Introducing King Cobra Wedges

The Cobra Snakebite wedges may be the most underrated release of the year.

I don’t disagree with this statement. I was pretty happy with my wedges and tried the Snakebites on a lark. They work super well for me. The combination of a 56* versatile and a 60* wide low is giving me options that I cannot remember having for a long time.

When the recoil shafts are back in stock a wide low may have to join the family.

You are correct here. This was probably the area of the bag I was least excited about, but man these wedges are dependable. They bite hard and consistently on the little hop and stop shot I hit sometimes. That shot makes it hard for me to trust a new wedge, but once I see they can be trusted I use it quite a bit. These are really fine wedges. I have been a Vokey guy for the last 5 years, but I really like these a lot. This is an important part of my game as well so performance is key for me in this spot.

I am finding these easier to control the spin more then other wedges I have tried. I can really zip one or let it run out. Haven’t had that much control before with a wedge.

Get a 72 degree version for Bryson. Help his 100 yard approach shots!

I am finding these easier to control the spin more then other wedges I have tried. I can really zip one or let it run out. Haven’t had that much control before with a wedge.
I agree. Now that I am getting dialed in I am able to flight these and spin them really well. I like them better than the Vokey's they replaced at least during the summer firm turf. This winter we will see how they handle the moosh.

This club saved me from an awful score today. So easy to use. Three shots I went for the low flighted spinner on decent greens. The stuck and only rolled out about three feet.

Getting my wedges dialed in and not disappointed with my results,
Screenshot_20210713-091009.jpg
Still working some on shorter chips but not really concerned, 0-25 is usually bump and run territory for me which chipping stats don't reflect. 25-50 I am going for the pin!

I really dig those full face grooves. I think I'm going to need one of those. What has been your experience with them so far?
In speaking strictly to the full face grooves, I’m starting to get more comfortable with them. My issue with the full face grooves is that I like to use the vertical line created from the grooves for alignment, much like a putter. In that manner it has taken a bit of adjustment. That said, I have noticed additional spin from when I miss towards the toe (my typical miss) or when I open the face. I had one on Monday that dropped and stopped when I opened the face which was really nice. Felt a bit towards the toe so was afraid it was going to knuckle out but it didn’t. I’m a believer in the tech.

In speaking strictly to the full face grooves, I’m starting to get more comfortable with them. My issue with the full face grooves is that I like to use the vertical line created from the grooves for alignment, much like a putter. In that manner it has taken a bit of adjustment. That said, I have noticed additional spin from when I miss towards the toe (my typical miss) or when I open the face. I had one on Monday that dropped and stopped when I opened the face which was really nice. Felt a bit towards the toe so was afraid it was going to knuckle out but it didn’t. I’m a believer in the tech.
That miss toward the toe is what intrigues me the most as that is my miss on greenside chips typically. I didn't receive SB wedges but you can be sure I'll be picking one up if thats what I can look forward too haha.

I have been trying a few new chipping and pitching techniques and I don't think I am doing them right as I am not seeing great results. I am getting better but its not there yet. I will say that these wedges are going farther than my MD4's I had previously which were long. Full and partial wedges are longer than I am used to which is taking some time to dial that in. Now I got these when the temps started to go over 100 so the heat could have something to do with it. Out of sand these are performing great. I haven't seen any issue that wasn't end user. They just flat out perform. I have seen these do the 1 hop and stop on pitches or they roll out. That again is user error but I think that as I get more comfortable with technique I will get this dialed in. They sit fantastic for me and the scallop really does work (duh).
I am with Ricardo on this. I also had MD4s and they are just wildly different from the snakeskins. The wedges are taking time to adjust, some rounds are better than others. But this last round on Sunday around the green, I finally starting to see some great results, and 4 chips to within inches to save par. I think I need some quality range time with the 52 degree.
But as I have stated before the winner of the wedges so far is the 58 wide low. It's a gem out of green side bunkers. That club will be in my bag for a very long time.

I straight dunked one yesterday with my 58. Was a bit short sided, open the face, got a nice pop up and it dropped straight in. Been awhile since I’ve chipped in so that was nice and don’t think I’ve ever flew it in.

I just need to save a couple of those for October.

I straight dunked one yesterday with my 58. Was a bit short sided, open the face, got a nice pop up and it dropped straight in. Been awhile since I’ve chipped in so that was nice and don’t think I’ve ever flew it in.

I just need to save a couple of those for October.
I have yet to have that happen, but I will tell you I come close A LOT to hole one out from the GSB with the 58. Really a great club

I am really loving my 53* and 58* SB wedges.I feel super confident from inside 100 yards. I’ve started using only my 58* for everything green side and can hit it low or high. There is absolutely no shot that I do not feel is possible with these in the bag.
One of the reason I just made a ball change is they were ripping the covers on my Cut Blues.

Flattened my lie on this from stock to 2* flat to help out with my consistency issues on shots around the green and has helped tremendously with avoiding shots on the thinner side of the spectrum. Have had this in play since release and by far are easier to hit on 3/4 to full shots than my old PM grinds I had previously.

Back