Irons: How do you view them?

I'd say 3.

I tend to take good care of all of my stuff. When I sell my cars, I always get comment from the buyer about how clean it is. My hand tools will get a rinse and/or wipedown after use, and my clubs are no different.

But I accept that with that comes wear. I like them to stay looking new for as long as possible. Small dings and scratches are part of the territory and are inevitable. I don't get worked up over those, but I would for gouges from rocks, cart paths, or carelessness. I'm the kind of guy that would bring a desert club if I played courses with a lot of gravellly areas.

I have iron covers, but they're only used for travel. I'd just as easily use a towel in those cases, but the iron covers were gifted so it's a way for me to show they get some use.

Unfortunately I am in camp #1 even though I would like to somewhere in between 2 & 3. I used to b a solid #2 but that was before I bought new irons each year & didn’t care about chatter. My MAGregor v-foil cm 1025’s I used for at least 5 years took a lot of abuse & were beat to hell but boy did I love those irons. My p760’s I used all summer still look mint...so maybe I should sell them & get something new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 for sure. i don’t use iron covers and i won’t. ever. but i still clean them and maintain them well.

Back