No, I'm not looking for love in all the wrong places! Just wondering if anyone else out there has utilized any of the popular dating sites successfully (and I'm not talking about Tinder and all the other one night stand sites).

MrsOG and I met on the now defunct matchmaker.com sometime between Thanksgiving and early December 1998. We met in person on December 6th. We started "dating" on December 12th. We got engaged on stage a luau at Paradise Cove, Oahu, HI in front of about 500 people on December 19th... and we got married on December 27th. All 1998.

Yep, you read that right. From first meeting in person to married in 21 days. We celebrate 20 years this coming December.

Any others?

Met on OKCupid in August 2013....happily married since October 2014

I met my last wife doing estate planning after her father's death. Maybe the law is not a bad place to meet.

But after I posted here in 2018, I met someone on match - lots of chemistry, but after nine months she went weird - got back together where I later surmised that she used me to go on a few trips. Apparently, she is not good with dealing with a breakup or expressing feelings, whereas I don't mind being honest.

Been on match again for 10 months and during a pandemic - I didn't have issues gaining interest, I just was not that interested. Too picky. And when you find possibilities, no chemistry. So I am paying more attention to working on golf and planning trips than planning trips with women.
Your post reminded me of a situation from my dating days that made me chuckle. I had been on several dates with this girl and I could tell it wasn’t going anywhere. Rather than feed her some overused cliche or lie about why I didn’t want to see her again, I decided to be honest. I told her we didn’t have any chemistry. Ooooppps, wrong move. :LOL: That did not go over well at all. You know...honesty being the best policy and all....

Your post reminded me of a situation from my dating days that made me chuckle. I had been on several dates with this girl and I could tell it wasn’t going anywhere. Rather than feed her some overused cliche or lie about why I didn’t want to see her again, I decided to be honest. I told her we didn’t have any chemistry. Ooooppps, wrong move. :LOL: That did not go over well at all. You know...honesty being the best policy and all....

And I thought chemistry was the easy honest out because it's either physical or mental chemistry - I say "mental chemistry" because I don't want any women to go off on me because it was physical -

I mean, it's been used on me and I already know it - so I say, "Hey, I understand, good luck," and thank my lucky stars. Sometimes, you wish you had chemistry but typically you will find a "B" lying in wait. And I have found some of those... along with the sweet B's. Still a "B' if you investigate enough. But you've got to expect some of that, it's how much and can you enjoy them being a "B."

If you are over 18, that’ll get you 20!!
When I reread it, I should have clarified that I was 16. It’s amazing what you put up with at 16 when your girlfriend has an unbelievable, well, top half.

I have met a lot of heterosexual life mates on this great site called TheHacker'sParadise.

4 of our very good couple friends met online and are all married. It is the new thing.

On Line Dating -- Where else could I have found the most beautiful tall blonde that was so crazy that she tried to jump out of my Corvette at 60 MPH cuz I would not stop on I-90 and talk about our relationship. :devilish:

I’ve got a date on her way over. All seems well, other than her not being turned off by my pictures, red flag-lol! Covid Times dating is a massive PITA.

Please don’t buy any black market kidneys in the next few days and if no one hears from me inside a week, send someone to check it out.

I’m kidding mostly. I’ll let you know how it turns out. As a bachelor guy I have going for me 1. My awesome looks (snicker:)), 2. an extremely nice house (yes, true), and of course 3. my golf game (a 3 year old on psychedelics would beat me).

Sigh. Just remember no black market kidneys this weekend. Thanks.

Back