Iron and Head Covers

Oldman

Reaction score
Handicap
30.3 InfoT
I used to have two head covers for my Driver and 3 Wood.

I just bought a "New to Me" Warrior set of irons, graphite shaft, senior flex. While waiting for the snow to melt outside (We still have around 8" on the ground and 2' drifts), I ordered me a set of Iron Covers for my irons.

Got them in and they really make my set of clubs look "Snazzy."

So not to be out done, I am bidding on a set of covers for my 2 Drivers, 3 wood, and a 5 hybrid.

Can't wait to see my golf buddie's faces when I show up looking good. :D

I know this club covers is a debated item all the time but these new irons are black and will probably show every little scrape and nick. So I thought I would see how long I could keep them looking new.

Oldman

I have set my goal to shoot a 90 on a par 72 course this summer. It is very attainable for me, or so I think, for being a 72 year old.

If I can shoot Bogey Golf, from the whites, I will be pleased.

ironcovers.jpg

I'm with you Oldman. For what I paid for my irons, I am definitely going to protect them. It takes a minuscule amount of time to remove and replace a head cover. Just make sure the heads are dry before you install the cover.

I have a “just say no” policy on iron headcovers, to me they’re tools that have a job to do. But...it takes all kind to make the world go round. Be a boring place if we were all the same.

I hope you enjoy your new irons and protecting your equipment from needless wear with head covers. It's why I use them for transport, but once out of the car, they go bye bye.

Headcovers while traveling are good; otherwise, they are a PITA on irons.

"Snazzy"

tenor.gif

I am one of the few on here that is pro iron covers so I like it. Congrats on the acquisitions!

I am one of the few on here that is pro iron covers so I like it. Congrats on the acquisitions!

There are at least 2 of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck, buy Mizunos with Boron - 4 months and no chatter on them. Don't need no headcovers. :)

Count me as pro iron headcovers, too.

I use iron covers.

I also use iron covers, and am completely familiar with the stigma associated with them. I also play a Bombtech 3w and an SLDR driver. I just put my flame suit on as soon as I open my trunk.

-Bishop

Back