Internet speeds and providers

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As many know we are moving. Internet is being installed today. Bluepeak fiber optics is a relatively new provider in the area. 2 gigs up load and down load for 65 a month. Maybe it’s just me coming from a rural area but these speeds are crazy and price is so cheap. Hope it’s not to good to be true.

As many know we are moving. Internet is being installed today. Bluepeak fiber optics is a relatively new provider in the area. 2 gigs up load and down load for 65 a month. Maybe it’s just me coming from a rural area but these speeds are crazy and price is so cheap. Hope it’s not to good to be true.

That is a solid deal. I pay $75 a month for Google Fiber for 1 Gig Down and Up, which I still feel like is a really good deal.

That's a pretty good price for that kind of speed. We have AT&T fiber in our neighborhood. 1 Gig up and down at 81 bucks a month. Includes HBO Max, which we do use, so that is nice. Partially deductible for my wife's business as well.

As someone who worked in telecom for nearly 20 years, I am so jealous of those getting 1GB speeds (when available) for less than $100. I live in a very rural area, best I can get is Xfinity coax internet which is still pretty decent. But not 1GB+ for less than $100/month.

As someone who worked in telecom for nearly 20 years, I am so jealous of those getting 1GB speeds (when available) for less than $100. I live in a very rural area, best I can get is Xfinity coax internet which is still pretty decent. But not 1GB+ for less than $100/month.
I was thrilled when we moved into our neighborhood and found out that fiber was available. It's a game changer.

Hell I was thrilled when we were finally able to get 25 meg speed at the house in Colorado.

That is a solid deal. I pay $75 a month for Google Fiber for 1 Gig Down and Up, which I still feel like is a really good deal.
I would do ungodly things to have access to google fiber.

I would do ungodly things to have access to google fiber.

They started in KC and it has been pretty awesome. I used to have their cable, but dropped it and they aren't selling it anymore, but the internet has been unbelievably reliable

Our neighborhood only has 2 options 400mb for like 80 a month from Spectrum or 40 a month for 200mb from windstream. Windstream sucks their reliability is awful and the speeds fluctuate so much.

My old neighborhood actually in Charlotte had Spectrum, ATT Fiber, and Google Fiber available. I miss it

13772962825.png

Not bad at all for $75 a month

Lol eff all of you. I pay $75 a month for less than 120Mbs from Spectrum :LOL::LOL::LOL: If I ever see it above 100, I feel like it's a great day

$70 per month for 300-400 down, and 10 up. Jealous of the fiber areas!

so wish I could get fiber at home. Stuck with co-axial cable internet but at least it's 1G down, but spread that 1g out over all the devices combined.

on 300 or 500 MBPS... Todays screen shot... $55

1665164363671.png

There are a lot of efforts underway to try to increase the availability of affordable high speed broadband, with government grants funding them. It is really interesting but going to be great for a lot of people as efforts move forward.

I have gig down maybe 30 or 40Mb up through comcast and i pay $90/month.

I'm now looking up better options because of this thread. Our stuff is wayyyyy too slow

I live in a "rural" area too. Folks on the next street have ATT Fiber but for some reason my street can't get it. Best I can do is a whole-house T-Mobile 5G Gateway/Wifi Router. Here are the results from my laptop connected over Wifi to the gateway:
Image 10-7-22 at 2.11 PM.jpg

Did someone say fiber? I put that stuff together everyday haha!
D7911F7B-668D-4151-A8DE-9F11474CEAF3.jpg
I currently have 100 meg down on copper through windstream. Honestly can’t think of many reasons a residential service would need more than that

They are close to turning on the fiber at our place. They have the lines coming up to and connected to the house but have not switched over just yet.

Frontier is offering gig for $69 a month and 500 for $49. I know it's only $20 but for all wireless internet/streaming/gaming will we even see the advantage of going with gig?

Back