there is a large group of people in our neighborhood that are fighting 5G tooth and nail. They are convinced that 5G will lead to the destruction of the world and the spread of cancer through all our children.
I've seen some of the conspiracy stuff floating around on the internetz. It's probably the same people who shake their fists at "chemtrails" and scream about us all being poisoned by them.

theres no point in buying 5g capability now, BUT i believe apple at the beginning of the year will come out with a 12 thats not 5g

theres no point in buying 5g capability now, BUT i believe apple at the beginning of the year will come out with a 12 thats not 5g

Why? Its backwards compatible.

Yeah, I should have realized... AT&T wouldn't have rolled out 5G that fast... especially in South Carolina... hell, there are a couple of areas on my commute that I lose signal and have for years....

so it's "enhanced LTE"... and not 5G. Sneaky AT&T marketing.

I certainly wouldn't NOT buy it because it has 5G, but I also wouldn't buy it if that was the only feature that I was upgrading for.

i was thinking that what you bought was what it is? or im all confused now, i have no idea but what you said blew my mind i guess i never thought of it that way LMAO

i was thinking that what you bought was what it is? or im all confused now, i have no idea but what you said blew my mind i guess i never thought of it that way LMAO
Their iPhone sales would suck if they weren't backward compatible with 4G, since about 99% of the nation isn't 5G capable and won't be for probably a couple years. There would be a lot of PO'ed buyers! :LOL:

I'm considering switching...but probably won't considering I just paid $200+ to have the screen replaced on my X.

I also need to upgrade one of my phones so I'm a little more interested in this release than usual.

I don't personally have a Camry but this makes sense.

Android phones are fantastic as long as you plan on upgrading every 2 years because you're not getting any software updates after 12-18 months unless it says Pixel on it.

For those with a short attention span, here's Apple's 51 second video summary of the release event today:

For those with a short attention span, here's Apple's 51 second video summary of the release event today:

I didn’t watch or read up yet but that seems like a bit of a let down from the rumors I was seeing.

Not an apple consumer, but sure as hell have stock ... hoping for a successful release for that alone haha

I didn’t watch or read up yet but that seems like a bit of a let down from the rumors I was seeing.
I've read a bit of the release info, digging into it bit by bit as more details come out. I like the new styling, but feature-wise I'm not seeing anything so far that's making me scream "Take my money!". It would be a great upgrade if I was still on my 7+, but coming from the XS I'm pretty "meh" so far on upgrading.

Not an apple consumer, but sure as hell have stock ... hoping for a successful release for that alone haha

I feel like the stock is priced to perfection or possibly overvalued right now with the P/E ratio around 37 after it's historically been in the teens. I've followed and owned/traded the stock through lots of large price swings since 2000 and I'm still bullish but it's always wise to ring the register and take some profits.

i think i'll be ordering a 12 Pro on friday ... at least i'm 90% sure

I'm due for an upgrade on my plan. Currently on an 8s I think. It's been 2 years.

Ive been rocking an Iphone 6 for about 5 years now. I bought a higher memory capacity back then and it has served me well all these years. Last week or so, I noticed a significant slow down in performance. Right about the same time, Apple announced the upcoming press event for the new iphone... Coincidence? I think not!

Either way, ive been mulling around the idea of upgrading for a while now. Ive already replaced the battery once about 2 years ago and it's performance is fading quickly.

Im pretty well set on the now discounted Iphone 11. However, the 5G capability of the 12 interests me, considering I am hoping to keep this phone another 5 years which would put us in much more accessible 5G coverage by then (hopefully) I just dont know if its worth the extra $200...

I decided to beat the crowds that will assemble on Friday. I ordered an Iphone 11 from apple, picked it up from the local apple store and had it activated within an hour. No crowds, no wait times, works so much better than my iphone 6!

I decided to beat the crowds that will assemble on Friday. I ordered an Iphone 11 from apple, picked it up from the local apple store and had it activated within an hour. No crowds, no wait times, works so much better than my iphone 6!

Why would their be crowds for the iPhone 11?
That can be had just about anywhere, right?

While I like to upgrade each year, I am waiting till next year and 5G uw coverage is more available and hoping Apple gets rid of the notch at the top.

You can also have them sent to your house and set it up within 15 minutes from your old phone...

You can also have them sent to your house and set it up within 15 minutes from your old phone

I have a iPhone 12 on it's way.
Was due for an upgrade as I bypassed the 11 model.

Back