EXPERIENCE Introducing a Brand New THP Experience: The GrandMama

Not really. I didn't sleep much the night I found out and then went on a beach vacation with my family. It was all a dream but work this week has brought me back to reality. I keep telling everyone about it and everyone keeps asking me why I get to do it. I don't have a good reason for why.. I can only say that it's completely undeserved but going to be incredible. I still can't fathom getting to sign the NDA's, pick their brains, then get access to some of the best fitters on the planet. I'm going in with an open mind and a ton of questions!!
Simple answer really. Tell them it’s because you’re awesome and deserving.

One thing that never gets old is seeing the amazement and wonder of others who get to follow in your own footsteps and experience the awesomeness that is Callaway and events that start with G.

Not really. I didn't sleep much the night I found out and then went on a beach vacation with my family. It was all a dream but work this week has brought me back to reality. I keep telling everyone about it and everyone keeps asking me why I get to do it. I don't have a good reason for why.. I can only say that it's completely undeserved but going to be incredible. I still can't fathom getting to sign the NDA's, pick their brains, then get access to some of the best fitters on the planet. I'm going in with an open mind and a ton of questions!!
Haha. I can so relate to that feeling. I would have random moments of uncontrollable excitement for months. Throwing in some random fist pumps whenever the feeling boiled over each day.

It's a question you'll get asked Everytime you get bring up the subject. It's such a hard thing to explain. Not really something you'll ever feel like you're deserving of.

Your experience will be a little different than ours overall. But, no doubt the emotions will be very similar. You guys will rep the community very well, no doubt about it.

I am already imagining what it must be like for the fitter who one week is working with Phil & Xander and the next week is working with my swing.. Lol! In all seriousness I have no idea what is in store but from following all the past Grandaddy's that we will be blown away by the opportunity to be immersed in the tech with the best in the industry who also are amazing people to talk with. It is overwhelming what they do for us year after year. Each year the group that goes takes it up a notch and I know that this event is a little different but the 4 of us know we have big shoes to fill. We are already texting back and forth and still can't believe we have been chosen but will be prepared. Part of me wants December to get here quickly but the other part of me is trying to use every bit of time I have to get my swing as reliable as possible to make the most of this opportunity. I am going to trust the fitters completely to put me in the best equipment for my game. If any of you have any specific questions you want ask, please send them as I'm already compiling a list and will try to ask all of them!!

I am already imagining what it must be like for the fitter who one week is working with Phil & Xander and the next week is working with my swing.. Lol! In all seriousness I have no idea what is in store but from following all the past Grandaddy's that we will be blown away by the opportunity to be immersed in the tech with the best in the industry who also are amazing people to talk with. It is overwhelming what they do for us year after year. Each year the group that goes takes it up a notch and I know that this event is a little different but the 4 of us know we have big shoes to fill. We are already texting back and forth and still can't believe we have been chosen but will be prepared. Part of me wants December to get here quickly but the other part of me is trying to use every bit of time I have to get my swing as reliable as possible to make the most of this opportunity. I am going to trust the fitters completely to put me in the best equipment for my game. If any of you have any specific questions you want ask, please send them as I'm already compiling a list and will try to ask all of them!!
Goes without saying and I'm sure any past Grandaddy participant would agree. But, if there is anything you guys need, absolutely do not hesitate to ask.

Now with the group set, what are all of you most excited for?

That's really hard to answer. I went back through the past several Grandaddy threads last week while on vacation and one of the things I'm most excited about is getting to meet the Callaway guys and getting the inside look at all the technology. I'm an engineer by trade so I love the technical side and understanding what they are trying to accomplish and what advantages the AI is giving them. Then again, it's hard not to say meeting the other 3 THPers that will experience this crazy ride with and make some lifelong memories together. I can already tell by our group text that these are quality guys and we are going to have a blast out there!!

That's really hard to answer. I went back through the past several Grandaddy threads last week while on vacation and one of the things I'm most excited about is getting to meet the Callaway guys and getting the inside look at all the technology. I'm an engineer by trade so I love the technical side and understanding what they are trying to accomplish and what advantages the AI is giving them. Then again, it's hard not to say meeting the other 3 THPers that will experience this crazy ride with and make some lifelong memories together. I can already tell by our group text that these are quality guys and we are going to have a blast out there!!
Definitely would be tough to pin down one thing your most excited about.

For me, not sure I've settled on just one thing. Too many things to be excited about. Once I think it's meeting fellow THPers for a great experience, I start thinking about getting fit by some of the best in the business. After I think about that, I think about clubs we might get a chance to lay out hands on. Then I think about meeting and absorbing as much as I can from industry leaders. And then just being at the ECPC. And then I end up back sharing all of that with a bunch of THPers and the cycle repeats.

It's dizzying.

If it were me, I’d be most excited about the plane ride into San Diego/Carlsbad/Palm Springs (wherever the final destination is) because I know once I got off, I wouldn’t stop smiling and pinching myself until I got back on.

Putters. Definitely Putters. :ROFLMAO:

Honestly though, I’m most excited to be a part of this event with a great group of guys that I continue to get to know better. Doing all of the things we are going to get to do is going to be special, and it is going to be amplified because we get to do it together. I can’t wait to see our collective faces light up at each little thing.

Hey Team THP! Has the reality of what you guys are getting to partake in sunk in yet?

Nope. I know it’s coming. I’m looking forward to it. I keep buying new clubs anyway because I nerd out easily. The really won’t hit until I see the other guys in person. As soon as I see them, even before we step foot into the ECPC...

Anybody excited??? While 2020 has been one for the books, thinks like this on the horizon are redemptive in so many ways. The days have been flying by and it's about to get really crazy for you guys.

Also....you're welcome. Now you can enjoy Flava Flav's face until this thread gets insane enough to bury it. Muahahahahaha!

Doesn't seem right for this to slide down too far.. This will be here in no time!!

So quick update. My club championship and season championship final rounds were yesterday so that's pretty much the end of my league. Now its just fun rounds with friends and the occasional late season tournament, trying to squeeze as many rounds in before the snow flies. Gotta keep the swing in shape for Dec.

Next big event for me to focus on is the GrandMama! :callaway:

Don’t know how I missed this question pop up.

Couple things I’m really excited about! First and foremost is getting meet my teammates. Our group chat has had some good conversation but meeting them will take it to another level. The people here are one reason why I got so invested in this place and these guys are part of the reason why this place is great.

Second thing I’m excited about is meeting all the people from Callaway! Some of the best minds in the sport and I get to hear about everything directly from them, get fitted by them and get to play golf with them. I can’t even comprehend that until it’s happening.

Last thing I’m excited about that is representing this place. I know we have big shoes to fill from past members and we are going in with less people than normal but I know we are proud as hell to go and represent you guys and bring you along for the ride!

Did anyone else see on social media pictures of the yet to be released Apex and Apex MB irons that are in a couple of the pros bags this week? I wasn't sure about rules around posting those pictures up prior to the embargo so I certainly won't but is anyone else excited?? I'm still buzzing when I think about this and am sure I've driven all my family and friends crazy talking about it but I don't care! #Grandmama

Did anyone else see on social media pictures of the yet to be released Apex and Apex MB irons that are in a couple of the pros bags this week? I wasn't sure about rules around posting those pictures up prior to the embargo so I certainly won't but is anyone else excited?? I'm still buzzing when I think about this and am sure I've driven all my family and friends crazy talking about it but I don't care! #Grandmama

Insert drool emoji from me, and eye roll emoji from my wife. I’m right there with you!!!

My buddy had a photo of the new driver today. You guys are in for a treat. It looks 🔥

My buddy had a photo of the new driver today. You guys are in for a treat. It looks 🔥

if it’s the same photo i saw, that is not the emoji i would have chosen.

I'm assuming you are meaning it's not your favorite? Because I honestly said the same thing when I first saw the Mav. Completely changed my mind when I ended up seeing it in hand though. I have seen the picture too and am for sure reserving judgement until I see it up close and hear about it here soon!

I'm assuming you are meaning it's not your favorite? Because I honestly said the same thing when I first saw the Mav. Completely changed my mind when I ended up seeing it in hand though. I ended up seeing the picture too and am for sure reserving judgement until I see it up close and hear about it here soon!

yeah. there was a LOT going on the sole. and the colors were not what i would pick. but performance solves a lot of design controversy. i love the look of the mav max, and it performs.

yeah. there was a LOT going on the sole. and the colors were not what i would pick. but performance solves a lot of design controversy. i love the look of the mav max, and it performs.
Same thoughts here about the sole. Colors fall in line with previous lines though so that didn't really surprise me. I thought it looked pretty good but everyone has different tastes. Hopefully I can hit it straight lol

I will probably stop talking about though it since the place I saw it, ended up taking the picture down. So I don't want to encourage others to look for it at this point since it was a break of embargo for sure

Last edited:

Agree the pics are not flattering imo and there is a lot going on. I’m sure there is a tech story there, but busy is good word for the sole.

Back