iron shafts for s57s

AK jr.

d2 college player
Reaction score
Handicap
im about to go to my clubfitter on wednesday to get this all taken care of so nobody say, "hey you should go to a clubfitter." i am looking at three different shafts other than the stock dg s300. they are the kbs tour, project x, and rifle shafts. any reviews, comparisons, experiences, and advice in relation to any of those 3 shafts is appreciated. thanks!

Can only comment on rifle shafts as I've used them in various clubs over the years.

I always found them a different beast to standard True Temper or dynamic gold cousins.

Personally I found them more consistent when swinging harder for whatever reason and due to the weight I found the clubs to be slightly more balanced which is what I prefer.

That being said it' all relative to the clubs you choose, flex and the phase of the moon.

The KBS is the ideal match for those irons, had them and loved them.
Also, keep in mind when odering from the WRX dept., you can specify swingweight. Funny, but the fitting cart 57's have a sw of D0, but standard from the factory is D2 (I believe, w/o looking at their online spces).
PX tend to "boardy" feeling, but I do like them. Rfiles are somewhat similar to the PX.
I love the way the KBS tend to "kick" or whatever, a wonderful loading type of feel when your swing is right on.

just looked at the ping website. the s57s are d1 with the exception of the pw which is d3. that is pretty much what i want. i want a shaft somewhere in the 120-125 range weight wise. scooter, did you find the stiff in the kbs to play less than such? my coach plays s57s with kbs tour x shafts and says they play more like stiff, im just not positive i want 130 gram shafts.

AK - don't rule out the Nippon shafts as an option as well.

I have the 950's in mine, but they are available much heavier.

AK - don't rule out the Nippon shafts as an option as well.

I have the 950's in mine, but they are available much heavier.

the heaviest they come are in 116 or so, i have z-z65's in my i10s right now which play slightly lighter than that. the reason i am getting new irons is because they are too light. i like the swing weight of the s57s, but i really want a shaft around 125 grams, which could very well be the dg s300s because apparently the stock s300s that come in s57s are 124 grams instead of the normal 130 according to pings website

ak, actually a little bit less than stiff imo...but could be how the cool kickpoint felt to me. I think they play a tad weaker (flex) than say s300.

well after the fitting today, heres the new set coming in about a week:
s57 3-pw black dot
kbs tour s shafts hard stepped
standard length

Back