intergrity. i always thought there was more of it amongst golfers.

Bummer. There are always idiots who ruin things for others.

Also amazing to see several people here step up to offer you a spare driver. THP is the real deal.
That is the truth. On both accounts.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

That's an awful story and I'm not sure I would have just walked away without going through their bags. If they have nothing to hide they should have no problem opening some pockets for you. Sometimes it works to just stand there for 5-10 minutes and see if someone tries to quickly leave or start to act all fidgety looking back at you.

That's an awful story and I'm not sure I would have just walked away without going through their bags. If they have nothing to hide they should have no problem opening some pockets for you. Sometimes it works to just stand there for 5-10 minutes and see if someone tries to quickly leave or start to act all fidgety looking back at you.
Trust me, i hung around for a while. I also sat in my car and observed to see if i saw anyone moving it in or outof their bags. My head cover is a giant godzilla. It would be impossible to miss.

They will get theres at some point. Karma will bite them.
I tracked a guy down once who left a wedge on the green fringe, he was 4 holes ahead of us. He was so happy I returned it he wanted to give me $20. I said no because I hope someone would do the same for me. He was waiting when we finished our round, and bought drinks.

A bit of venting.....I have found many lost or dropped clubs or head covers or things around courses in my time. every time I check with the group in front on me to see if it Is theirs or I turn it in to the club house. I have left wedges next to greens and had them returned to me as well. there has always been a high level of integrity at the course.....

I bought a new Cobra Fly Z+ the first week of January. I had wrist surgery on January 7th and never got to swing it. I am now to the point that I can. I went to the range today and was felling pretty good. Then suddenly CRACK!!! I broke the dang thing right where the adapter and shaft meet. That sucked. I put the head in the head cover and sat in on top of my bag. hit my remaining balls(not well, a depression fueled swing is no good) and left. got to my car and my head cover and head were gone. must have dropped them. walked back to where I had been hitting and the same guys were there. none had left, no new guys showed up. asked about it and got the "we haven't seen anything" response. it was a straight 30 second walk to my car. if It dropped I would have seen it when I headed back. its been 4 hours and no one has turned it in to the pro shop. someone now owns a sweet Godzilla head cover and a brand new fly z+ head. that's crap. I can finally swing, have a golf trip at the end of April and have no driver because someone just can't be an honest person. the worst part is that after paying for surgery and my trip in April I cannot afford to replace it. I guess I'm one of those hybrid off the tee kind of guys now.

Some people are awful.

Has anyone else had any crappy stories like this?

I know this won't replace you're driver. But I have a spare right hand Taylor made Sldr In reg flex with a spare stiff flex shaft I can send you. I have no need for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will get theres at some point. Karma will bite them.
I tracked a guy down once who left a wedge on the green fringe, he was 4 holes ahead of us. He was so happy I returned it he wanted to give me $20. I said no because I hope someone would do the same for me. He was waiting when we finished our round, and bought drinks.

I've done the same thing. i find wedges fairly often. i always do my best to track down the owner. if i cant find them on the course i ask everyone at the clubhouse. if i find no takers i immediately turn it in to the pro shop. my consience would kill me if i didnt.

Thats awful. Many good people on here willing to help. Thp is a great community

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sorry for your loss. it is a shame. I've had things like this happen in my life both in golf and non golf related. Its just mean and sad really. I hope it turns up. there is a lot of bad out there like in the song "wild world" but also a lot of good like in "what a wonderful world" and much like those here that have offered to help you with a driver. That is so very awesome. But its still frustrating and quite unfair if someone stole yours regardless. I do hope they get there due one day and soon.

Great to see the generosity here. I will throw my TM Jetspeed 9.5 stiff into the THP offering box. If you are interested just shoot me a PM.

Over the years I have had a couple wedges and an 8 iron not turned in after I left them on the tee or greenside.

The 8 irons really ticked me off because I realized I had left it on the tee box on the the previous hole and I drove back not more than 15 minutes after I left it there and both groups said they hadn't seen it. It never got turned in. This was the first week I was a member at my current club and I really wondered what kind of club I had joined. Luckily that's the only incident I've heard of since at the club where someone didn't turn something in. BTW, who in their right mind would want to keep a Wilson Staff Pi5 8 iron????

Sent you a PM. Hope it turns up...that head cover sounds awesome.

A bit of venting.....I have found many lost or dropped clubs or head covers or things around courses in my time. every time I check with the group in front on me to see if it Is theirs or I turn it in to the club house. I have left wedges next to greens and had them returned to me as well. there has always been a high level of integrity at the course.....

I bought a new Cobra Fly Z+ the first week of January. I had wrist surgery on January 7th and never got to swing it. I am now to the point that I can. I went to the range today and was felling pretty good. Then suddenly CRACK!!! I broke the dang thing right where the adapter and shaft meet. That sucked. I put the head in the head cover and sat in on top of my bag. hit my remaining balls(not well, a depression fueled swing is no good) and left. got to my car and my head cover and head were gone. must have dropped them. walked back to where I had been hitting and the same guys were there. none had left, no new guys showed up. asked about it and got the "we haven't seen anything" response. it was a straight 30 second walk to my car. if It dropped I would have seen it when I headed back. its been 4 hours and no one has turned it in to the pro shop. someone now owns a sweet Godzilla head cover and a brand new fly z+ head. that's crap. I can finally swing, have a golf trip at the end of April and have no driver because someone just can't be an honest person. the worst part is that after paying for surgery and my trip in April I cannot afford to replace it. I guess I'm one of those hybrid off the tee kind of guys now.

Some people are awful.

Has anyone else had any crappy stories like this?

I would contact Cobra Golf. If it was a stock shaft that came with the club, Cobra may replace the head. Maybe not a new one but a preowned one.

My son snapped the head of of his Taylormade driver. It ended up in a lake next to the tee. Taylormade replaced the head with a new one.

I would contact Cobra Golf. If it was a stock shaft that came with the club, Cobra may replace the head. Maybe not a new one but a preowned one.

My son snapped the head of of his Taylormade driver. It ended up in a lake next to the tee. Taylormade replaced the head with a new one.
It was a stock shaft out of a bio cell plus. I upraded to the fly z plus, swapped shafts with my old bio cell and sold the bio cell and fly z shaft.

I would call..worst thing they can say is no...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I don't understand theft at any level.

It's like hitting a perfect drive, only for the ball to hit a sprinkler head and go OB. Curse your bad luck, curse the guy who took it, may he shank and 3-putt forever, then move on.

Just because there are a-holes around doesn't mean we can't act like gentlemen. What matters is who we are in spite of what's around us.

Really sucks when that crap happens. Hopefully karma will get the guy.

Well, a call to the pro shop has left me empty handed and empty hearted. Sucks. I had really figured it would turn up. BUT, the generosity here is amazing. I can't believe all the offers to help. I'm overwhelmed. Thanks THP, you guys are awesome.

Sucks dude, I hate thieves. Should have their hands smashed with a hammer. I don't trust anyone and never let my bag out of my sight. It is too bad that is the way it is.

It was awesome. I just got it too.
4a49f27cc39a5f6b7e957ae5d18b99fb.jpg

I got one of these for Christmas. That sucks.

You are making assumptions that someone just "took" what you lost.
Maybe yes, maybe no.
Could be anything but you can't assume the worst.
You lost it, it's your fault.
Until you know someone is responsible you can't blame anyone but yourself.
Sorry (it wasn't me).

Maybe yes, maybe no.
Sorry (it wasn't me).

Ouch, in coming hot take!!!.

I left an ipad on a plane once and it never got turned in. My fault for leaving it behind and I was pissed at myself for doing it. Doesn't mean I can't be upset with "people" in general for not turning it back in.

All the evidence we have been presented in this case points to someone snatching it up. UNLESS....have you seen all the offers for used 4 year old drivers!!??!

Maybe yes, maybe no.
Sorry (it wasn't me).
Right. Of course its my fault. I nevet said different. What im saying is that when i find something that has been lost i dont just assume its mine now. I figure whoever lost it would want it back. I ask around or turn it in. Its just the right thing to do. If your opinion is different thats your deal. Thats ok for you. Not everyone feels that same way. I was just venting because something crappy happened.

i believe in Karma.. If someone took your stuff they will pay eventually. Also works if you do something good.. It all evens out.

Back