked about it and got the "we haven't seen anything" response. it was a straight 30 second walk to my car. if It dropped I would have seen it when I headed back. its been 4 hours and no one has turned it in to the pro shop. someone now owns a sweet Godzilla head cover and a brand new fly z+ head. that's crap. I can finally swing, have a golf trip at the end of April and have no driver because someone just can't be an honest person. the worst part is that after paying for surgery and my trip in April I cannot afford to replace it. I guess I'm one of those hybrid off the tee kind of guys now.

Some people are awful.

Has anyone else had any crappy stories like this?

I have an older driver (Callaway Diablo Edge - R flex stock shaft) that I no longer have any use for. If you can pay shipping (UPS), I'd send it for free. It's not the greatest driver ever made, but maybe better than nothing. If nobody else steps up, you might try it.

I have a taylormade Rocketball driver as well, you are welcomed to it.

It's disappointing to think people would do that. You meet good ones and bad ones every day. Hopefully something good will happen to help you get your attitude amended! You are right though, some people suck!

THP really is a good place with good people. Even though I'm usually on the unpopular side of most rules discussions here, I'm still in good company.:banana:

That is some BS dude. People suck.

I've never had this happen but I have had my clubs stolen from the bag drop at a higher end course and had to plead with he management to replace. Ended up using my insurance to cover my loss.

Did you check to see if it had fallen into your bag? Just asking?

That really blows dude, sorry to hear it. Karma is a b*tch and someone's gonna pay.

That sucks man, hate to hear it. Are you a righty? I have an XHot, but it is 11.5 degree, if you want it, it is yours. Send me a PM and I will send it along.

I had the exact opposite thing happen where I lost my rangefinder at the range. Returned the next day and someone had turned it in! There are still good people out there, just seems to be less of them each day.

I've never had this happen but I have had my clubs stolen from the bag drop at a higher end course and had to plead with he management to replace. Ended up using my insurance to cover my loss.

Did you check to see if it had fallen into your bag? Just asking?
I did. That was my first thought after retracing my steps. I frantically pulled everything out to check. No dice.

Sent from my 9006W using Tapatalk

I did. That was my first thought after retracing my steps. I frantically pulled everything out to check. No dice.

Sent from my 9006W using Tapatalk

Sorry bro. I think I would have looked in some bags, but that's me. I hope some gets their karma.

i have an r1 and an adams xtd with a few different shaft options if you're interested. yours for free, just pay shipping. pm me if you're interested.

I hate to hear that this happened to you. I have a Cobra Amp Cell that is yours if you want it. I have both a regular flex and a stiff flex for it so I could send both.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It really sucks! Karma is a b*tch* ... Hope you find a resolution. If you have a decent set of clubs, you should think about insuring them on your house insurance.

The world is full of scumbags and some of them play golf. Hopefully Karma will drop a bomb on their @ss.........

I have an older driver (Callaway Diablo Edge - R flex stock shaft) that I no longer have any use for. If you can pay shipping (UPS), I'd send it for free. It's not the greatest driver ever made, but maybe better than nothing. If nobody else steps up, you might try it.

That sucks man, hate to hear it. Are you a righty? I have an XHot, but it is 11.5 degree, if you want it, it is yours. Send me a PM and I will send it along.

I had the exact opposite thing happen where I lost my rangefinder at the range. Returned the next day and someone had turned it in! There are still good people out there, just seems to be less of them each day.

i have an r1 and an adams xtd with a few different shaft options if you're interested. yours for free, just pay shipping. pm me if you're interested.

I hate to hear that this happened to you. I have a Cobra Amp Cell that is yours if you want it. I have both a regular flex and a stiff flex for it so I could send both.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

HOLY CATS! you guys are awesome. THP is an amazing place. I may take one of you up on your offers. I was not intending for this to be a "send me your free drivers" thread. Right now i am still in shock about the whole thing and hoping that it will show up in the clubhouse in the next day or so. I will hold out hope that someone threw it in their bag and went and played 9 and then turned it in after i called. I'll check back with the pro shop tomorrow. Thanks for all the offers to help. My faith in good people is not all lost.

Sorry to hear that it disappeared on you. I'm not a big fan of most people either. I don't have anything Cobra, but I have a 9* Big Bertha Alpha with the stiff Fubuki shaft if it would help you out.

Man that it's horrible. If you need a driver send me a message as I have a few laying around.

Again, you guys are awesome. Thanks everyone. Breaking and then losing your brand new driver is awful. I felt like i needed prozac or something.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Again, you guys are awesome. Thanks everyone. Breaking and then losing your brand new driver is awful. I felt like i needed prozac or something.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Send this story/link to cobra snapped shaft dept.
What is your SS I can look through the boxes of shafts I have if you don't have a fit

Last edited:
That is absolutely terrible. Unfortunately not all are honest. There is a twosome that plays at one of my two home courses that everybody knows steals stuff they find on the course - wedges, range finders, putters, head covers, sunglasses. Everyone knows it but when confronted both deny it and say "so speak english." The current management wants to kick them off the course permanently and is just looking to catch them in the act.

That really sucks man. Years ago some lowlife stole my entire bag off the cart at the turn while we were inside getting some snacks. My clubs were probably 2 months old at the time. It's a crappy feeling.

I have an 07 Taylormade Burner 9.5 degree head with a Speeder Tour Spec 569 stiff shaft. You're welcome to it if you need it.

Back