armidwestgolf

Reaction score
This is my second post on this but today I let my father try out some irons. We tried out the sim std with graphite. He hit the 7 iron 140 and good contact. he hit the hybrid 200 yards. I took some shots and my furthest went 246 but im not sure about that simulator. He had a few thin hits that were low, but all his shots were straight The set comes with 2 hybrids and is a total of 1100 dollars. He said he liked it, but he said they didnt feel different than HIS current set. He didnt like the grips on em. Is this a good set for him? or keep looking?

This is my second post on this but today I let my father try out some irons. We tried out the sim std with graphite. He hit the 7 iron 140 and good contact. he hit the hybrid 200 yards. I took some shots and my furthest went 246 but im not sure about that simulator. He had a few thin hits that were low, but all his shots were straight The set comes with 2 hybrids and is a total of 1100 dollars. He said he liked it, but he said they didnt feel different than HIS current set. He didnt like the grips on em. Is this a good set for him? or keep looking?
Hard to say. It’s also that time of year when new models are coming, so maybe hold out and hit a few new ones hitting stores over the next few weeks?

yeah . are they coming out with new irons or just new drivers?
i tried explaining to him that cobra makes a good driver

Bump, are there any of good sets ? no callaway mavrik.

He has to like the clubs. $1100 is a lot of money to say that they don’t feel any different than his current set. Like JB said, it’s release season so there are going to be plenty of new options to try out if he’s in the market for new irons!

Pretty much everyone will have new irons and woods pretty much every year. Titleist may not.

How different was the performance of his old irons compared to the new? What are his old clubs?

It would be so nice if he could be fit at somewhere like Club Champion. It’s tough to make recommendations for somebody else, without seeing a swing.

ill ask him about club fitting, i gained40 yards using the sim he gain 10 yards. i dont want to purchase something that he doesnt say. "oh this is really going to help me"

He should really like then

Last edited:
Back