Intro to cm24 & My Road to the Grandaddy

cm24

Proud 2021 Grandaddy Alum #ReptheG
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Team THP Grandaddy Bio: cm24

What do I do? I am currently a 3rd year medical student at The Ohio State University College of Medicine who intends to go into Emergency Medicine when I graduate

Current WITB:

Titleist TSi3 9.0° (Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 60g 6.5 flex)
Titleist TS3 15° (Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina 82g X flex)
Titleist U500 3 iron (Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 90HY X flex)
Titleist U500 4 iron (KBS C Taper 130)
Titleist 718MB 5-9 iron (KBS C Taper 130)
Titleist SM7 Jet Black 46.10F, 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.08M (all 1° weak, KBS C Taper 130)
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1.5 (NorCal Putters Custom Finish)

Lowest Score: 66 (-6) @ Royal American Links (6,407 yards, 70.7/132)

Top 5 Favorite Courses:
  • Scioto Country Club (Columbus, OH)
  • Hazeltine National Golf Club (Chaska, MN)
  • The Golf Club at Stonelick Hills (Batavia, OH)
  • Dacotah Ridge Golf Club (Morton, MN)
  • Colorado National Golf Club (Erie, CO)
Bucket List Golf Course: Estancia Club (Scottsdale, AZ)

Strengths: length, ball-striking, course management

Weaknesses: consistency due to lack of practice time, reading greens

Off-Course Interests: weightlifting, hockey, football, going to sporting events, being outdoors, hanging out with the girlfriend and dog

Fun Fact: I’ve visited 35 different stadiums (NCAA Power 5, NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA) since 2017.

Looking forward to my journey in this thread and feel free to ask any questions here as well!

What do I do? I am currently a 3rd year medical student at The Ohio State University College of Medicine who intends to go into Emergency Medicine when I graduate

Current WITB:

Titleist SM7 Jet Black 46.10F, 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.08M (all 1° weak, KBS C Taper 130)

Top 5 Favorite Courses:

Off-Course Interests: weightlifting, hockey, football, going to sporting events, being outdoors, hanging out with the girlfriend and dog

Fun Fact: I’ve visited 35 different stadiums (NCAA Power 5, NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA) since 2017.

Looking forward to my journey in this thread and feel free to ask any questions here as well!

Enjoy the wild ride that is the lead up to a amazing THP Experience! 😎

Thanks for sharing your background with us. Best of luck to you and your GD teammates.

Cody, good to meet you my friend.
Super pumped for you to go to the GD.
You're part of a pretty awesome squad there.

That’s a lovely resume of favorite courses. Can’t wait to see you add one more to it in a few months!

Haha! Welcome to the Journey my man! Looking forward to following along. As someone that has to decipher scripts (thankfully less and less!) for a living, go stinkin digital, lol. I know there’s times you can’t. That doesn’t mean (in OH) that you can’t have them printed and then sign them? 😂.

If you ever want to golf, lift weights, or MMA train, I’m not far from you. I’ve got great access to a gym. Well, I have my own, but for training with others, 😂. Good access there too.

Good luck to you young man! Excited to follow!!!

Holy crap, vacation during 3rd year. Awesome!

Thanks for letting us know a little about you on and off the course. Enjoy your journey to the GD!

Absolutely fantastic, Cody! I was hoping to have another Vikings fan to balance out @Nappy & @RealPretendPsychic Packer cheering section, but it is hard to not cheer for a winner.

Can’t wait to follow along with your journey!

Great to meet you! From everything that's said the granddaddy is the golf experience of a lifetime. We all know you'll have a blast.

Fun fact - some of the most entertaining golfers on this forum are from the great state of Minnesota. **The other most entertaining golfers are from the other 49 states, it's basically an equal split minus Iowa (obviously)

:welcome:

Incredible introduction and OP Cody! Looking forward to following your journey all the way to helping bring the belt home to THP!

Great intro Cody!! This is going to be a fun ride we are on!!!

Welcome to THP and that is one nice best round there.

Great intro Cody! Can't wait to go on this journey with you man!

Good introduction! Looking forward to hearing about your lead up to the Grandaddy and experience while you're there man.

Great intro, and glad you’re on the team!

That’s an impressive number of stadiums you’ve been to! Any favourites?

Great to meet you! From everything that's said the granddaddy is the golf experience of a lifetime. We all know you'll have a blast.

Fun fact - some of the most entertaining golfers on this forum are from the great state of Minnesota. **The other most entertaining golfers are from the other 49 states, it's basically an equal split minus Iowa (obviously)

:welcome:

I’ve met several Minnesota golfers on here. Now they probably think “that fella from OH ain’t right” but that’s ok. At least I don’t talk as funny, 🤣.

Absolutely fantastic, Cody! I was hoping to have another Vikings fan to balance out @Nappy & @RealPretendPsychic Packer cheering section, but it is hard to not cheer for a winner.

Can’t wait to follow along with your journey!

Don’t worry, Cap. I’m happy to provide any assistance in keeping those Packer fans at bay. Skol Vikes!

Great intro, and glad you’re on the team!

That’s an impressive number of stadiums you’ve been to! Any favourites?
Wow, you just opened a Pandora’s box with that question!

Huge NHL fan, but it’s hard to really rate the arenas because it’s all about the atmosphere. I’ve been to Columbus, Colorado, Detroit, Nashville, Minnesota, Arizona, and Florida so far.

For baseball, PNC Park has been my favorite and it’s an absolutely shame the Pirates are so bad. If you get the chance to go, sit on the 3rd base side! Busch Stadium is also incredible. Cardinals fans make the atmosphere every game and they are so passionate for their team!

For NFL, US Bank Stadium in MN is impossible to beat for so many reasons. Also was cool to see Teddy’s first game back against the Bengals after the dislocated knee.

For NCAA, it’s been more about the games than the stadiums. I’m biased and loved the Shoe at OSU, but I’ve never heard a stadium explode like when Chris Olave blocked the punt in The Game in 2018. Kinnick Stadium at night is unbelievable too. I was at the Iowa-Minnesota night game in Nov/Dec 2016 (unofficial start of the stadium tour) when the Hawkeyes were undefeated and that was incredible. Best upset I’ve seen was 2019 in Illinois when the Illini hit a GW FG against the Badgers. I get to go to Camp Randall in Oct since my girlfriend‘s family is from Wisconsin, so that will be in the thread in the future.

63B89F10-BD0B-48EE-817A-1CE0EDE46482.jpeg76AD3942-E76C-4CCE-BB89-C7FE8B1361B6.jpeg2BBA170A-9636-43BC-A898-1BBE8B3295F8.jpegD596360B-D81F-4B31-B19D-D622AD6E0C5B.jpeg

Last edited:
Haha! Welcome to the Journey my man! Looking forward to following along. As someone that has to decipher scripts (thankfully less and less!) for a living, go stinkin digital, lol. I know there’s times you can’t. That doesn’t mean (in OH) that you can’t have them printed and then sign them? 😂.

If you ever want to golf, lift weights, or MMA train, I’m not far from you. I’ve got great access to a gym. Well, I have my own, but for training with others, 😂. Good access there too.

Good luck to you young man! Excited to follow!!!

haha you’ll never catch me writing a script by hand!! Always e-scribe to keep it as simple as possible. No excuse for trying to read my illegible handwriting that way🤣
Always looking for people to play with and would be awesome to get together for a round this fall! Any courses between Columbus and Cleveland you recommend?? Haven’t played hardly any in that part of the state!!

There’s about 4 public ones I’d tell you to check out that are pretty local to me and $60 or less a round.

1. Deer Ridge. Belleville OH, exit 165 on 71. Mountain Golf in Ohio. Just a cool course. Be prepared to putt a lot and cuss the Greenskeeper if he’s feeling grumpy that morning. I’ve had several experiences where you couldn’t keep the ball inside of 20ft without holing it.

2. Ashland Golf Club-formerly private, still has the feel and conditions. Was ranked inside the top 10 under $50 courses in the US.

3. Eagle Creek-just an overall great course near Norwalk

4. Shale Creek near Medina. This is probably the nicest and most traditional course of the bunch.

Current WITB:

Top 5 Favorite Courses:

Awesome!!! Welcome to the fraternity.

Wow, you just opened a Pandora’s box with that question!

Huge NHL fan, but it’s hard to really rate the arenas because it’s all about the atmosphere. I’ve been to Columbus, Colorado, Detroit, Nashville, Minnesota, Arizona, and Florida so far.

For baseball, PNC Park has been my favorite and it’s an absolutely shame the Pirates are so bad. If you get the chance to go, sit on the 3rd base side! Busch Stadium is also incredible. Cardinals fans make the atmosphere every game and they are so passionate for their team!

For NFL, US Bank Stadium in MN is impossible to beat for so many reasons. Also was cool to see Teddy’s first game back against the Bengals after the dislocated knee.

For NCAA, it’s been more about the games than the stadiums. I’m biased and loved the Shoe at OSU, but I’ve never heard a stadium explode like when Chris Olave blocked the punt in The Game in 2018. Kinnick Stadium at night is unbelievable too. I was at the Iowa-Minnesota night game in Nov/Dec 2016 (unofficial start of the stadium tour) when the Hawkeyes were undefeated and that was incredible. Best upset I’ve seen was 2019 in Illinois when the Illini hit a GW FG against the Badgers. I get to go to Camp Randall in Oct since my girlfriend‘s family is from Wisconsin, so that will be in the thread in the future.

View attachment 9028741View attachment 9028742View attachment 9028743View attachment 9028744
You need to get to a Night Game in Baton Rouge at some point… Geaux Tigers.

645F2F53-E17B-4283-AFDC-37FE4E239839.gif

Great intro Cody! Looks like this Granddaddy group will be something special!

Back