Introduction from a non golfer

Kindyr

Reaction score
Greetings, I am very new to the forum so I hope I don't make any faux pas of culture as I learn the tempermant of the forum. Always seems best to start with an introduction, especially as a non golfer on a very specific golfing forum.

My name is Shawn and I live near Springfield IL. Not counting driving range fooling around, I have played golf twice, many years ago with my grandfather before he passed away.

What I do play, and what brings me here, is a Live Action Role Playing game. It involves a bunch of people, dressing in approximately medieval or fantasy costumes, and mock battling with safely padded weapon replicas we call boffers. One the the best bases for those replicas is the shaft from a graphite golf club. Often we will pick them up from second hand stores. Many years ago I was on a golf pro forum and made connections with a group of golf pros who had shafts that were trash to them, but treasure to our group. That forum closed several years ago and I am now in planning for a large recruitment drive for the new year and for that I need to build up a stockpile of materials, starting with the golf club shafts.

So that is the short version of who I am and why I am here. If anybody is interested in the game, we are international and all over the US, so I would be happy to help direct you to a group local to you.

Welcome to THP! This is a great place to learn about the game

I’m not certain you read the post :p

I did and I’m wondering if they’ve priced out 1/2”x10’ pvc from the home center

A combination of too heavy and too whippy. The game used PVC for a long time and some players still do. There also some concerns regarding how it breaks when it does(and it breaks more frequently than golf shafts do)

Welcome to THP.

See this is another reason why I love THP. The opportunity for crossover interest that connect people and the things they love. Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP, from another over-taxed Illinoisan.

Back