Wouldn’t you want to turn off “Record App Tracking” to minimize adds, etc?
From what I understand from reading up on it, App Tracking means that iOS is watching the apps and telling you what they're doing. It tattles on them as far as what information they're getting from your phone and what they're doing with it.

I just installed on my iPad mini 4. Be very curious how it runs

Wouldn’t you want to turn off “Record App Tracking” to minimize adds, etc?

This is actually a report by the iOS that shows you what they are tracking app wise. It shows you the last 7 days of what the apps were tracking. I tried it last night. Was pretty creepy lol

I have yet to do the upgrade on either my phone or iPad.... Not really looking forward to it either but I will upgrade like a good little drone.

Tried to do the update last night and my internet (Satellite internet) just sucks and wouldn't do the update! Ugh:mad::mad:

I’m good with the phone update, but the iPad is still taking some getting used to for the Safari browser. I just don’t like it still.

I’m good with the phone update, but the iPad is still taking some getting used to for the Safari browser. I just don’t like it still.
Today is the first day I’ve really messed around with the new Safari. I think I actually like it so far. The URL bar on the bottom takes some getting used to, but it’s growing on me.

Today is the first day I’ve really messed around with the new Safari. I think I actually like it so far. The URL bar on the bottom takes some getting used to, but it’s growing on me.

I don’t mind the phone, it’s the iPad Safari browser I don’t like.

Wow already an update

That's nice! I have no idea how iOS works, since I do not have a smart phone. I have a slightly smarter than average flip phone! And yes! They still make those!

My buddy has an Android smart phone, and when he got a new one he called his step-son to help set it up. His stepson started out Droid, but switched to iPhone some time in the past. He said that he had forgotten how easy it was to set up a Droid phone! I don't enjoy "setting things up"! I want something to be handed to me ready to go! Like a wrench or a hammer! I don't want to have to jump through a bunch of hoops in order to make the gizmo work! The closer these tech companies get to my ideal, will be that they make themselvews more attractive to me! Otherwise, I'm out!

I upgraded iOS 15 last week , only to have it crash work apps , and render my day to day work inaccessible, IT , executed dark arts magic and its back functioning .

Not au fait with all the nuances , doesn’t affect me very much only basic operation only . And don’t fret the version adjustments .

Wow already an update
Mostly just a quick fix for the issue where the Apple Watch wasn’t unlocking the phone, I think. People were going nuts over that.

I just downloaded last night on my phone, did it a few days earlier on the iPad but haven't messed too much with it.

I might have to upload this later tonight once I am on WiFi.
A new feature that they describe in the update notes that you can opt into prior to upgrading to IOS15 is being able to hide your email on websites that ask for an email to sign up. It will set you up a fake address and forward any emails to your real email. Pretty useful tool.

@JB figured out how to get rid of the color bar at the top of Safari from the tablet and I found it from the desktop. I am SO glad that is gone, I hated it!

I might have to upload this later tonight once I am on WiFi.
A new feature that they describe in the update notes that you can opt into prior to upgrading to IOS15 is being able to hide your email on websites that ask for an email to sign up. It will set you up a fake address and forward any emails to your real email. Pretty useful tool.

Really? You don't want to get their e-mails, yet you still do! After thinking about it a while, I thought that it would prevent them from selling your real e-mail to other peopl. But them, they would sell them your fake e-mail, which they would then forward to you! So, how are you farther ahead? Unless there are other safe guards built in.

Can you no longer clear notifications from the banner?

Really? You don't want to get their e-mails, yet you still do! After thinking about it a while, I thought that it would prevent them from selling your real e-mail to other peopl. But them, they would sell them your fake e-mail, which they would then forward to you! So, how are you farther ahead? Unless there are other safe guards built in.
It doesnt create an email that continuously forwards. It creates a one time email that forwards. Useful for a one time checkout on a site or for sites the sites that say "to keep reading, enter your email address".

It doesnt create an email that continuously forwards. It creates a one time email that forwards. Useful for a one time checkout on a site or for sites the sites that say "to keep reading, enter your email address".
You can keep the 'burner' email addresses and let them forward for as long as you want to, and delete them whenever you feel like it - they're not just one-use throwaways. Cnet explains it in this article.

It would come in handy if you create a unique one for each vendor, mailing list, etc. you subscribe to - by looking at the amount of junk emails you get from each one, you can tell who sells your information and who doesn't.

Back