Bamboobender Both days
Sleuth. Saturday Sun?
Nomadic_duffer Sat only

Last edited:
Location - somewhere in Iowa

Date - sometime in 2016

Courses - TBD

Format - TBD

And here I thought it'd be somewhere in Nebraska. Thanks for the heads up, haha! :D

d0c0f689c92266bb34555a2d8c6d4b5b.jpg

We may not do state v state this time around, but a golden farm animal (provided by 2015 winner Team Iowa), will be up for grabs.

not that i'm totally for sure, but I would think we could probably say this will be a Ryder Cup format, or similar. Not sure about doing singles, but maybe. And maybe it will be actual teams of 6+, or maybe it'll just be 2 man teams.

One thing is for sure, it WILL be awesome.

~Rock

not that i'm totally for sure, but I would think we could probably say this will be a Ryder Cup format, or similar. Not sure about doing singles, but maybe. And maybe it will be actual teams of 6+, or maybe it'll just be 2 man teams.

~Rock

For singles, you could do 2 9 hole matches and then just have 2 players from each team play each other and switch who they are playing after 9 holes. Just a thought.

~Rock
I'm going to go ahead and put my vote out for teams larger than two-somes. Hopefully, at least 6 per team. Having that multi person team aspect adds to it, IMO.

d0c0f689c92266bb34555a2d8c6d4b5b.jpg

We may not do state v state this time around, but a golden farm animal (provided by 2015 winner Team Iowa), will be up for grabs.

I'm going to go ahead and put my vote out for teams larger than two-somes. Hopefully, at least 6 per team. Having that multi person team aspect adds to it, IMO.
I agree. Larger teams are more fun to me. As seen here.

948b55b0ae19d055fe483eadb28791a6.jpg

~Rock

I'd love to see larger teams, it would probably be easier logistically too.

I'd love to see larger teams, it would probably be easier logistically too.

I hope to represent Team Minnesota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohhh the memories. Iowa has sure been fun the past couple of years. Can someone get @hawk to get himself out there this year? Maybe we can just pull him out of the house on our way through :)

I vote for 6 man teams.... but it'll depend on how many folks we can get to come. Seems we have a tough time getting above that 15 man limit.

Even if we end up with some odd number, we are going to make it work. The more peeps, the merrier.

Not that anything is set in stone, because it's not, but I believe we could probably set this up to be 2 teams. Probably appoint a captain, who can name co-captains if he chooses to, and then in true ryder cup fashion, set the lineups for the actual competitions.

This allows the Iowa outing to be flexible, both for the inevitable last minute drop outs, and additions, of attendees.

~Rock

Ohhh the memories. Iowa has sure been fun the past couple of years. Can someone get @hawk to get himself out there this year? Maybe we can just pull him out of the house on our way through :)

I vote for 6 man teams.... but it'll depend on how many folks we can get to come. Seems we have a tough time getting above that 15 man limit.

Someone may have to just call out Hawk for that one....and Jrod.

But yea, if we do 6 man teams and get 15 people to attend, the easiest solution is to have 6 per team compete per round, and have some 'sit out' (of course, they still play, just not accumulate points). Much like the actual ryder cup, where not everyone is playing for their team every round. And again, that also makes it easier for last minute additions and drop outs.

~Rock

Yeah, we do a Ryder Cup event in October with 2 teams of 30-36 guys. It works out well.

Not that anything is set in stone, because it's not, but I believe we could probably set this up to be 2 teams. Probably appoint a captain, who can name co-captains if he chooses to, and then in true ryder cup fashion, set the lineups for the actual competitions.

This allows the Iowa outing to be flexible, both for the inevitable last minute drop outs, and additions, of attendees.

~Rock

Works for me as long as you're on my team!

~Rock
I'd be up for that, I'll even volunteer to be a captain!

I agree with the more than two person teams and obviously I am in for whatever it is.

I can't stop thinking about these.....

Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Ice-Cream-Sandwich.jpg

Thanks @manlai!!

I'm liking the Minnesota contingent we are seeing here.

~Rock

All I can say is that I really hope this is on a weekend where I can join as it's a ton of fun.

~Rock
Me to, so cool to see a caravan coming from IL and MN!!!

All I can say is that I really hope this is on a weekend where I can join as it's a ton of fun.

I will block off my calendar for the year until a date is finalized ....or until my wife has to put in for her summer vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should move it to Council Bluffs/Omaha area....so it can be more of a boarder war event.

Plus, if this finally works out for me, I'd love to attend! May and June are my two "bad months", outside of that, I MAY be able to work something out.

ALSO, Team Kansas? Who's coming with me?

I am in no matter the date. Great group of guys, comfortable play and a lot of laughs.

~Rock

Last year you guys said we need to bring more and I am sure we will.

Back