iPhone or Golf Equipment: Which will you update first?

It’s amazing that this morning my Xs Max was the top of the line and tonight it is a POS. Nah, I’m good for another year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maxw72;n8905040 said:
I use to update my iphone every year...Right up until they started asking $1,000+ for the "top" model. Ever since then I have stayed put with my X and looking at the 11 I don't think it is something I'm going to look into. There has been some grief about the fact there is no 5G capability but lets be real, until there is a decent 5G network who needs it? I, like others, am on the upgrade plan and I didn't upgrade to the Xs and the only thing making me think about upgrading to the 11 is the fact that I don't want to be on the "S" line when I make my next upgrade. So I either upgrade this year or wait two years. That being said, the camera on the 11 is an absolute unit! Looks extremely promising for those "architecture" shots AKA golf holes. The Mack Daddy Tactical green is very tempting.....That all being said, I want to give up golf every time I have to hit a wedge shot and I'm convinced some more forgiving wedges will help my game....$1,000 would buy an awfully nice set of wedges!

But really when are we going to admit that we cannot tell a difference between 5G and LTE speeds? Lets be real, waiting an extra second or two for my apps to download is not going to kill me.

So what I heard was upgrading both. I like that plan. Ha!

I’m upgrading. I’m on the upgrade program and just look at it like a lease. I like new toys.

Still have the 7S and works just fine for me, besides paying over a $1000 dollars for a new phone makes me cringe (ouch) playing my equipment that’s only a couple years in Ping G400 line and Ping I e1 irons which I just love. The only thing I’m looking at now are the new Glide 3.0 wedges.

Well I buckled. I’ll have an iPhone 11 pro max. If things work out as expected I’ll have that and a set of Mizuno MP-20 SEL once same day.

Nate;n8905199 said:
So what I heard was upgrading both. I like that plan. Ha!

I’m upgrading. I’m on the upgrade program and just look at it like a lease. I like new toys.

Another reason why we call you 'Big Time' :angel:

Surprised the new Apple Watch 5 wasn’t on the upgrade question. They updated and upgraded the GPS to better utilize various Apps. I’m guessing the Golf apps will have improved accuracy and performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stemmy66;n8905221 said:
Another reason why we call you 'Big Time' :angel:

Gotta have something to take awesome pics in Tahoe next year at the same time hit more greens & make more putts!

It’ll be golf equipment for me. I wait until the phone company tells me that I can have “X” device for free and keep my plan because I’m no longer under contract.

I used to upgrade my phone more often, but then they started selling for $1,000 and I’d rather put that towards green fees, range balls, or new grips.

RayG;n8905256 said:
Surprised the new Apple Watch 5 wasn’t on the upgrade question. They updated and upgraded the GPS to better utilize various Apps. I’m guessing the Golf apps will have improved accuracy and performance.

Series 4 GPS works pretty danged good for me. Not enough on the 5 to upgrade for me personally.

RayG;n8905256 said:

The 3 for me is so freaking good that I cannot justify $400 for an always on display.

I'm due for an upgrade in April and will be getting a new phone then. If it came down to upgrading golf equipment or upgrading my phone, the golf equipment would win every time.

My work phone is an Iphone 6s and I highly doubt my company will be upgrading that any time soon.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Golf equipment first. My phone I hardly use for other then calling and on here. Not too worried if it’s a little older tech

It's going to be a long time before I update a phone. I have the Galaxy Note 9 which seems like the last high end phone without a notch or hole in the screen. I really dont understand this stupid notch stuff. Getting rid of the bevel by creating a notch seems like a solution to something that wasn't a problem in the first place.

Does adding a new battery into a current model count as an update? If so, iPhone :alien2:

Definitely golf equipment. I have a phone (android) only for convenience and really could care less about it. Stays on silence 24/7. Will probably use the Samsung I have until it dies.

RayG;n8905256 said:

SERIOUSLY thinking about grabbing an iWatch 5

I used to upgrade every year, sometimes every other year, but am going to hang on to my 7 plus another year.

No need to upgrade my phone, nothing the new one can do that my current can't.

Also I don’t know if I can bring myself to spend 1k on a phone that no longer includes the 3D Touch.

Still rocking the 8+ and no plans to update just yet so golf equipment it is!

iphone. i want a new one before the grandaddy, and at the grandaddy i'll have an equipment update.

Still rocking a 7 and will likely have it for another year or so. I imagine I'll have some new form of equipment first.

I have upgraded most of my golf equipment this year and my employer supplies my iPhone 7Plus.
Neither of us want to spend any more money this year, so I see no new iPhone in my near future, even though it's just over 2 years old.

Golf equipment for me. My phone is work provided, iPhone 7, and will likely be the same until I break it or it stops working. Either of these happening are a very slim chance.

I don't have a valid response, since I gave up on iPhone's about 5 years ago. But the answer would be golf equipment regardless.

Back