I think there has been a mouse you can use with Citrix for a while too without resorting to the accessibility options. I don’t know if it works with Remote Desktop though
I think it kinda works with RDP.

I really wish the mouse implementation was better.

My wife and three kids have MacBook Air or Pros and I have an 12.9" iPad Pro. My two college students tell me they'd go iPad Pro if they could do it over again so they could easily take notes in class. My son has a Mac mini in his dorm room and uses it more than his MacBook.

I tend to agree with you, as the ability to have a single device plus a cheap tablet like an iPad mini for purely consumption things would be ideal. Right now I kind of need a laptop and my iPad because I do so much with text.

The thing that drove me insane the most with the surface is that the machine would lose 10-15% of battery while sleeping over two days. In the same time my iPad (and my Macs for that matter) lose at most 1%.

Interesting development with my iPad as I added the keyboard case. They say it drains about 3% an hour. My usage says it drains closer to 8% an hour.

Photoshop finally coming (as we learned last year), but it looks like its missing some features. For me, I am not sure that will matter, but it is interesting.

Question for iPad users. Anybody else suffer from the terrible unresponsive aspect when charging? Its a known issue, for most models and Apple has acknowledged the problem, this has been an issue going back to 10.5 iPad Pro.

I use an iPad Pro (12.9" version) and it effectively does everything that a laptop does. You can have multiple screens and apps open at the same time. You can use a pencil to draw on screen and take notes. You can use an external keyboard and bluetooth mouse. You can plug in external storage devices to increase your file capacity. You have internet access, email, calendar, to do list, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, edit photos with Photoshop, Affinity and Lightroom.

It is a beast.

Question for iPad users. Anybody else suffer from the terrible unresponsive aspect when charging? Its a known issue, for most models and Apple has acknowledged the problem, this has been an issue going back to 10.5 iPad Pro.

I have not - at least not to my knowledge. But also haven't used my iPad as much lately since I've been doing some side projects that I need my laptop for. I've got a bunch to do the next few days where the iPad is great, so I'll keep an eye out for this.

So my 10.5 iPad Pro died on me. Well technically it didn’t die, it just had a dark bar running through the middle of it. Getting it fixed was more expensive than a new one, so for the holidays, GG got me a new iPad Pro with 2nd gen pencil and keyboard case that I wanted.

Getting it all set up now, but so far so good.

So my 10.5 iPad Pro died on me. Well technically it didn’t die, it just had a dark bar running through the middle of it. Getting it fixed was more expensive than a new one, so for the holidays, GG got me a new iPad Pro with 2nd gen pencil and keyboard case that I wanted.

It ain’t Christmas yet LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The magnetic attachment for the 2nd generation pencil is such a nice quality of life addition.

The magnetic attachment for the 2nd generation pencil is such a nice quality of life addition.

Definitely Is. While I wish I didn’t have to replace my previous in less than 3 years, the new device seems solid.

My mom's macbook has died. She uses her laptop for browsing, emails, and organizing family photos and that's about it. She has embraced her iphone over the last year and has gotten fairly confident using it. To keep things simple as possible, we are going to get her either an iPad Pro with the keyboard or a laptop. For someone like her, who is not the most technically savvy, would the iPad Pro present any issues for her using in place of a laptop?

Just upgraded to the new MacBook Pro 13 inch, my old one was 2013 model. Still use the Mac mini for a desktop at the house.

I've been carrying both an iPad and laptop for the last several years and my laptop use has dropped enough that I only used it in my hotel room rather than tether it to my iPad. Most of this year I've only carried my iPad and I can do pretty much everything I need so I'm going to upgrade it to a Pro pretty soon and just run with it. With O365 and the ability to remote into my work desktop anywhere I have cell service I'm pretty much golden especially since I got my bluetooth credit card deal that takes chip cards, swipes, apple/android pay. It saves a bunch on weight and since my home PC turned into a sim it'll be nice to have my laptop set up in my office if I need it.

My mom's macbook has died. She uses her laptop for browsing, emails, and organizing family photos and that's about it. She has embraced her iphone over the last year and has gotten fairly confident using it. To keep things simple as possible, we are going to get her either an iPad Pro with the keyboard or a laptop. For someone like her, who is not the most technically savvy, would the iPad Pro present any issues for her using in place of a laptop?

I don’t see why it would. iPad OS is close enough to her iPhone OS that it should be pretty seamless for her to switch to an iPad. Especially since she’s coming from a MacBook.

I don’t see why it would. iPad OS is close enough to her iPhone OS that it should be pretty seamless for her to switch to an iPad. Especially since she’s coming from a MacBook.

Thanks. That's my thought as well. Plus, I'm assuming the ipad will be lighter and easier to transport.

Thanks. That's my thought as well. Plus, I'm assuming the ipad will be lighter and easier to transport.
Yeah. Probably. The biggest issue is always going to be applications. If she’s using the native photos app for pictures it should be fine, if she’s using photoshop or some special application it may be a learning curve.

I have gone almost exclusively to the iPad for image editing.
Still using the computer for video editing, due to a number of factors, including FCPX not being available on iPads. What's interesting is how many great apps there are for images, that handle work flow really well.

I have gone almost exclusively to the iPad for image editing.
Still using the computer for video editing, due to a number of factors, including FCPX not being available on iPads. What's interesting is how many great apps there are for images, that handle work flow really well.

I think this is where the iPad excels - I've done a lot of presentation work on mine as well. I just find it more pleasant to work with than a "traditional" computer. Where it falls down for me, big time, is anything having to do with text, which is where I spend most of my day. But Apple's main focus has always been creatives, so I'm not surprised. Not necessarily typing or writing - the keyboards I have are find for that, but manipulating/copy/pasting text.

It'd be a killer tool for research if that was better.

I think this is where the iPad excels - I've done a lot of presentation work on mine as well. I just find it more pleasant to work with than a "traditional" computer. Where it falls down for me, big time, is anything having to do with text, which is where I spend most of my day. But Apple's main focus has always been creatives, so I'm not surprised. Not necessarily typing or writing - the keyboards I have are find for that, but manipulating/copy/pasting text.

You are absolutely right. It is not fun to do simple text tasks. I also find it funny that you swipe up for the home screen from an app, but doing so with the new pencil is nearly impossible.

I mostly use an iPad at home and a desktop at work.

You are absolutely right. It is not fun to do simple text tasks. I also find it funny that you swipe up for the home screen from an app, but doing so with the new pencil is nearly impossible.

While we're on the subject of the pencil, I also wish that Preview switched to/from markup mode when you detatch and re-attach the pencil on the iPad Pro. It's a small thing, and I understand not all models have the magnetic pencil attachment, but would be a nice quality of life thing.

But still, I think this does a lot of stuff better than my surface ever did, especially with reading. But at the same time it kind of makes me wish for a better tablet experience on the Surface.

While we're on the subject of the pencil, I also wish that Preview switched to/from markup mode when you detatch and re-attach the pencil on the iPad Pro. It's a small thing, and I understand not all models have the magnetic pencil attachment, but would be a nice quality of life thing.

But still, I think this does a lot of stuff better than my surface ever did, especially with reading. But at the same time it kind of makes me wish for a better tablet experience on the Surface.

That goes back to the entire Apple vs Android thing. All devices have to perform identically on one of them, regardless if they have the same features.
I still cannot figure out why I cant swipe up with my pencil to go home. So I am forced to lean in and do so to switch apps. It is ******* maddening.

I haven’t paid much attention to the pencil, but does it have a copy/paste tap sequence?

Back