OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
No, I'm not looking for love in all the wrong places! Just wondering if anyone else out there has utilized any of the popular dating sites successfully (and I'm not talking about Tinder and all the other one night stand sites).

MrsOG and I met on the now defunct matchmaker.com sometime between Thanksgiving and early December 1998. We met in person on December 6th. We started "dating" on December 12th. We got engaged on stage a luau at Paradise Cove, Oahu, HI in front of about 500 people on December 19th... and we got married on December 27th. All 1998.

Yep, you read that right. From first meeting in person to married in 21 days. We celebrate 20 years this coming December.

Any others?

How two people meet doesn't matter. Met my wife at a Country Western bar. My friend met his wife after their cars rammed together at a 7-11.

No, I'm not looking for love in all the wrong places! Just wondering if anyone else out there has utilized any of the popular dating sites successfully (and I'm not talking about Tinder and all the other one night stand sites).

MrsOG and I met on the now defunct matchmaker.com sometime between Thanksgiving and early December 1998. We met in person on December 6th. We started "dating" on December 12th. We got engaged on stage a luau at Paradise Cove, Oahu, HI in front of about 500 people on December 19th... and we got married on December 27th. All 1998.

Yep, you read that right. From first meeting in person to married in 21 days. We celebrate 20 years this coming December.

Any others?

When you know.....you know.

That Paradise Cove luau is a fun one.

Mrs Scrap and I met online. I like to say I had to import my chocolate. 2 visas in 2 counties and 10 years later were still together.

Met my wife in e-harmony.com, she actually sought me out and we have been married for 11 years.

I met my wife at work and have been married 23 years and one day. But I would have never been opposed to online dating.

Wish my sis would do it. Single for far too long but very resistant to online dating.

Last edited:
Tinder should count...just ask @CobraX51...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Met my wife in e-harmony.com, she actually sought me out and we have been married for 11 years.
Almost the same. American Singles for us. 11 years married as well.

Tinder should count...just ask @CobraX51...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yeah for real. People actually CAN find love on Tinder and Bumble...

For a weekend(s)

Any others?

I actually met my fiance on an app called Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB). CMB was on Shark Tank and was given offers by everyone but the ladies who ran it said no. Honestly, the app is confusing and the system that it runs on doesn't make a lot of sense to me. So how I ended up with my fiance.. I have no clue. haha.

Any others?

Congratulations! Here's to many more decades to come! :drinks:

Met my wife on Match...been married four years and we're both happy.

There are a lot of good people on those sites but there are also a lot of douchebags...just like real life. You just need to get adept at figuring out who is who which seems difficult at first but actually gets fairly easy with some experience.

With women avoid the generic, dime a dozen people (I think the term these days is basic b*tch) with the typical "I'm just a laid back girl who's done with the bar scene, looking for a nice guy, and I'm not in to games. I like reading, the beach, and dogs." Translation...I like meeting jerks at the bar but it hasn't worked out for me lately so I'm trying this. And I'm also boring.

Also avoid women who clearly have just gotten out of a relationship....hey y'all, just a sweet girl getting back out there after a serious relationship. Don't touch with a ten foot pole...she's still in to the ex and just trying to find a way to feel better.

Other than that just have an open mind about different people who seem like they have a little intelligence, a sense of humor, and who put some unique things about them out there that you might connect with...such as golf.

Also...avoid anyone who can't be bothered to type a grammatically sensible paragraph about themselves or who writes in text slang either on their profile or in your initial emails with each other.

Met my wife on Match...been married four years and we're both happy.

There are a lot of good people on those sites but there are also a lot of douchebags...just like real life. You just need to get adept at figuring out who is who which seems difficult at first but actually gets fairly easy with some experience.

With women avoid the generic, dime a dozen people (I think the term these days is basic b*tch) with the typical "I'm just a laid back girl who's done with the bar scene, looking for a nice guy, and I'm not in to games. I like reading, the beach, and dogs." Translation...I like meeting jerks at the bar but it hasn't worked out for me lately so I'm trying this. And I'm also boring.

Also avoid women who clearly have just gotten out of a relationship....hey y'all, just a sweet girl getting back out there after a serious relationship. Don't touch with a ten foot pole...she's still in to the ex and just trying to find a way to feel better.

Other than that just have an open mind about different people who seem like they have a little intelligence, a sense of humor, and who put some unique things about them out there that you might connect with...such as golf.

Also...avoid anyone who can't be bothered to type a grammatically sensible paragraph about themselves or who writes in text slang either on their profile or in your initial emails with each other.

Find a bio that says. I enjoy long walks on the fairway and I like playing in the sand with my RTX3.

The amount of truth here is alarmingly true. Well done.

I used Match for about six months and about the time I gave up and quit a cute redhead 'winked' at me, we've been together for over six years now.

Any others?

Met my last woman on Facebook. It lasted 2 years. I've got a cousin who met his wife on (I believe) Christian Mingle. The girl I almost married, who I was with for 5 years, I met her in college. I prefer the "old" ways to meet (school, church, friend of a friend or whatever) but it's a tough and different world we live in now. All the hot desirable women are basically taken by age 25.

I met my wife at work and have been married 23 years and one day. But I would have never been opposed to online dating.

Wish my sis would do it. Single for far too long but very resistant to online dating.
I don't think online dating was "a thing" 23 years ago.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Oh man, the stories I have from Online dating... I could write a short novel.

Yeah for real. People actually CAN find love on Tinder and Bumble...

For a weekend(s)

I actually met my gf on tinder... 13 months in so far. Buddy married the girl he met on tinder... you can get what you want out of any site.... I used it for one night stands as well when I was single... but met her and it was different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stories I get from my friends seem to involve a very high percentage of women who post pictures where the look like a model l but show up looking like Chewbacca.

Last edited:

I may be able to add a good amount of chapters to that for you

The stories I get from my friends seem to involve a very high percentage of women who post pictures where the look like a mirror del but show up looking like Chewbacca.

Yep, I mean I'm no prize but at least I look like me in my pictures. Some women I've met... oy. Not even close.

I was catfished once. It wasn't as bad as the TV show but I was talking/texting with a lady for about 2 months hitting it off. Everytime I asked her to meet in person, she always had SOMEthing going on. Finally she agreed to meet, and she was an entirely a different person (physically). The truth is, the real her wasn't bad looking and her personality definitely was the quality that I liked but she simply lied. Some people have major self-esteem issues.

I don't think online dating was "a thing" 23 years ago.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
LOL... I meant at any point, assuming I were single.

I actually met my gf on tinder... 13 months in so far. Buddy married the girl he met on tinder... you can get what you want out of any site.... I used it for one night stands as well when I was single... but met her and it was different

See their are success stories. A co-worker of mine met his soon to be wife on Tinder. They're getting married in Puerto Rico. Go big or go home I guess haha.

If you click right off the bat with the right person, even swiping, what difference does it make where you met?

See their are success stories. A co-worker of mine met his soon to be wife on Tinder. They're getting married in Puerto Rico. Go big or go home I guess haha.

If you click right off the bat with the right person, even swiping, what difference does it make where you met?

100% agree. Was having fun being single and whatever happens happens.... but then we clicked so why not. Shouldn’t matter where people meet. Just that they do

Back