That one is right down the road from me! That course would make for a fun challenge.
So you're certainly close enough for this event when it happens! ?

So you're certainly close enough for this event when it happens! ?

Definitely! I would love to be a part of this. Sounds like a little bit of fun was had last year.

There are some great choices near DM and Ames.

TCI, that's all I've got to say!

Love that course.

Ummmm... Yes. Yes, I'd like to stop there, for sure.
I may like Coldwater better... One more round and I can decide ?

I may like Coldwater better... One more round and I can decide 
Coldwater: The only course in Iowa to host all 6 Iowa Amateur Championships

I'll throw another course in the mix, I've always driven by Otter Creek and wondered what it's like.

I'll throw another course in the mix, I've always driven by Otter Creek and wondered what it's like.
Ain't as special as you would think.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

That's where I got my hole in one during a thp unofficial gathering.

That's where I got my hole in one during a thp unofficial gathering.
You mean the downhill par 3? That was Beaver Creek. Otter Creek is along I 35 in Ankeny closest to the Hawk Days Inn.

You mean the downhill par 3? That was Beaver Creek. Otter Creek is along I 35 in Ankeny closet to the Hawk Days Inn.

I knew it had Creek in it ?

They ALL have Creek in their names. Lol

How's The Legacy course I'm seeing outside of Des Moines? Looks nice.

I golfed there a year or so ago. I thought it was nice. And not that far away from Zombie Burger!

It's nice and challenging. They have a couple greens that are a bit wonky with severe slope which makes even 5 footers extremely hard. I recommend this place. In the DSM metro area it really is either this course to TCI as the better public courses.

Yeah, we've played TCI 3 or 4 times so if we can throw something new in if we're in Des Moines area.... I'd like to try this. Of course I leave it all in the planners hands :)

It's nice and challenging. They have a couple greens that are a bit wonky with severe slope which makes even 5 footers extremely hard. I recommend this place. In the DSM metro area it really is either this course to TCI as the better public courses.

Wait...none of you have connections to some Ultra Exclusive awesome private course in Iowa? Is there one? lol I kid!

Wait...none of you have connections to some Ultra Exclusive awesome private course in Iowa? Is there one? lol I kid!

I've already asked. I'm not allowed to bring more than 3 guests on the weekends. And 8 (or two foursomes) maximum M-Th.

I've already asked. I'm not allowed to bring more than 3 guests on the weekends. And 8 (or two foursomes) maximum M-Th.

Bummer! I'm pretty sure I can get a few people on Prairie Dunes in Hutchinson, but same thing on number of people...and my contact hasn't lived here in town for about 3 years. Oh, and last I asked it was still $250 a person for 18 and a cart...so there's that, too.

It looks quite nice, I'd be up for trying some new courses this year, with so many lodging options around DM shouldn't be hard to find a good deal.

Was suppose to play there Lagacy in the Fall with my boss , but got busy and had to cancel. Hopefully this spring.

I'm sure the powers that be are monitoring the situation :)

It looks quite nice, I'd be up for trying some new courses this year, with so many lodging options around DM shouldn't be hard to find a good deal.

Was suppose to play there Lagacy in the Fall with my boss , but got busy and had to cancel. Hopefully this spring.

Des Moines is only a little over 4 hours from me, definitely doable. I'd love to take part in this, that is if you guys will have a South Dakotan!

Back