Iphone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have had threads on the previous releases, so might as well have one on these as well. Are you upgrading and if so, which one?
akrales_190913_3666_0391.21.jpg

Other than the battery not lasting as long as it used to my 8 Plus is still going strong and I don't plan on upgrading. The last couple of releases haven't had any "must have" features for me. Especially with the price they're charging now.

• Admin
Other than the battery not lasting as long as it used to my 8 Plus is still going strong and I don't plan on upgrading. The last couple of releases haven't had any "must have" features for me. Especially with the price they're charging now.

Im with you here. Still using my 8 and not even thinking about an upgrade. Will wait for USB C and 5G and until then, will stick through this one.

My Max is perfect for me, good all day battery and takes great pictures.

I just don't see myself moving from my Max yet.

My 6S is still good except for the Service status on my battery. I need to upgrade soon so probably the 11 Pro for me. I'm tired of carrying a charger cord with me everywhere I go

Yep, got the pro max. So far so good, but coming from a 7 plus I’m still getting used to some of the changes. Cameras seem really good so far

I went with the iPhone 11 pro max. The battery life is amazing and my favorite feature is the new camera functionality.
This is a picture taken camping this weekend in the dark.

Attachments

• 5945321B-631D-46FF-9D35-6DDEAB3E072C.jpeg
    5945321B-631D-46FF-9D35-6DDEAB3E072C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • 5D80CF9B-43DF-48D0-A0AD-FD0E828871CF.jpeg
    5D80CF9B-43DF-48D0-A0AD-FD0E828871CF.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
  • C2A37472-5D52-456B-B1E0-4E02A4ADE89C.jpeg
    C2A37472-5D52-456B-B1E0-4E02A4ADE89C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
Yea the low light camera is absolutely insane

I've got the 7 right now with the smart battery case from apple and it's holding up fine. However I'm going to have a bit of a change coming up so I may upgrade beforehand so that I don't have to worry about it later on. My guess would be the 11 pro, I think the max may be too big and I've never liked a big phone.

I have the X and my battery life has been not so great lately. I struggle to get through a full day now. I'm contemplating going to the Pro Max honestly because of the trade-in value. Although I'm still kicking the tires on jumping back to Android. I know I could always do that and hop back to Apple if I want. For me, I'd be getting a bigger screen, bigger battery, additional camera lens, night mode, and obviously the more powerful internals. I don't think it's a great update on paper compared to what I have, which is what makes me consider trying out the Note 10+. If I had the XS Max, I doubt I'd be interested in upgrading to this.

I have the Xs Max, the only reason I see to upgrade is because my daughter needs a new phone and I can’t stand the idea of her having a later version than me. Petty for sure but if I am paying the bill, too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hadn’t planned on upgrading either. It just so happened that my wife’s phone broke, so I pulled the trigger as well. We both ended up with 11s. After playing with them in the store, I just couldn’t justify the extra cost for the pro.

I’m pretty happy with it, but I definitely wouldn’t tell anyone it’s a must have upgrade.

I am receiving an 11 Pro tomorrow. I have a 7 plus and it gets beat up. It is starting to act wonkie. Plus, the battery capacity has diminished significantly. With the improved camera and battery life, it was worth upgrading to me.

I’m going to keep my X and wait another 12 months for the 5G iPhone. I’m sure my wife will upgrade her Xs Max before Christmas. She upgrades every year and gives her old phone to our youngest daughter.

Has anyone purchased the new iPhone 11 Pro? What are your thoughts about it? Are you glad you purchased it?

Anyone played with Night Mode vs something like NeuralCam?

Neural cam:
A2D008C9-5D3B-440A-BC66-2AE415E75270.jpeg

Night Mode:
01DD7E62-3A61-4444-A9E0-5E8933C3611A.jpeg

Neural Cam:
9DA36F86-F0C7-4C4B-B633-A9DE5796DBB2.jpeg

Night Mode:
3218093D-E9EC-4BCB-94E7-26FFFE4164C9.jpeg

I changed my perspective a bit on the last set and the night mode picture didn’t have the full effect of the street light, which helped it a bit I think. Overall I like the NeuralCam app quite a bit. Colors look better in extreme low light, vs night mode.

Last edited:
Will be waiting for 5g - still pretty happy with my XR

I went from the X to the 11 pro Max. My only complaint is that my cell reception is inconsistent and in some ways weaker. I can sit at my desk at work and see the bra fluctuate anywhere between 1-4 bars. I never had this on the X.

I went from the X to the 11 pro Max. My only complaint is that my cell reception is inconsistent and in some ways weaker. I can sit at my desk at work and see the bra fluctuate anywhere between 1-4 bars. I never had this on the X.

I have had network issues as well. Literally will just stop sending text messages and I have to reset the entire phone to get it back. guessing (hoping) it's a current release issue and it will be resolved soon. But man that's annoying when I had a perfectly good 7+ that I had to give my wife because she broke her phone haha.

I still have my X and my reception has been really inconsistent lately as well. Each of the last two weekends I've been in places where my wife's S10 has 3 bars of 4G, and I have less bars at less speed. Its a bit frustrating and was kind of pushing me to the 11 pro max, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet and it sounds like you are having somewhat of a similar experience that I currently have.

I just got the iPhone 11. Coming from the 7s it's a decent upgrade. I really like the 11 Pro Max in Midnight Green but just couldn't justify the extra cost.

I was waiting for a bit but my mom's phone died and I had to run in and get what I could so that she could have my 7. They were out of stock so I grabbed an xs. So far it's fine but as a business account I've got 30 days to decide if I want to keep it or go with the 11pro if it's in stock. I still want the 11 but we'll see if they have it in stock by the time I need to commit.

I still have my X and my reception has been really inconsistent lately as well. Each of the last two weekends I've been in places where my wife's S10 has 3 bars of 4G, and I have less bars at less speed. Its a bit frustrating and was kind of pushing me to the 11 pro max, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet and it sounds like you are having somewhat of a similar experience that I currently have.
My X was consistent but it has definitely been different in the 11. I suspects more of a carrier issue with the new antenna. I’ve read online about some people having their issue being fix by switching to an esim. This is something Sprint doesn’t support yet so I don’t know if it really is the answer.

I just know sitting in downtown Columbus in a high rise I used to have a more consistent signal. I have 3 bars right now. In five minutes it might be 1. It has interrupted my morning Howard Stern listening a few times.

Anyone played with Night Mode vs something like NeuralCam?

Neural cam:
View attachment 8911138

Night Mode:
View attachment 8911139

Neural Cam:
View attachment 8911142

Night Mode:
View attachment 8911141

I changed my perspective a bit on the last set and the night mode picture didn’t have the full effect of the street light, which helped it a bit I think. Overall I like the NeuralCam app quite a bit. Colors look better in extreme low light, vs night mode.

Now with night mode on the Iphone 11 Pro, is the 4.99 worth it for neutralcom app?

Back