Intro to cm24 & My Road to the Grandaddy

Is anyone else going to be able to concentrate at ECPC when you are sending nuclear missiles down range!
If I'm in his group for fitting, I'm going to be doing a little range watching for sure

jason-momoa-chair.gif

If I'm in his group for fitting, I'm going to be doing a little range watching for sure
Too bad we won’t be able to record a video of it with the REDACTED drivers

Too bad we won’t be able to record a video of it with the REDACTED drivers
We can record it.. we'll only be able to enjoy it ourselves until after embargo though..lol

We can record it.. we'll only be able to enjoy it ourselves until after embargo though..lol
Haha I was planning on posting a recording of my current driver next chance I get! But this plan works too lol

Been a couple weeks since I've posted an update. Haven't been able to play any outdoor rounds since the end of October mostly because of my rotation schedule combined with the shorter days. I have been doing my best to keep my game as sharp as I can thanks to the simulators at the PGA SS in Columbus. I will say that the swing in general feels good, but I know the short game is going to have some rust. One of the major downsides I've found in the GC Hawks that they use is registering spin off of wedges. I've done my best to make sure there isn't any parts of the logo showing to keep from any misreadings, but they still happen from time to time. Definitely frustrating to say the least because I would LOVE to dial in my 50, 75, and 100 yard shots, but its been a challenge considering I'll get backspin readings of -100 to 800 rpms frequently (which leads to a half swing wedge going about 150 yards with 80 yards of roll).

However, I have been able to compile some really good launch monitor data with the rest of my bag that will be helpful for me going into my fitting (below). Gapping isn't perfect, but I also haven't checked the lofts/lies since last fall. All of this data was using the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS (@JasonFinleyCG should be very proud of this ball!)

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.26.22 PM.png

Final Pre-Grandaddy Fitting Plan (based on current lineup)
Driver: Epic Speed Triple Diamond (LS?) 8*/9*, 70g shaft at 44.5" vs 60g shaft at 45.5"
Fairway: Epic Speed 13.5*/15*
Hybrid: Apex Pro 18*/20* (loft based on gapping between fairway wood and 4 iron)
Irons: leaning TCB over Apex MB currently (4-PW)
Wedges: Jaws MD5 50W & 54C, Full Toe 60
Putter: whatever @Luke WilliamsCG tells me

Countdown to the Grandaddy: 5 days, 9 hours, 58 minutes until I'm on my flight to San Diego (with a short stop to meet up with @93civiccpe and @Golfers Anonymous in Chicago)

Been a couple weeks since I've posted an update. Haven't been able to play any outdoor rounds since the end of October mostly because of my rotation schedule combined with the shorter days. I have been doing my best to keep my game as sharp as I can thanks to the simulators at the PGA SS in Columbus. I will say that the swing in general feels good, but I know the short game is going to have some rust. One of the major downsides I've found in the GC Hawks that they use is registering spin off of wedges. I've done my best to make sure there isn't any parts of the logo showing to keep from any misreadings, but they still happen from time to time. Definitely frustrating to say the least because I would LOVE to dial in my 50, 75, and 100 yard shots, but its been a challenge considering I'll get backspin readings of -100 to 800 rpms frequently (which leads to a half swing wedge going about 150 yards with 80 yards of roll).

However, I have been able to compile some really good launch monitor data with the rest of my bag that will be helpful for me going into my fitting (below). Gapping isn't perfect, but I also haven't checked the lofts/lies since last fall. All of this data was using the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS (@JasonFinleyCG should be very proud of this ball!)

View attachment 9048870

Driver: Epic Speed Triple Diamond (LS?) 8*/9*, 70g shaft at 44.5" vs 60g shaft at 45.5"
Hybrid: Apex Pro 18*/20* (loft based on gapping between fairway wood and 4 iron)

Countdown to the Grandaddy: 5 days, 9 hours, 58 minutes until I'm on my flight to San Diego (with a short stop to meet up with @93civiccpe and @Golfers Anonymous in Chicago)

This is a fantastic update! Excited to follow your progress.

GD 21 team has a good long ball hitter, watch out team Callaway!

Nice prep work, and good to see you still hitting the sim with all the school requirements. The residents I work with are always so burnt, I can't imagine the stuff they go through and went through

View attachment 9048870

Dude I’m not sure how I missed this thread for your Grandaddy Journey! Well done & had no idea you went to Ohio State not to mention med school! Big props man! You are going to knock this out of the park!!!

This is a fantastic update! Excited to follow your progress.
Can't wait to take everyone along for the ride and tell you how excited you need to be about Callaway's new lineup!

GD 21 team has a good long ball hitter, watch out team Callaway!

Nice prep work, and good to see you still hitting the sim with all the school requirements. The residents I work with are always so burnt, I can't imagine the stuff they go through and went through
Thanks Gyro! It's definitely a busy time (thankfully not on surgery until January), but having these sim sessions and the Grandaddy to look forward to make the work and studying a little easier!

Dude I’m not sure how I missed this thread for your Grandaddy Journey! Well done & had no idea you went to Ohio State not to mention med school! Big props man! You are going to knock this out of the park!!!
Part of the reason why I wanted to bump this thread was to make sure everyone the forum knew who I was before next week :) Thanks as well! Hope you're enjoying the big W from this past weekend

Part of the reason why I wanted to bump this thread was to make sure everyone the forum knew who I was before next week :) Thanks as well! Hope you're enjoying the big W from this past weekend

we know who you are!
Next week I expect victory!

after that we can return to our friendly rivalry. 😉

we know who you are!
Next week I expect victory!

after that we can return to our friendly rivalry. 😉
We are all Team THP all the time and there's a belt that needs a new home in a particular studio! May have taken a while, but I think you know the feeling when you finally get that much awaited W ;)

We are all Team THP all the time and there's a belt that needs a new home in a particular studio! May have taken a while, but I think you know the feeling when you finally get that much awaited W ;)
Absolutely!

View attachment 9048870

These are some damn fine numbers. Can't wait to hear what you get fit into. Might have to wait a few weeks until the release is set, but will be interesting for sure.

View attachment 9048870

My man!! Can't wait to meet you brother!

View attachment 9048870

Getting closer to our Chicago meetup!

Can't wait to go through the journey with you!

Back