Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Purely for fun....

What irons would you build if you were given access to anything. Be it Tour heads, crazy today caricatures shafts, whatever. Let’s have some fun, eh? GET CRAZY!

Right now I'm pretty damned pleased with what's in my bag, Mizuno JPX 919 Forged, Steelfiber i95 R, GP MCC+4 Midsize. With all the chatter about the new JPX 921 Forged, I could be talked into giving them a go, with the same shafts and grips. :drinks:

Those Golden Bear Miuras... Maybe with some paderson kinetics ballistic shafts

MiuraJN2-1856-Wall.jpg

Last edited:
I am happy with what I have now, with maybe a tweak here or there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miura Baby Blades with Recoil 95 protos. 6-PW only $1925. SEXY
baby-blades

Titleist T100's in black.
Project X Flighted Shafts in black
Midsize Black Grips

Basically a stealth set :love:

Sorry, that set is only available 3-P. Trust me. I’ve tried :ROFLMAO:
Cmon who really needs a 3 iron? Heck I don't even carry a 4iron anymore. :cry:

This is hard since I've owned a lot of good sets of irons.

Things on my mind
Mizuno MP4
Srixon z745/z945, z765/z965
Callaway Apex MB (2018, would like to see the raw). Apex Pro has been a solid lineup. The 2013 Xforged was also a great club.
Cobra Forged Pro CB/MB, Cobra Forged Tour
Titleist 716 MB (Titleist MBs are a safe choice), I also think the 716 AP2 was my favorite AP2
Taylormade p730, p750 (tp mc/MB have been solid). The PSi Tour was an interesting iron.

Never have hit miuras or a lot of the other japanese forgings.

For things you can buy right now, I think the Titleist 620 MB is I would gravitate towards.

For what would be my dream set I think my set I have right now except with split at the 5 iron. (4 iron CB, 5 MB - G MB). I guess I could get the current version and strip them raw. The black finish looks cool but I think raw would look cooler.

Cmon who really needs a 3 iron? Heck I don't even carry a 4iron anymore. :cry:
Bend them a few degrees weak and you won't need a gap wedge.

Remember, it’s having fun, ANYTHING you can cook up in your brain. No need to be boring here boys and girls :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Remember, it’s having fun, ANYTHING you can cook up in your brain. No need to be boring here boys and girls :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Fine. I want a set BeCu Ping Eye2s. Still in plastic so I can auction them off.

All I know is my clubs would have Kinetixx(x) shafts in them because they are spicy looking. I’m not sure what head but the shafts would be killer looking and the MCC teams grips.

In all seriousness a dream setup for me:

NCW diamondback 5-P with a matching CB 3 and 4 iron. BBFco ferrules (thinking Green, silver, black) with white paint fill for iron number and NCW logo. Modus 130 shafts. Golf Pride BCT .58 with 2 wraps of tape logo down.

I've actually debated putting my name onto their wait list to get something like this.

I’d go a brand spanking new minty set of RAW Miura CB57’s 4-P with Onyx TT Elevate Tour X100’s with Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cords finished off with a kick ass set of BB&F ferrules.

I would probably venture down the one length rabbit hole, King Black Forged Tec, MCC +4 Connect grips and, need to represent THP with custom Recoil 95s! :cool:

Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro irons with conforming grooves. 5 - PW

Recoil 95 F4 shafts with the black finish that is on the 780 ES SmacWrap shafts with red branding graphics.

Lamkin UTx grips in red with black cord.

I have no idea the details, but it would start with a set of Miura TC-201s.

Ok, I’ll bite. Titleist CNCPT Cp-03, 6 through w, with Paterson Kinetixx shafts, standard L/L/L. Golf Pride Tour Velvet Align grips. Boom!

Mizuno MP-20 in 4-PW with the ACCRA iSeries Tour 100. Add in a custom set of BB&F ferrules with Golf Pride MCC+4 in blue.

Is it bad that I want to go chalk here and just say that I'd love a set of Forged Tec OL with some custom recoil shafts??

Back