Introducing King Cobra Wedges

I went one wedge 56 degree. This is the club I expect to spend the most time practicing with.

This is the one club from my Morgan Cup order that I am truly excited about today. Of course I want to hit all of the other clubs but I have not seen many reviews on this club yet. I want to compare to my MD4 and Zipcore and also test out a few different balls against as well.

I still have yet to see these in person anywhere! :(

I still have yet to see these in person anywhere! :(
Don't feel bad, I haven't seen any of the 2021 Cobra offerings! 🥺

Don't feel bad, I haven't seen any of the 2021 Cobra offerings! 🥺
I got teased on saturday when I thought the guy said he had the copper king tours only to find that they were the RF blades. :(

I am excited to test these against my Zipcores as well. That said, its a high bar as I have been throwing a few darts with the Zipcores. Pulled back a nice 60 yard pitch yesterday.

I might have to do a side-by-side comparison at the local pitch and putt when they come in.

I got teased on saturday when I thought the guy said he had the copper king tours only to find that they were the RF blades. :(
I saw the copper king tours in the wild, just happened to be at the shop when an order got delivered. They look even better in person, in my opinion.

The more I use this thing the more I really like it.

I can’t wait to get them out and see what’s going on. I’m a bit of a short game geek. Might be because I can’t find a fairway but 🤷‍♂️

The 56 is magic out of bunkers. I popped one out, landed past the hole and it backed up. That got some looks. The question is did I hit a good bunker shot or did I just hit a flop shot off sand?

I really like these, might add them to my primary set of clubs and send the Glide 3.0s down for my Florida set.

Been thinking about the lob wedge in this release a lot lately. I love the full face grooves and the wide low bounce has piqued my curiosity as to how it would compare to other options.

Been thinking about the lob wedge in this release a lot lately. I love the full face grooves and the wide low bounce has piqued my curiosity as to how it would compare to other options.
The wedges are one the one thing coming in my MC bag that I am dieing to get my hands on! Full face groove goodness! 🙂

First round the the SB wedges. It was a mixed bag today. I am so used to my MD4s, that this will take some adjustment. I will say short chips of less that 10 yards were easy to control, my issue was from that 11 yard to 20 yard shot. I just had trouble getting the right tempo. These are going to take time, but was really impressed buy how I can finesse the ball when just off the green, and close to pin. I did not get that feeling as much from the mack daddy's. Screenshot_20210528-143327.jpg

I have the 60 degree snake bite I’ve been messing around with until the Morgan Cup one comes and I will say it’s the best wedge I’ve ever used. I really enjoy the full face grooves and the versatile grind is perfect for me

Having put a few rounds on these now, the 58*W/L is amazing out of the sand and around the greens. The 54*V is phenomenal with the low hard checking chip when I have some green to work with.
Both are right on par with my SM8s in the spin department (perceived based on visual spin and ground reaction). Looks wise these outshine the vokeys by a solid margin.

Having put a few rounds on these now, the 58*W/L is amazing out of the sand and around the greens. The 54*V is phenomenal with the low hard checking chip when I have some green to work with.
Both are right on par with my SM8s in the spin department (perceived based on visual spin and ground reaction). Looks wise these outshine the vokeys by a solid margin.

Glad to read that you’re still in the honeymoon phase. Looking forward to teeing it up next month and seeing these perform in person

Took my Morgan Cup SBs out for a spin on the chipping green and boy oh boy. Flop....good, hop and stop...good, bunker....good. They are super easy to hit and they check up as expected.

The first round with the SBs on course did not disappoint. I had one hole that I flubbed a chip but other than that I had a lot of great wedge shots today. My partial shot distances are not dialed in but the chips around the green are fantastic.

Are the 54 degree wedges coming back in Canada anytime soon? Fees like it's been out of stock for weeks. It's the only loft that's not available in a custom build. It's available locally, but I was hoping to buy through cobra to get the smart grip built in

First foray with the wedges today. Really enjoyed the cut out on the back. It really framed the ball and allowed for the club to sit low. Made easy work of a few tight lies. Still need to dial them in a bit, everything was a bit long on me.

First foray with the wedges today. Really enjoyed the cut out on the back. It really framed the ball and allowed for the club to sit low. Made easy work of a few tight lies. Still need to dial them in a bit, everything was a bit long on me.
The scallop is legit! Leading edge sits just perfect for me with the snakebites

The scallop is legit! Leading edge sits just perfect for me with the snakebites
So far it’s the clear differentiator for me compared to other wedges.
Plus that chrome is shiny if you are into that.

I have always favored a bit lower lofted club to chip and pitch with but I love the full face wedges so I was really excited to see Cobra put the full face on a 56*. This will be exciting to test for me. 20210530_212515.jpg20210530_212526.jpg

Starting to get the wedges dialed in a bit. Put two within 15’ from 100 yards tonight messing around during an evening nine. I think switching to the Recoil 95 shafts has been a bit of adjustment but now that I’ve got the feeling it’s really nice. It feels like I have better control and tempo with the lighter shaft from what I was coming from.

Also, not sure how much is the grind and scallop, but these just seem to sit straight and then fly straight.

Back