iPING Skins Game - PGA Show 2012

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
AT the PGA Show PING help held a $5000 iPING Skins Game Contest and the story behind how it went is pretty cool so I thought I would share it with everyone.

From PING:

"Over 200 PGA Members tried qualifying for the Friday 32 player matchplay. As the bracket slimmed down on Friday afternoon we were left with only four players going into the final big match. Each PGA Professional chose to use either our new Nome or Anser Milled putter. At 1pm on Friday our presentation began on the PGA main stage. Using this as a platform each player had the opportunity to win up to $5000 for making putts when the pressure was on. Each of these players have proved to be excellent and consistent putters which was shown in their iPING stats. The first hole was worth $1,000, the second $1,500 and the third $2,500. After a couple carry overs the final hole was worth a total of $5,000. The first three players gave the final hole a good run, but it came down to the final PGA Professional, Chris Hodge. With $5,000 on the line and the pressure mounting, Chris delivered sinking the putt and taking it all. We're extremely happy for Chris and think this contest is a great testament to iPING and how consistent putters will always rise to the top."

i-pNDfvNp-L.jpg
i-psSbzXB-L.jpg

Jeez, that's some serious nerve right there. Lucky dude.

Lucky!!!

That's pretty awesome. I saw a bunch of stuff on Twitter about this, but didn't have too much info. This was a really great idea. Congrats to him for winning!

Pretty cool little contest! Neat thing of PING to do for the PGA professionals in attendance.

That Anser putter is awesome! I was putting at Edwin Watts in Dallas with the Anser and Scotty. I'm telling you, a lot of
people, if given a head-to-head test, would pick the Anser. Great feel, sound, weighting, set-up... Awesome!

That's awesome. Lucky guy..

That's really cool, ice water in his veins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that's awesome! Sounds like there were a good number of people watching it too.

Back