Is a 60-yard ace a real hole-in-one?

If it was your first shot on the hole and it went in the hole then it is a HIO.

I certainly wouldn't look down on anyone claiming it.

I don't think I would personally.

Absolutely. Number 7 at Pebble Beach can play that short depending on tees and the wind. Would you not claim that?

I think if you are able to put the scorecard in the handicap system, and for that hole you write a “1”, it is a hole-in-one

I've made a few on a par 3 course I used to play all the time. I didn't report them nor do I include them in my total. There's a chance I would have a different feeling if it was just a random executive course that I was playing once in a blue moon rather than weekly.

It counts. It's the first shot on a hole. It's a hole in one.

I would count it regardless of how long the hole was. It was still your first shot on that hoIe.

Officially an Ace in my book. There is a tricky but short Par 3 at a course here in Jax. The ladies tee is about 70 yards. Good luck telling them sorry that doesn’t count! A HIO is a HIO.

Yes, if you put a "1" on the scorecard, its a HIO.

Think about it like virginity. If it went in and was finished, it counts.

Ask yourself: for the rest of your life, when people exchange their ‘1st hole in one’ stories at the bar, do u want to always feel like u have an asterisk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are times that the tees are way forward on this hole. A HIO from ANY distance on this beast will always and forever count.

1627425050234.png

That green is Lightening fast and severely sloped back to front. They love putting the pin on the front. Putting off the green is always in play.

Officially an Ace in my book. There is a tricky but short Par 3 at a course here in Jax. The ladies tee is about 70 yards. Good luck telling them sorry that doesn’t count! A HIO is a HIO.
Are you referring to #3 at Windsor Park?

Are you referring to #3 at Windsor Park?
Yes sir. 16 at Hidden Hills about the same from the ladies I think. Also can be tricky. Depending on the pin placement. 3 at Windsor is a little trickier though.
10 at Fleming Island. Same thing. Short does not always mean easy.

It counts. Single stroke from the tee box and you marked a 1 on the scorecard.

100% it counts in my book and would be happy with any hole in one.

Back