Iron Recomendations

Dubon25

Reaction score
Handicap
I started playing 10 months ago with old great big bertha graphite irons. I want to switch to newer clubs with steel shafts. I am looking to spend about $400 with the fitting. What clubs do you recommend for a noob like me to get. Thanks in advance for your help.

I would think it would be quite hard to find an iron set for $400 that isn't off the internet where there's no fitting available. But I would agree with Smalls and check out all the reviews on the site here. There's plenty of great ones.

I'd say you can't go wrong with 09 burners. There about $400 now. But hit as many as you can and find out what works best for you. Have fun, testing new clubs is always a lot of fun.

Any of the clubs from the Burner line are exceptional, especially the 2.0s. Check any of them out though. You'll see great distance, and pretty good forgiveness too!

I would agree that you can probably find the 09 burners for about $400 now and get them fitted for free from somebody like Golf Galaxy or another big box store

I'm partial to my Ping G20's, and I don't even have them yet LOL

Sadly you can not get them for $400 since they are just out on the market .... I did enjoy hitting them at the demo day..... dont' ya know too, that it just so happened that on that day, my form was spot on ... that was funny to me, and expensive too LOL

I'd suggest you get a Ping fitting, and then order your custom specs from a place like Discount Dan's. You can get the G15 irons for under $500 fully spec'd.

Back