Introducing King Cobra Wedges

I regret only getting one of these. I got a 56 versatile. It’s two degrees flat and gets used for 90% of shots inside of 105 yards. I like it as much as any wedge I’ve ever hit. It’s a close race between this and my beloved King Tours for favorites.

I agree. Now that I am getting dialed in I am able to flight these and spin them really well. I like them better than the Vokey's they replaced at least during the summer firm turf. This winter we will see how they handle the moosh.

I can confidently say I prefer these over the Vokeys and I’ve been a die hard TItleist guy for a long time! Only complaint is I wish they would offer a satin/black/raw finish.

We have a good video coming up on these tomorrow. It will be a separate thread

Finally! Been on back order since release day in March. Can’t wait to hit this baby.
60100BED-B8BD-4FE7-8425-04DC0A3536F0.jpeg

I have been gaming the 56 and 60 Snakebite wedges. I have developed a preference for wide soles in my shortest clubs so I went with the wide low. The spin is excellent as candidly I'm not a real strong hitter yet these stop well. I love the 56 and use it quite often as I have developed a confidence with it. The 60 is what I'd call the club of last resort. Flop shots, short forced carries requiring spin. It doesn't get hit often but Wow it gets the job done.

I have been gaming the 56 and 60 Snakebite wedges. I have developed a preference for wide soles in my shortest clubs so I went with the wide low. The spin is excellent as candidly I'm not a real strong hitter yet these stop well. I love the 56 and use it quite often as I have developed a confidence with it. The 60 is what I'd call the club of last resort. Flop shots, short forced carries requiring spin. It doesn't get hit often but Wow it gets the job done.

have to be the unsung hero of the Cobra line up. Really great wedges

These wedges held up to the challenge of mountain golf this weekend. Was able to get them to run out or spin when picking my line around the greens, assuming I hold up my end of the bargain. On full swings I just continue to see the hit and stop, nothing out or running spinning back which fits my game well. And still thinking the scallop to get a lower leading edge is underrated tech.

Took my 56* King Cobra to the range and around the green. Love how solid it feels at impact. Easy to aim. I like the chrome versus my black MIM wedges.
Glad I bought it. It stays in the bag.

Chipped one in on Friday! It hit my spot and released how I expected. The spin control and consistency is good on these. They seem to react well when I put in my part, now if only it could solve when I make my flip weak swipe at the ball when I lose focus…

Anyone who has these been able to compare to the new Callaway Jaws?

Anyone who has these been able to compare to the new Callaway Jaws?

I have both, but have not done a comparison. You will be here in a few weeks, I say you should do one :ROFLMAO:

I have both, but have not done a comparison. You will be here in a few weeks, I say you should do one :ROFLMAO:
Ok then I shall!

These wedges fly a lot further than I am used to. I came from MD4's and these wedges on full shots are 10-15 yds longer. The Modus shafts feel really good but I have not had a chance to really dial in my partial wedge shots. I am on a few different techniques right now so I am going to really dial this down in the next few weeks.

Around the green the chipping is fantastic though. Out of the bunker is easy work as well.

These wedges fly a lot further than I am used to. I came from MD4's and these wedges on full shots are 10-15 yds longer. The Modus shafts feel really good but I have not had a chance to really dial in my partial wedge shots. I am on a few different techniques right now so I am going to really dial this down in the next few weeks.

Around the green the chipping is fantastic though. Out of the bunker is easy work as well.
Do you think that is because of cleaner contact?

I am hoping to try the OL version someday. I ended up getting some others off the rack because I couldn’t find these and have been on back order. I saw @Bowtiepower00 got some OL ones: how do you like them? If your review is elsewhere, point me in the right direction :)

Do you think that is because of cleaner contact?
It might be because I activate my glutes now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I haven't noticed cleaner contact really. I did also drop 40 lbs so the belly isn't getting in the way any more either. The shaft changed from KBS 610 wedges to the Modus 125 wedge. I like the feel better but that could be the issue as well.

I am hoping to try the OL version someday. I ended up getting some others off the rack because I couldn’t find these and have been on back order. I saw @Bowtiepower00 got some OL ones: how do you like them? If your review is elsewhere, point me in the right direction :)

I wish I had some more info to give you. I haven’t got out much. And my last round was a tournament with @tucsoncacti so I didn’t want to make any major changes prior to that round. So I’ve hit about 3 range shots and one shot during a practice round. And I still haven’t used my grandsport 35. I am chipping better than I ever have with my MD4. So didn’t want to mess things up.

That being said, I had the 56 versatile bent 1* weak, to match up to my Rad SW at 1* strong for that full internet golfer gapping, lol. I’m not a huge fan of the SW yet- but I’m absolutely deadly with my GW.

I hit the OL wedge beautifully, and it is absolutely as easy to hit as my MD4, but they were all full swings without choking up around a green. My plan at this point is to keep them both in the bag, and use the MD4 as a rock club and as a “comfort” club as I adjust to the OL concept around the greens.

If I get out again I will use the OL wedge exclusively- didn’t want to throw off my game before the tournament. I might be heading out of town for work and if that’s the case I won’t be able to get a round in for several months. If I have any updates I’ll post them here.

That being said, @tucsoncacti has 3 of the snakebites (VL) in his bag, and if his usage is any indication, they are amazing clubs.

I wish I had some more info to give you. I haven’t got out much. And my last round was a tournament with @tucsoncacti so I didn’t want to make any major changes prior to that round. So I’ve hit about 3 range shots and one shot during a practice round. And I still haven’t used my grandsport 35. I am chipping better than I ever have with my MD4. So didn’t want to mess things up.

That being said, I had the 56 versatile bent 1* weak, to match up to my Rad SW at 1* strong for that full internet golfer gapping, lol. I’m not a huge fan of the SW yet- but I’m absolutely deadly with my GW.

I hit the OL wedge beautifully, and it is absolutely as easy to hit as my MD4, but they were all full swings without choking up around a green. My plan at this point is to keep them both in the bag, and use the MD4 as a rock club and as a “comfort” club as I adjust to the OL concept around the greens.

If I get out again I will use the OL wedge exclusively- didn’t want to throw off my game before the tournament. I might be heading out of town for work and if that’s the case I won’t be able to get a round in for several months. If I have any updates I’ll post them here.

That being said, @tucsoncacti has 3 of the snakebites (VL) in his bag, and if his usage is any indication, they are amazing clubs.
I have chipping well with my OL set wedges lately. Fwiw, I have also been chipping well with the 54/60 variable wedges as well. That said, I haven’t felt great with full swings on the VL wedges and want to give these a go sometime. Just haven’t been able to find them and trying to live vicariously through those that have them.

This wedge creates a slight regret from ordering my Morgan Cup bag. I’m a one wedge guy. 56 bent to 55, open it up, use the scallop, create shots and enjoy. Enjoy so much I wish I would have not gotten the 7 wood and gotten a 60 wide low grind.

Is there any real difference in performance between the Pur, King MIM and Snakebite wedges?

Is there any real difference in performance between the Pur, King MIM and Snakebite wedges?
Groove types, And full face grooves on Snakebite higher lofts.

I believe the Morgan Cuppers have a mix of those, not sure if anyone has any direct comparisons in hand. Might have to do a chip off in Vegas!

I know Cobra will market every new wedge as more forgiving, higher spinning, etc but in a direct comparison used by the average mid-handicap golfer, will they really perform significantly better? That you'd notice.

Maybe on toe strikes with the full face, but is an extra couple of hundred rpm of backspin significant for mid level hackers like myself?

That isn't trying to pooh pooh any of them, just a genuine question/concern.

I personally have not hit the PUR wedges but the difference in the MIM and SB are feel to me. The MIM process being molded actually felt soft when I tested them out. It was nice and my original thought was to get the SB in the 58* to get the full face and the MIM in the 54* to get the softer feel around the greens. I don't think I will make them perform any different based on spin or distance but the feel part was very real to me.

I'm not sure about this yet BUT I am a big fan of the performance. @Jman probably loves it

IMG_0359.jpg

Back