Completed the pre-preorder this afternoon, have it all ready for the morning. Alarm set for 4:30 am, will be sitting with my finger on the trigger at 4:59 waiting for the preorders to open up. 256 GB 13 Pro in Graphite. Also ordered the 20W fast charger plug - and had to laugh at the irony that it's USB-C to Lightning!

Do you actually get to experience them? Mine are covered by a Speck case because I know it would freak you out otherwise.
This is me too. Rounded edges, squared edges, doesn't matter because I really don't get to experience them. My phones go in a case first thing when they come out of the box. I'm rough on my phones, can't see bouncing one around like I do without it being in a case. I'd have the heebie-jeebies and it wouldn't take long for it to look like I'd dragged it down ten miles of bad road behind my truck. I already have a case ordered (Spigen Liquid Air Armor), it will be here before the phone will!

BTW @JB, new iPad mini gets USB C
Yup. It literally makes no sense other than stealing. It’s such a **** move to such a loyal fan base too.

After doing the pre-order, pre-order yesterday, was able to get the true pre-order done this morning. The Apple site is laboring this morning -- and received "bad gateway" multiple times -- but was finally able to complete the order. Looking forward to turning in my XR for the new 13 and improved battery life.

After doing the pre-order, pre-order yesterday, was able to get the true pre-order done this morning. The Apple site is laboring this morning -- and received "bad gateway" multiple times -- but was finally able to complete the order. Looking forward to turning in my XR for the new 13 and improved battery life.
I just did the pre-order and didn’t run into any issues, seemed to work very smooth for me and whole process took about a minute or two. I’m with you on looking forward to turning in XR for 13 as my battery life is struggling on a day to day basis.

Got my wife the 13 in Gold 256 GB.

She was on the XS so it was time for her.

I am on the 11 Pro Max, and really don't see any reason to upgrade. I will hold out for the 14 and hope it is worth upgrading to.

Just pre-ordered the pro max! Will be nice upgrade from XR. Gonna order the pro for the wife shortly as she still on an 8

I waited for the 12 to be released last year so I could buy a discounted 11. 14 is my lucky number so I may upgrade next year, or else wait one more year to get it on a discount too.

The apple watch is intriguing. I am admittedly low tech (still own a boob tube tv from the 90's) so I am really slow to upgrade to new technology.

Pre ordered the 13 Pro. First time I've ever done a phone pre order. But it was time to move on from my XR

I pre-ordered the 128 gb version, hoping that is enough space for me. I typically don't have a ton of photos/videos/music stored directly on my phone, and I don't use too many of apps or play many games, so I'm hopeful it won't be an issue having only 128 instead of the 256 gb option.

I pre-ordered the 128 gb version, hoping that is enough space for me. I typically don't have a ton of photos/videos/music stored directly on my phone, and I don't use too many of apps or play many games, so I'm hopeful it won't be an issue having only 128 instead of the 256 gb option.
I went back and forth hard on that. But I currently have a 64 GB phone and am only using 38 GB with everything on there which means I would have 90 to play with. Hoping I'll be fine for two years lol

I went back and forth hard on that. But I currently have a 64 GB phone and am only using 38 GB with everything on there which means I would have 90 to play with. Hoping I'll be fine for two years lol

The pictures with this will be incredible in December! I don't think I will be upgrading from the 11 in time.

The pictures with this will be incredible in December! I don't think I will be upgrading from the 11 in time.
That's a BIG reason why I went with the Pro. I wanted all the camera goodness for the possible content down there

I think I have to finally upgrade this time. I'm still rockin' an iphone 6. My app store icon has 26 apps to update that I can't update because they require iOS 13 or higher...my 6 stopped getting updates at iOS 12.5 (still get security updates though). I knew it was bad when the ESPN app stopped working. THP app still works though!

Viva the 6!

I have zero interest “upgrading” and the App Store can kiss my app.

Aren’t the new phones going to be checking up on your browsing? You know, like if you say “Joe Biden is marshmallow” Steve Jobs will rise from his grave and make you say you’re sorry?

Viva the 6!

I have zero interest “upgrading” and the App Store can kiss my app.

Aren’t the new phones going to be checking up on your browsing?
It's nice knowing Siri isn't listening in on me waiting for me to say "hey Siri" until I plug in the charging cable (unlike the newer phones that can access Siri via voice whether plugged in or not). But, I'm seeing these screens on more and more apps so upgrade time it is!

51487076851_cd854d5d8e_w.jpg51487297438_7a457558a8_w.jpg51487297448_f7d4f05413_w.jpg

Pre-order went smoothly this morning - I was on at 5:00, the store opened at 5:03 and I was in and out to place my order. Phone is supposed to be delivered on launch day (next Friday, 24th).

It's nice knowing Siri isn't listening in on me waiting for me to say "hey Siri" until I plug in the charging cable (unlike the newer phones that can access Siri via voice whether plugged in or not)...
You can go into Settings and turn Siri completely off so that you have to hit the power button to bring her up, or you can also set her so you can only access "Hey Siri" when your phone is unlocked - can't access her from the lock screen.

I did the same check, have 12 GB left on my XR, just hoping the new systems and photos with this new advanced camera don't take a ton of space haha, if the memory use is similar to the XR then I should have no issues over the next 3-4 years.

I did the same check, have 12 GB left on my XR, just hoping the new systems and photos with this new advanced camera don't take a ton of space haha, if the memory use is similar to the XR then I should have no issues over the next 3-4 years.
Are the image sizes larger? Both appear to be the same size image I believe.

They're both 12MP cameras and the XR used the same formats (JPG and HEIF), so file sizes should be similar as long as you're not shooting in the newer ProRAW format (which are significantly larger files).

With all the advanced camera features they highlight in the promos for this phone I just assumed photos/videos had to take up more memory haha

I am still comfortably rocking the 3.
I'm still on the Apple Watch 3 as well. Still seems to work well for me! The new version is very tempting though with the slightly more rounded corners.

Have to decide if I want to update my watch or phone first. Rocking the XR there.

With all the advanced camera features they highlight in the promos for this phone I just assumed photos/videos had to take up more memory haha
Outside of Raw, they should be the same.

I usually buy them outright, but with AT&T trade offers, I got 13 Mini and 13 Pro all for free by trading in my XR and 12 mini, respectively.

Pre ordered the 13 Pro. First time I've ever done a phone pre order. But it was time to move on from my XR
I've been on iPhones since the 3G and this is the first time I've ever done pre-order/gotten a release day phone. I did it this time because it was time to upgrade from my XS anyway, and the battery is about to give up the ghost so the timing was right. No sense spending the money on a battery replacement and then getting a new phone a month or two later.

My XS is a 256 GB and I have plenty of storage free, but I went with the 256 again on the 13 Pro just because I'd rather have too much storage than too little. I have 76 GB used on my current phone, and I periodically go through and clean out photos/videos, apps I'm not using, etc., so I could bump up against the 128 if I got a little carried away.

Last edited:
My XS is a 256 GB and I have plenty of storage free, but I went with the 256 again on the 13 Pro just because I'd rather have too much storage than too little. I have 76 GB used on my current phone, and I periodically go through and clean out photos/videos, apps I'm not using, etc., so I could bump up against the 128 if I got a little carried away.

Do you still have to pay $.99 a month to Apple for iCloud storage with that much on your phone?

as soon as I bought my iPhone X with 64gb had to start paying that

Back