is/are your course(s) giving you any COVID-19 updates?

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
via their home pages? FB pages? notes on the doors? I have 6 courses that I frolic around at and only ONE mentions it on their homepage...

No the one we play almost exclusively has no intention to shut down. Today they have a Senior tournament and they will entertain over 130 players. Yet our city restaurants have been closed as of today.

We have had an email from our course stating their intentions and guidance, with a caveat that if the national guidance from the government changes, they will follow it

I have also seen on Facebook where numerous businesses have put out notices to say what services they are offering and what changes have needed to be made

Home course is open and have been communicating via FB and member newsletters.

Our snow just melted again, but we're expecting rain and then single digit lows in the next few days. Without that I'm virtually certain our GM would have already sent us an email updating us on their current and future plans about it. I'm sure when he does it will be 'come out and play!' oriented unless they're extremely short staffed or a cluster has been traced specifically back to the club/restaurant.

My CC sent an email that they are waiving people pairing up in carts so people can use their own or ride as a single with a club cart. While they have an official policy to ride 2 to a cart it's not really enforced that much.

We just got a bunch of snow so they haven't needed to address closing the course yet. However, my main course has a restaurant and simulators and they have closed those until further notice. This is the most communication I've seen on their Facebook pages though. Usually it's one update every couple months

Most of the course in my state and country has posted an official notice that they will close down everything until 31 March including driving ranges, F&B, clubhouse etc...So no golf and travel for at least 2 weeks if not more 😭😭😭

my county system sent out an email when it all started (about a week ago) saying the courses were open and following some new guidelines to keep safe. As far as I know they are all still open.

Got a comprehensive email from the course yesterday; but that was 20 minutes before the SF Bay Area shelter in place mandate - which would appear to negate most of what was said. I won't be playing anytime soon...

my home course just sent out an email saying that it would remain open for play. The conference center and restaurant are dealing with it the same as any other location like it in Ohio.

Offering people to ride as singles in carts. Not much else interesting.

I just ran through their FB pages and only one other mentions it on FB...I would imagine they just e-mailed everyone on their distro lists...but you would think they'd like to maximize their information flow.

My club isn’t closed yet, but I assume that we will get an update if that happens...

Most of the course in my state and country has posted an official notice that they will close down everything until 31 March including driving ranges, F&B, clubhouse etc...So no golf and travel for at least 2 weeks if not more 😭😭😭
This. All our courses and ranges are closed indefinitely

I've been getting emails from my club pretty regularly with info on how they are responding. The bar/restaurant is close except for carry out like everywhere else, they are wiping down the carts before and after every round and are open for now.

Got a comprehensive email from the course yesterday; but that was 20 minutes before the SF Bay Area shelter in place mandate - which would appear to negate most of what was said. I won't be playing anytime soon...
And with that, a further email: closed indefinitely.

Just received an email from the club. Food is carryout only with curbside pickup. Golf courses are open.

Our 9 hole course has yet to give guidance and is open for play with the 18 hole course set to open in a couple of weeks. Called my upcoming golf school in Austin, TX and as of 3 days ago, they are going ahead with the school and are sold out with a waiting list. Not sure if all this will hold up with new restrictions coming from around the country.

We just got this email. I'm just hoping the course will open when it normally does in early April.

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 11.17.05 AM.png

Open and booking tee times - no issues! closed can beverages will be available and limited food

Just checked websites & FB for the 5 courses here (2 muni & 3 public) & only 1 Redlands Mesa had anything posted & it was on the FB page. All of them were still taking tee times, so for the time being we are good to go here.

Not a word on our website.
But the place isn't even open for lunch.

I've seen a number of courses in my area that had opened for the season then have reclosed. Some others are staying open but will be serving no food or beverages.

Nothing publicized yet, though we should be getting the monthly newsletter soon.

I haven't been over there in a week, either. That may need to change this afternoon.

No communication from my home course to date. Haven't been there to see if they have anything posted.

Back