Iron Specification's....Where to Find Them?

kidzwitgunz

Reaction score
Handicap
So because I crave information does anyone know where I can find the exact AND complete iron specifications for three different sets?

Sets in question are Adams GT, GT Tour, and Srixon I-701. I have called around to OEM's and every place I can think of and I either get referred to their website (?) or they do not know because they are "new" hires. Now I am not stupid and ALL specifications (loft, lie, offset, bounce etc) are NOT listed on their website's...............what is even more annoying is that no when offered or allowed me to get the PDF of the spec's e-mailed to me. I mean the Matrix/Graphite Design rep's I talked to offered right off of the bat...........anybody know or point me in the right direction?

Adams | Tight Lies GT

2 19*
3 22
4 25
5 28
6 31
7 34
8 38
9 42
PW 46*
GW 51
SW 56
LW 60
Lie angles
2-59*
3&4 60*
5&6 61*
7&8 62*
9,pw,gw,sw & LW 63*

Adams | Tight Lies Tour GT

1 17*
2 19*
3 22*
4 25
5 28
6 32
7 36
8 40
9 44
pw 48*
Lie angles
1-2 59*
3-4 60*
5-6 61*
7-8 62*
9-pw 63*

That's all I have

Srixon I701 Iron Specs:

http://www.srixon.com/i701ironspec.html

Adams GT Specs:

http://www.golfclubspec.com/iron_results.php?id=2

Adams GT Tour Specs:

http://www.golfclubspec.com/iron_results.php?id=3

The first link is to Srixon's website but the other two are to a generic "Specs" website. The latter is only as current as 2007 or so at the latest, but most manufacturers don't vary specs like loft and lie all that much so what's shown there is probably accurate for most of their products and the rest you can extrapolate on your own (like the loft of a 2006 "Tour" set is most likely the same loft for all "Tour" sets made by that manufacturer, etc.)

Hope this helps!

-JP

It does, especially in regards to the Adam's THX guys. Still wondering about the offset though, unless I am reading something wrong the srixon doesn't list that right?

With my Adams' stuff I can always just measure that myself since I have the hard copies right here! :D

BTW this would explain why (and I kinda figured this was the case) I am a good 5 yards give/take with my new Srixon's, amazing what one degree does huh?

It does, especially in regards to the Adam's THX guys. Still wondering about the offset though, unless I am reading something wrong the srixon doesn't list that right?

With my Adams' stuff I can always just measure that myself since I have the hard copies right here! :D

BTW this would explain why (and I kinda figured this was the case) I am a good 5 yards give/take with my new Srixon's, amazing what one degree does huh?

I get what you're saying, but there's a little more to yardage than just loft angles.

It also has to do with the clubhead weight, offset and shaft flex and how all of those things interact with each other. Then there's geometry of your swing, your swing arc and how those things are affected by the other three things and there's even the way you personally feel about a club that factors into how you play with it.

A single degree of loft is indeed "worth" something on some scale, but how much it's worth and why is a bit more complicated than just a single degree of face angle.

-JP

I would concur (some on that list I did not realize tho thx) but I figured my swing hasn't changed that much and from what I can tell weight hasn't so..........

But also it's why I am in the process of trying to find out about offset......

'Cause like any solid and respectable "shooter" one carries a field notebook with avg distances and carry from certain lies/shot shaping etc written down to save having to dredge up memories and updates this weekly! And now my avg are off a little and it is enough to be slightly annoying, especially in regards to fade's and knockdowns etc.

Then again I might be a tad little more OCD and tend to apply shooting principles to other aspects of my life...........:banghead:

I would concur (some on that list I did not realize tho thx) but I figured my swing hasn't changed that much and from what I can tell weight hasn't so..........

But also it's why I am in the process of trying to find out about offset......

'Cause like any solid and respectable "shooter" one carries a field notebook with avg distances and carry from certain lies/shot shaping etc written down to save having to dredge up memories and updates this weekly! And now my avg are off a little and it is enough to be slightly annoying, especially in regards to fade's and knockdowns etc.

Then again I might be a tad little more OCD and tend to apply shooting principles to other aspects of my life...........:banghead:

I can't help you on the offset numbers but I CAN tell you this:

"Tour" blades generally have an offset range starting with about 3mm or 4mm at the 2 or 3-iron and dropping to 2mm or less by the time you reach the PW. " Super Game Improvement" clubs generally start with a 3-iron offset of about 6mm or 7mm and drop to about 3mm or 4mm at the PW and "Game Improvement irons fall in between.

Naturally, these are very ballpark numbers but I don't think they're that far off. I guess if all else fails you could just lay the clubhead face down on a bench and actually measure the gap and it would at least give you a starting point.

-JP

each OEM's website should post the specs of their clubs. with older models you can google the model and usually find the specs somewhere.

Most OEM's do. Titleist still has them in the Historical club section with most of their clubs they don't even make anymore. The 990 DCI's, which are 10 years old, still have the specs on there.

THX Guys!

Sadly Srixon doesn't list it, at least not where I can find it, so I am measuring them myself this weekend. My next question is JPsuff's method as accurate as I am going to get? (No offense to your method JPsuff, but when it comes to doing anything else other than swinging my clubs I must confess my "newbie"-ness)

So because I crave information does anyone know where I can find the exact AND complete iron specifications for three different sets?

Sets in question are Adams GT, GT Tour, and Srixon I-701. I have called around to OEM's and every place I can think of and I either get referred to their website (?) or they do not know because they are "new" hires. Now I am not stupid and ALL specifications (loft, lie, offset, bounce etc) are NOT listed on their website's...............what is even more annoying is that no when offered or allowed me to get the PDF of the spec's e-mailed to me. I mean the Matrix/Graphite Design rep's I talked to offered right off of the bat...........anybody know or point me in the right direction?

Specs are good to know for the clubs you hit well so you can replace them if necessary, not sure that knowing specs for off the shelf clubs is very significant since all but bounce and offset can be changed on any club. If you are truly an 8 handicap then you can pretty much ignore all but players clubs most likely.

Specs are good to know for the clubs you hit well so you can replace them if necessary, not sure that knowing specs for off the shelf clubs is very significant since all but bounce and offset can be changed on any club. If you are truly an 8 handicap then you can pretty much ignore all but players clubs most likely.

So as I stated previously I am new to club tinkering, I can just take my 701's into a club guy and tell him to make a constant offset? Would this be a stupid idea? Only reason I ask is that I am enjoying the 701's and find that as I shift into my busy season I do not have to bring my "A" iron striking game all the time, and if I miss some practice I am okay, yet unless I have missed something completely the actual offset is no where to be found? Is it called by some other term on their website?

And only reason I want to know is that I like these iron's, enough so that I need to know these variable's should I have to replace them ever right or to tinker with them to optimize my swing?

So as I stated previously I am new to club tinkering, I can just take my 701's into a club guy and tell him to make a constant offset? Would this be a stupid idea? Only reason I ask is that I am enjoying the 701's and find that as I shift into my busy season I do not have to bring my "A" iron striking game all the time, and if I miss some practice I am okay, yet unless I have missed something completely the actual offset is no where to be found? Is it called by some other term on their website?

And only reason I want to know is that I like these iron's, enough so that I need to know these variable's should I have to replace them ever right or to tinker with them to optimize my swing?

No offset and bounce are the two specs that you cannot change. I the sole is too wide or the bounce to high or if you need more or less offset then you have to look at a different clubhead. Generally speaking if you do not have a problem with slicing you can go with less offset. If you play off firm turf most of the time or you do not hit the ball fat very often if at all then then you can go with less bounce.

Technically by changing loft, the bounce can change and in some cases not a good thing.

Back