Introducing King Cobra Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Companies tend to get “typecast” a bit as it relates to categories of equipment, and while it may not have any current merit, sometimes a great product flies under the radar. While that may have been the case with some previous lines, I have a feeling that may change with the release of the King Cobra wedges.

CHP-1024x692.jpg

Enter Snakebite technology. More on the grooves coming up, but this new lineup features a throwback King Cobra logo to sort of pay homage to the evolution of the brand. Before jumping deep into the tech story, here are the lofts and the entire specs that will be available at launch.

C1-1024x484.jpg

Three grinds are available in the King Cobra...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice looking wedge. Yet another wedge for Morgan Cup participants to ponder.

"Snake bite" sounds a little I don't know what the word I'm looking for, ridiculous?
This goes back to the question that's asked all the time about names of clubs.. idk..

Great write up @JB!!!

This is the first of 2 announcements I have been waiting on. Time to make the first update to my potential order LOL.

Also I freaking love the caution logo on the face wrap. Cobra has some great marketing.

Love the full face grooves on the 56* - 60* wedges. Wish they had more grind/loft options for us lefties, but that has been par for the course on a lot of wedge manufacturers.

These look good!

"Snake bite" sounds a little I don't know what the word I'm looking for, ridiculous?
This goes back to the question that's asked all the time about names of clubs.. idk..

That's not the name of the club, just what they are calling the technology.

I love how it has a warning on the front saying that these have serious bite. Also, I'm glad they extended the grooves on the higher lofted options.

These look pretty good. Wish they offered them in copper to match the new irons.

Oh wow I like those a lot. Nice addition with the 48* and the different grinds available as well.

These wedges look amazing! The cost is pretty solid and the description of them make me want to try them. I think these could be a big hit for Cobra.

Really? Seems like a perfect name for wedge groove technology given the company. I mean we all want our wedges to bite. A snakebite is one of the most aggressive and feared type of bites on the planet. This seems natural and obvious to me.

I think I might have to pick up a 58 or 60 to see if it can compete with the PM grind. :unsure:

Can’t wait to see Morgan Cup participants fill up their bags with these wedges, they look fantastic.

Oh wow I like those a lot. Nice addition with the 48* and the different grinds available as well.
That 48 is exciting as that is right in the range of loft I like to use for almost all shots between 80 and 20 yards.

When I read things like 40% sharper, 10% deeper, and using sharper tools more often - I can't help but wonder what on earth they were doing before.

I wonder how much these are going to chew up balls haha

When I read things like 40% sharper, 10% deeper, and using sharper tools more often - I can't help but wonder what on earth they were doing before.
:LOL:, so true. I always think that with every new golf ball release.

I think SnakeBite is a great name for a grippy groove technology. And, I like the full face grooves on the higher lofts!

Did I read this correctly? "If you pick up a wedge, and are a new subscriber, Cobra will give you a free 14-piece Arccos Caddie Smart Sensor kit to make sure all of your clubs are “plugged in”.

That seems like one heck of a deal.

I think SnakeBite is a great name for a grippy groove technology. And, I like the full face grooves on the higher lofts!

Did I read this correctly? "If you pick up a wedge, and are a new subscriber, Cobra will give you a free 14-piece Arccos Caddie Smart Sensor kit to make sure all of your clubs are “plugged in”.

That seems like one heck of a deal.

That is correct.

Now that's a great incentive to buy on it's own .... Arrcos sensors, all 14, if you buy one wedge? That's awesome!
Interesting how the swingweight increased by 1 pt as the loft increased .... from 50* to 54*

Yes! I strongly suspect these will make an appearance in many MC bags... Looks like Cobra is expanding their offerings to cater to all spectrum of golfers

Yes! I strongly suspect these will make an appearance in many MC bags... Looks like Cobra is expanding their offerings to cater to all spectrum of golfers

All. They will be in all bags.

These look really good. The Morgan Cup team is going to have some awesome gear to compete with 👍

Well I have an interest in a 58* or 60* Wide Low.
I see the flex is "Stiff" not "Wedge" - Wonder if there is a difference?

Back