iPad mini, anyone got one?

slodsm

Hybrid hooker
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm DYING to get an iPad or a mini, I spend 6 months of the year at home on my comfortable couch near my comfortable club doing happy things and the other 6 months in S Texas living in a trailer in the desert at work where my only entertainment comes from my iPhone 5. I don't take my laptop because I have limited room etc but an iPad seems like it would be the deal for me. I don't believe I want one with cellular, I can just use my iPhone as a hotspot and surf the web off of it. I'd prefer it as a reader, larger screen to surf the web, play games etc over my phone. Anyone regret getting the mini over the full size? I'm strongly leaning towards the smaller one but I'd like to hear from owners first.

I have had both. I had the original Ipad, and then my wife bought me the ipad mini this christmas as I was looking for something a little smaller and portable. I prefer the mini. The reason I prefer the mini is it just seems to fit better in my hands and seems more "portable" I am able to slide the mini in my back pocket of my work pants with no issue. For all the reasons I use my iPad, the mini fits the bill and it operates perfectly as a reader for me. I did think my original ipad was a little to big to be used as a reader, but was better for game play if that makes sense. For web surfing they both seemed to be about even. With the cost of the mini being less that was the reason I asked for the mini and I have not been disappointed.

Hope that helps.

We just picked one up this week for the office, I love the fact that you can hold onto it with one hand!

Ipad mini has been awesome for me. I have a MacBook and barely use it now that I have this awesome device.

I ended up buying the Nexus 7 over the iPad Mini, but I love the size. I use my smaller tablet much more than I use any of our larger ones.

Thanks for the replies guys. Erky I contemplated a different OS because the Samsung Galaxy Tab2 is about half the price but I have a small fortune in book on iBooks so it would be more sensible to keep going with Apple products since I've got so much music/movies/etc tied into Apple.

We have both iPad and mini. Kids love the mini. I prefer the iPad for only one reason - the size of the screen. A full-size iPad is not a big device IMO so ill take the additional screen real estate. Comes in handy for reading books and magazines and watching shows & movies.

If you go with a mini, wait a few months for the retina display in the upcoming update.

I love my Mini. I have had iPads Gen 1-3 and I think the Mini is what works best. Then again my main machine is a 13" Air, so the full size iPad is pretty similar in size. For consuming mobile content, it works really great. And the complaints about the screen are overblown, the screen on the Mini is fantastic.

Then again my main machine is a 13" Air, so the full size iPad is pretty similar in size.

I'm wanting to go to a macbook as well when I finally kill this Dell. I got tied up in the "let's fix this laptop instead of replacing it" with my Dell Inspirion and seriously it spiraled out of control thanks to "techs" (I use the word very loosely, like calling a fry cook a chef) who bungled everything about it and I've now got more money tied up into this thing than I would had just just bought a new one in the first place. Oh well, live and learn.

And the complaints about the screen are overblown, the screen on the Mini is fantastic.

I agree. The mini display is excellent. However their is a retina version just around the corner, so if not in a hurry I'd wait for that, or maybe the current screen for less. If they keep the current version it will be less expensive. Can't lose either way.

I bought an iPad mini in January and haven't put it down since. Web browsing, ibooks, social media apps…I'm hooked. Im typing this post on it. I did not get one with cell service and simply rely on wifi when available. When its not, i stick to games and books that don't require an internet connection. And, I prefer the smaller size of the mini to the iPad, but I'm sure that's just my preference.

I'm really liking the keyboard in both orientations on the mini. Very easy to use!

Back