I’ve got a 12 Pro phone and Series 6 watch, and didn’t see anything compelling me to upgrade. I agree with everyone else: Apple is stubbornly holding on to Lightning just to make a few more dollars on cables. Going to USB-C would lighten up my adapter inventory!!

The real reason they won’t switch is they make lots of money on the cables and licensing them, lol. With Apple revenue up 36% YOY last quarter, we can all complain but will have to live with the lightning connector. First world problems as I often tell my three kids.

It would make me happier if all the golf companies standardized their driver shaft adapters.

View attachment 9028132
Of course its the reason (as mentioned previously)
Just as its the reason their computers will go back to the MagSafe.
It always has been about money, just as their slow to roll out technology.

Am I the only one underwhelmed by the 13 roll out info?

nope, not one bit.
Honestly, the only product that was really a standout to me was the new iPad mini redesign.
The phone is what it is, a bump in some areas but nothing massively new.
Watch got some thinner bezels, but not the complete overhaul that was talked about weeks heading into this.

The real reason they won’t switch is they make lots of money on the cables and licensing them, lol. With Apple revenue up 36% YOY last quarter, we can all complain but will have to live with the lightning connector. First world problems as I often tell my three kids.

It would make me happier if all the golf companies standardized their driver shaft adapters.

The better analogy in my mind is that golf companies would use a universal wrench, which they now mostly all due. Apple with the lightning cable was like Srixon with the square wrench. Only apple was way more successful. Thankfully, Srixon has gone away with that design and you can now use pretty much every other golf wrench.

nope, not one bit.
Honestly, the only product that was really a standout to me was the new iPad mini redesign.
The phone is what it is, a bump in some areas but nothing massively new.
Watch got some thinner bezels, but not the complete overhaul that was talked about weeks heading into this.
Ugh. You spell it out like that and im sad.

I am still comfortably rocking the 3.
I need to get my screen replaced. On it and my phone, but really, I just want to upgrade camera from the XS Max

I doubt I’d consider upgrading until the battery in my 11 won’t get me around the course using my gps app. I just don’t need the newest stuff when it comes to phones

I'm still rocking my 8+ and really don't feel the need to upgrade. Prior to the 13's specifications being release I thought I would consider upgrading if they upgraded the WiFi modem to WiFi 6E. Simply not going to replace a perfectly good phone without 6E capabilities... especially when I typically keep my cell phone for several years.

Perhaps WiFi 6E will be introduced in next years phone offerings... but until then it's a solid no to a new phone. (n)

I’m not seeing anything to compel me to go from the 11 to the 13. My watch 4 though, might be time to upgrade to the new watch.

Just did a pre-order on the Apple web site. With their pre-order/trade-in special that I think expires today, it's going to cost me an additional ... $2.75 per month ... to upgrade from an XR to a 13. Pretty sweet deal.

Edited out that one phrase. I meant that you can get all the pre-order, pre-order stuff done today and be all set for in the morning.

Last edited:
Just did a pre-order on the Apple web site. With their pre-order/trade-in special that I think expires today, it's going to cost me an additional ... $2.75 per month ... to upgrade from an XR to a 13. Pretty sweet deal.

that's one thing I feel like they do well, make it enticing enough to upgrade without costing an arm and a leg.

Thought pre order begins tomorrow???

You can pre-preorder lol

Gets all your info in there so when preorder goes live you essentially just click buy

You can get all the choices and trade-in stuff done today and then hit the pre-order buy button in the morning.

that's one thing I feel like they do well, make it enticing enough to upgrade without costing an arm and a leg.
ANd in the end, its not like the retailers can pressure them. They need AAPL more than APPL needs the retailers.

ANd in the end, its not like the retailers can pressure them. They need AAPL more than APPL needs the retailers.

so very very true

Correct. That same deal was not available through my carrier, AT&T. But, by going through Apple, I got tons of AT&T credit that made it a no-brainer upgrade.

Correct. That same deal was not available through my carrier, AT&T. But, by going through Apple, I got tons of AT&T credit that made it a no-brainer upgrade.
I wanted to go that route but it said I need my own Unlimited data plan (at least for Verizon). We have a shared plan already so I can't seem to go that route. I was very excited when it was only going to be an extra $6 per month initially only to be disappointed by the fine print lol

So now I'm deciding if I want to pay fully upfront and trade in my XR to Apple for a credit, or just go the normal payoff route with Verizon. Decisions

Was very pleased with my upgrade from the X to 12 Pro Max. Won’t be making the switch to the 13 Pro Max.

I wanted to go that route but it said I need my own Unlimited data plan (at least for Verizon). We have a shared plan already so I can't seem to go that route. I was very excited when it was only going to be an extra $6 per month initially only to be disappointed by the fine print lol

So now I'm deciding if I want to pay fully upfront and trade in my XR to Apple for a credit, or just go the normal payoff route with Verizon. Decisions
Yes, it did require the unlimited data plan, which, with my data-devouring gang, I already had with AT&T. My XR has started doing the short-life battery thing so it's time to make the switch.

Yes, it did require the unlimited data plan, which, with my data-devouring gang, I already had with AT&T. My XR has started doing the short-life battery thing so it's time to make the switch.
Yeah I should have mentioned we already have a shared Unlimited, not just shared plan. Still wanted me to start my own to get the discount though. Ohhhh well. And my XR hardly gets through half a day anymore. I don't know how anyone who says they have less than that has a working battery at this point :p

No reason for me to upgrade from my 11. I play games but those still run fine.
I don't use my camera a lot.
I have no need for 5G... I want 5G but it's not in my area I don't think.

And for them to stick with lame old tech instead of switching over. :mad:

We will preorder tomorrow, moving up from xs. Setup and ready to go. 13 pro for Julie and 13 pro max for me. Biggest interests for us are camera, battery life, and screen quality/brightness. The max will be my largest ever phone, and although there will be size-based trade offs, my eyes will appreciate the extra screen real estate. I can get a lot of out and about work (and THP posting 🤠) done on a phone.

Back